Hyrule Warriors for Wii U

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Biojex

Super Freak
Reaction score
The optimal altitude for missile deployment
The brand-new Zelda-themed collaboration between Tecmo Koei and Nintendo – Hyrule Warriors – received an action-packed teaser trailer in today’s Nintendo Direct. You can watch Link battle hordes of Bokoblins, Lizalfos, and even a giant Dodongo, using classic items like the Master Sword, Bombs, and the Fire Rod. it was made clear that this was NOT the new Zelda for Wii U. This is an entirely different entity.

Looks pretty awesome.

[ame]https://youtu.be/ZOq4IiuRMWk[/ame]

Looks like they're just testing the engine for the real Zelda game on the Wii U. I wouldn't be surprised if Hyrule Warriors (or whatever) doesn't get released.

Looks like they're just testing the engine for the real Zelda game on the Wii U. I wouldn't be surprised if Hyrule Warriors (or whatever) doesn't get released.

Doubtful. Nothing about this particular game engine looks particularly special or unique. if it were a physics or game engine tease, we would see more shots that included bizarre new effects with water, or sky, or enviornments, or more closeups of faces or clothing.

Nothing in this can't be done with unity or unreal, or a propietary clone.

IF ANYHTING, it's a tease at what the next zelda game might look like.

Hopefully not, that looks really really bad--graphically.

If they were testing an engine or graphical style then it would most likely be the Zelda demo they were showing when they first announced the Wii U

Take the adventure/exploration element out of Zelda and I get worried... Add those game mechanics and massive battles into a regular Zelda game!

hahhahahAHAHaHahahahAHAHAHAhahaAHAHAHA

Oh, you're serious... sorry.

I think just about every single console Warriors game to come out over the last three years has had online coop. It's a pretty legit question.

I think just about every single console Warriors game to come out over the last three years has had online coop. It's a pretty legit question.

While I agree with you, this is a Nintendo console that it's going to be on so I wouldn't count on anything online with this game.

Hopefully not, that looks really really bad--graphically.

If they were testing an engine or graphical style then it would most likely be the Zelda demo they were showing when they first announced the Wii U

I was talking aesthetically. The design of the characters more than anything else. Art style, etc.

Looks fun, but not much substance. Random fighting seems cool and fun at first, but is that the idea of the entire game? It will get old fast if there isn't much else to do, and at what point with more things to do is it any different from other Zelda games made by Nintendo? Most if not all of which have generally been well to excellently received games (the ones developed by Nintendo)...the pressure is on this one, especially if being developed through a partnership.

And I know the Wii U can't have the graphical output of PS4 and XBO but a Zelda game looking no better than last gen graphics doesn't speak well for Nintendo's current machine. As much as I like Link, this game will have to be amazing to pique interests into actually buying a Wii U.

Looks fun, but not much substance. Random fighting seems cool and fun at first, but is that the idea of the entire game? It will get old fast if there isn't much else to do, and at what point with more things to do is it any different from other Zelda games made by Nintendo? Most if not all of which have generally been well to excellently received games (the ones developed by Nintendo)...the pressure is on this one, especially if being developed through a partnership.

And I know the Wii U can't have the graphical output of PS4 and XBO but a Zelda game looking no better than last gen graphics doesn't speak well for Nintendo's current machine. As much as I like Link, this game will have to be amazing to pique interests into actually buying a Wii U.

I'll take gameplay over graphics any day.

Back