I got stiffed on eBay, man! For my HT ROBOCOP 3.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicky

Super Freak
Reaction score
From a business seller in Germany. I won it for EUR €98.00 (USD $140.00) inc shipping to Ireland. It was so cheap cos it was a factory defect - the left knee was missing it's armour plating but that was mentioned in the listing description. BUT not these:

1). The the flamethrower part of the gun-arm is broken off. They even tried to GLUE it back on (and maybe hope I wouldn't notice) because I can see the residue left behind. :nono

2). The back-support part of the stand hasn't been included!!! Only the base!! :censored

The box is also torn slightly from where they opened the box but I don't really mind that. What do you think is a reasonable amount to expect back in a partial refund for the gun-arm and/or stand (if they dont send it me)?

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=230224168059&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=013

Last edited:
From a business seller in Germany. I won it for EUR €98.00 (USD $140.00) inc shipping to Ireland. It was so cheap cos it was a factory defect - the left knee was missing it's armour plating but that was mentioned in the listing description. BUT not these:

1). The the flamethrower part of the gun-arm is broken off. They even tried to GLUE it back on slyly (and hope I wouldn't notice) cos I can see the residue left behind.

2). The back-support part of the ++++ing stand hasn't been included!!! WTF??? Only the base!!

The box is also torn slightly from where they opened the box but I don't really mind that. What do you think is a reasonable amount to expect back in a partial refund for the gun-arm and/or stand (if they dont send it me)?

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=230224168059&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=013

At least half dude, a broken toy is a broken toy and IMO would be useless to me! I would tell this shady seller that you would want half the price back, if not, get Paypal and Ebay involved right away.

Sorry to hear this garbage news!

Damn that's a lot of problems. They should give you at least a 50% refund for damaged goods that have been half asslied fixed. Althought I'm not sure half "asslied" is a word.

I would ask for all of my money back and tell the guy a broken figure is useless to me. If not contact ebay and paypal. :rolleyes:

a broken toy is a broken toy and IMO would be useless to me! I would tell this shady seller that you would want half the price back,
Some how I don't think non-collecting folk (like the seller though he does have a few other HT items listed) are gonna see it that way. I'm guessing he'll balk at half a refund. I, myself am surprised that I should expect that much.

1). The the flamethrower part of the gun-arm is broken off. They even tried to GLUE it back on slyly (and hope I wouldn't notice) cos I can see the residue left behind.

2). The back-support part of the ++++ing stand hasn't been included!!! WTF??? Only the base!!

if you buy something from ebay, you should always be aware when the price is THAT low

besides...about the flametrower: you can see it on this picture:
5f90_1.JPG

you should have paid more attention, he did't tell this in the discription but he posted a picture where you can see that defect!

sounds like a dick to me mate.
Give him bad feedback with as many abusive words as you can fit :lol:lol:lol:rotfl

yeah, maybe you can do that :confused:

but first, get a full refund of your payment!

it is clear that it was not intended to show on that picture that the gun arm itself was defect too...also the backpart of the stand was missing

Those things weren't in his discription. That is fraud...(remember: law student :))
you got right to a FULL refund

I have bougth from this seller before, even spoke with him one time on the phone and he sounded very friendly and reasonable.
Never had one problem.

if you buy something from ebay, you should always be aware when the price is THAT low besides...about the flametrower: you can see it on this picture:
5f90_1.JPG

you should have paid more attention, he did't tell this in the discription but he posted a picture where you can see that defect!
I knew the price was low but I thought it was because of the knee and nothing else cos the seller did not say!

I see the gun-arm now in the picture but how would I know it was broken unless I already have this figure or knew what it was supposed to look like?? I don't have this figure and have never seen it close-up - if that is a defective gun-arm I wouldn't know it until now because I have received my item. There is glue residue there though, maybe they tried to glue it but failed.

Anyway a picture isn't enough - sellers must clearly describe their items in listings.

Last edited:
I'd ask for a partial refund or to have the fully amount refunded and ship it back to him. Thats too many problems... although I wouldn't have bought him with the missing knee part either, can't think of anyway you could fix that problem.

I knew the price was low but I thought it was because of the knee and nothing else cos the seller did not say!

I see the gun-arm now in the picture but how would I know it was broken unless I already have this figure or knew what it was supposed to look like?? I don't have this figure and have never seen it close-up - if that is a defective gun-arm I wouldn't know it until now because I have received my item. There is glue residue there though, maybe they tried to glue it but failed.

Anyway a picture isn't enough - sellers must clearly describe their items in listings.

like I said, based on those facts, you got right for a full refund.

but, next time check the pictures good ;) and if there are some defects to be seen on pictures that is not described in words...do not trust it.

I emailed the seller last night asking for EUR €35.00 refund which equals about 36% of the full price I paid. This was his reply:

I apologise for the wrong listing, havin' so much stuff to describe sometimes mistakes are made. I'm fine with a partial refund, but I think EURO 20.00 should be enough. If its not OK for you, feel free to send the item back and you'll recieve a FULL refund. Its up to you, please let me know your choice.
Sorry for the inconvinience,

I want to keep the fig. What do you guys think? I won't leave him negative fdbk, maybe neutral or none at all. But damn, that busted gun-arm and missing stand puts a downer on me.

I'd say go for a full refund. It's not worth it to have a broken figure. Then again, I'm a perfectionist when it comes to collectibles, so it needs to be in tip top shape. So my vote goes for full refund, haha.

I think they mean full refund if he sends it back... thats what I would do. If it bugs you now I don't think that feeling will diminish over time.

Full refund? You guys are all dreaming. :rolleyes:

I think 20 to 30 euros is pretty fair.
Nobody expects a full refund and to keep the fig! The majority of people here said they'd expect a 50% refund if they were to keep the fig.

Back