HT original Predator- photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Baloo, you're doing a great job!
I just thought I'd do a quick paintover of one of your images, which hopefully might help you out further :p I hope you don't mind.
I'm not sure whether the tri-laser is positioned further away from his eye for the rerason of adding in the light-up feature or not, but I adjusted it anyway :p Hope it helps, even just a little bit :)
29wwbbl.jpg

:goodpost: Steemed-HAM

Last edited:
predarnold - Thanks for appreciating it! :p Thought I'd contribute something if I can!

Baloo - I must say, to take the detail of the mask that far, and in a short amount of time also COMPLETE the interior, that's INSANE my friend!! TRULY crazy.. You should REALLY use your modeling skills to apply for professional work! ;) I'm into 3D digital modeling and sculpting myself, but it's not too far removed from traditional sculpting, so I can really appreciate your work! Keep it up pal!! :D
P.S. ~ Do you have any idea what price you'll be asking for this BAD BOY when it's complete? ;)

Thats the interior of the HCG bio, he is going to try to replicate that.

:goodpost:You're absolutely right my friend... Try to replicate it is my goal! :yess:

predarnold - Thanks for appreciating it! :p Thought I'd contribute something if I can!

Baloo - I must say, to take the detail of the mask that far, and in a short amount of time also COMPLETE the interior, that's INSANE my friend!! TRULY crazy.. You should REALLY use your modeling skills to apply for professional work! ;) I'm into 3D digital modeling and sculpting myself, but it's not too far removed from traditional sculpting, so I can really appreciate your work! Keep it up pal!! :D
P.S. ~ Do you have any idea what price you'll be asking for this BAD BOY when it's complete? ;)

Haha, thank you very much my friend. These kind words touch me deeply. :1-1:
... You could offer me a job?
... Yeah, an unemployed more: I'm either too old (already), or too competent (creative director in advertising), or both! :rotfl
... The fact is: thank you the crisis!
... And as the vacancies are not legion in my branch, so I have a little time...
But enough about me: I have a mask to complete, what the hell!
Then I'll calculate what it cost me (prototype and production). I also need to know how many people would be interested, and then I'll be able to give a prize!
I think it'll be finished in about fifteen days. I'll keep you informed. :D

:goodpost:You're absolutely right my friend... Try to replicate it is my goal! :yess:

Haha, thank you very much my friend. These kind words touch me deeply. :1-1:
... You could offer me a job?
... Yeah, an unemployed more: I'm either too old (already), or too competent (creative director in advertising), or both! :rotfl
... The fact is: thank you the crisis!
... And as the vacancies are not legion in my branch, so I have a little time...
But enough about me: I have a mask to complete, what the hell!
Then I'll calculate what it cost me (prototype and production). I also need to know how many people would be interested, and then I'll be able to give a prize!
I think it'll be finished in about fifteen days. I'll keep you informed. :D

Well atlest you can still have fun doing this in your spare time, that's awesome :)

Sounds good friend, the Hot Toys mask is absolute GARBAGE in comparison to yours, it lets the whole figure down, and doesn't do it justice at ALL! :pfft:

Also I'd like to inform you that I am interested in one of your masterpieces!! :)

Wow interior and light up features. You're not even close to completing this bio. :lol
Looks like those of us interested will wait a looooong time before we're capable of getting our hands on it. Sorry to make you repeat all of that baloo...but what did you say again? J/K! :lol

By the way baloo, will you be attempting to replicate the paintjob on the HCG biomask? (Powder burns and all) ~ Because that would be sweet AS!!
It was expected... At least I will do my best :wink1:

Wow interior and light up features. You're not even close to completing this bio. :lol
Looks like those of us interested will wait a looooong time before we're capable of getting our hands on it. Sorry to make you repeat all of that baloo...but what did you say again? J/K! :lol
:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl
But no, no... You have to be optimistic... And a liiiiittle patient! :D

Hey baloo I'm interested in one.
Recorded... Thank you! :hi5:

Well, perhaps some will not like (the less patient :wink1:), but since the beginning there is something that keeps me awake: the crown and the dome are not perfect.
So in addition to reiterating the cheekbones, eye opening, and trim a little more the top of the nose, I'll make this ultimate modified.
And after, I promise: I stop and I attack finally inside! :D
Here are some current views with reference images to support:

picture.php
picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

Great attention to detail baloo :) I will be interested in getting one from you as well.

In your 3rd comparison picture of the nose which separates the eyes, I personally prefer the one you have already made, because somehow the eyes being separate and not joined somehow feels nicer for me :)

Back