How successful are Hot Toys waitlists?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TotalDominAsian

Super Freak
Reaction score
I'm new to both 1:6 and Sideshow collecting. I'd like to order a bunch of Hot Toys figured of Sideshow due to customer service and Points rewards. I'm just trying to figure out roughly what percent of waitlists orders get placed. Is it just a matter of time/waiting, or is it unlikely?

It really depends on how quickly you get on the wait list after the item is released. Also how popular the item is. For example the recent IM Mk IV SP sold out within a couple of hours, SSC website crashed I was able to get back on a few hours later and it was sold out and joined the Waitlist. I got him yesterday. I would say it's been about 75% effective for me personally.

So does Sideshow call up wholesale stores to see if they have any collecting dust that they can buy back? Or do stores ask Sideshow if they can return them? I'm just trying to figure out when Sideshow finally gives up and declares a waitlisted item as out of stock.

So does Sideshow call up wholesale stores to see if they have any collecting dust that they can buy back? Or do stores ask Sideshow if they can return them? I'm just trying to figure out when Sideshow finally gives up and declares a waitlisted item as out of stock.

Nope. Just what they have in the warehouse. They are REALLY slow at closing and canceling wait list items though. So if you are trying to get an older HT figure that is sold out everywhere else, you are SOL since its already long gone from them too. If the item hasn't been released yet, you have a much better chance.

the only waitlist that has converted for me was the mkIV secret project. I am came on later that day when it was released for preorder to find it already sold out. i got on the waitlist and received it last week.

Here's an order question. Say I want a particular figure, but there's both a Sideshow exclusive version and a normal version. And the Sideshow version is waitlisted, but the normal version can be pre-ordered. Can I order both and cancel the latter if the wait list comes through? Is that a recommended way to go?

I'd say if the figure has already tripled in value on the secondary market you have no chance putting your name on the wait list. :dunno

Back