Hugh Jackman as Wolverine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How satisfied are you with Hugh Jackman's portrayal of Wolverine in the X-Men movies?

• 5 - Stars

Votes: 110 56.7%
  • 4 Stars

Votes: 57 29.4%
  • 3 Stars

Votes: 18 9.3%
  • 2 Stars

Votes: 5 2.6%
  • 1 Star

Votes: 4 2.1%

• Total voters
You know what I never got, in the comics and movies, technically if wolvie's claws pop when he flexes, and he's such a trained fighter, why doesn't he box like a boxer (hands loose), and when his punches are about to land ball a fist up and land a jab right through someone's skull with his claws? hell even a devastating hook to the body should end all fights pretty quickly.

Jackman is near perfect. Only when he's too old to play him should Wolverine be recasted.

I agree completely with this statement I think there's definetley at least another wolverine film after days of future past.

He nailed the role perfectly.

I get the height issue - its one the reasons he's named Wolverine after all- but the truth is in most films height is not normally perceived by the audience (partly because short people stand on boxes to get their head in frame for two shots), and even in the comics it is rarely commented on. I know many fans who were completely oblivious to the fact that Wolverine was supposed to be short.

As for muscles. few people are as well muscled as the guys in the comics. Comic figures are drawn in unrealistic proportions, and that's always going to make it hard to find the perfect actor to portray them.

Dude that's like when people saw the first pics of Chris Hemsworth as Thor. Thor was always a HUUUUGE guy in the comics and people thought Chris wasn't buff enough. I say he's pretty perfect. To stay on topic though, I just think that Hugh should try playing Logan a little scruffier and a tad more dickish like he kinda is in the comics.

Back