HT War Machine and Mark VI Battery Issue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmarch

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Hi Guys

Just wanted to show you some pics of some batteries that I had fortunately removed from both my Mark VI and War Machine when I originally got them. I was recently looking to sell my War Machine so I went to put in all the batteries to make sure everything was in working order. I put in all the small batteries first and everything was all good. Then I went to install the bigger batteries for the chest lamp and I found my batteries looking like this ...
battery.jpg

I had both sets of War Machine and Mark VI batteries stored in a little baggie inside one of my storage cabinets at room temperature so I have no clue why this even happened. It is weird that this only happened with the bigger batteries and not the littler ones. Also there was no residue in the bag like leakage and what not.

Just wanted to give you guys the heads up to definitely take your batteries out.

Seems like a chemical reaction. Might be the baggie it was in? It's weird because nobody has ever had that problem before as far as I know, so it'd seem it's something to do with either your climate, temperature or way of storing them, especially since it's all batteries, and not a one-of problem.

i heard theres some reaction when batteries are kept in contact in a bag or cover, causing it to explode, same thing could have happened here but not confirmed, and i recently removed my batteries too from iron man hot toys after leaving it there for about 6 months, and some of them had started changing colours or rusting,,the scotch tabs that are kept in place do prevent damage to the battery compartment but still not advisable to leave the battery in the compartment, the funny thing is i had one mark 4 opened to play with and there wasnt any prob with the batteries while the one MIB were all starting to rot/leak

popping button batteries... reported way back 1 year ago.... when WM first released... el-cheapo batteries HT uses.

5 Feb 2011:
burstbatt.jpg

Last edited:
Remove batteries from all your hot toys. You have to do it even if you are a MIB collector.

correct. I've had mine removed after I took pictures of both. just last night, I went to revisit the packaging where I kept my batteries as well, alas, they were already corroding and leaking. take note that all of them are stored in an airconditioned room

Hrmm... never took my DX02, MKIII BD, and MK VI batteries out before since purchase, and I checked after this thread. The batteries were fine. But I'll leave them out just in case I suppose.

battery leak will eat your plastic figure and its paint.

if MIBers/box collectors dont know this yet, it sux to be you... coz you need to open and remove them a long time ago. :lol

Same problem here too! I was a MISB collector, but that has now changed with all the problems with leakage etc.
My Terminators are stuffed as a result.

Back