How Many Star Wars 1/4 Scale Will Be Made?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darth Waller

Are you on the square?
Reaction score
There's been some rumors as to the Star Wars 1/4 scale line being limited to 25 figures overall? Is this true or is it just an internet rumor? The Star Wars universe is full of great characters and it would be extremely hard limiting them to just 25.

I believe the number 25 came from an interview with a Sideshow VP.

In that same interview he mentioned Bib Fortuna being made as well, as a low run exclusive.

Good question, I remember someone quoting that number from an interview but can't find the interview now. Maybe something to do with the fact that the license is apparently just a 3-year agreement. Even 25 would be a lot of figures to get out in 3 years. I definitely hope it will be extended and we see even more.

edit ----
sorry Gruson, must have been typing away when you posted.

I agree. I'm hoping there aren't any duplicates especially like the Luke Comic-Con Exclusive--same statue only w/a pancho, goggles, & binoculars in hand.

Does anyone know when the next figure is scheduled to be pre-ordered?

I think 25 seems like a pipe dream with a 3 year license and the current pace of releases.... I'll be glad if we even get that. That's a TON of characters, really. Where would we put them all? :google

elwood49 said:
I think 25 seems like a pipe dream with a 3 year license and the current pace of releases.... I'll be glad if we even get that. That's a TON of characters, really. Where would we put them all? :google

My thoughts exactly. You guys talk like you've just robbed banks and live in museums. :D :lightsabe

Well, 25 or not, I will be buying every OT character.

I hope Leia is announced soon.

Well, here is the Jedi Defender Interview, but there is no mention of how many total SS will do. Twenty five is alot though, but if the SW license is extended/renewed, no doubt I'll be buying them all.

"Highly probable figures after that: Boba Fett, Yoda/Dagobah Luke 2-pack, R2-D2/C-3PO 2-pack, Darth Maul, Qui-Gonn Jinn, X-Wing Luke"

SWEET!

Gruson said:
"Highly probable figures after that: Boba Fett, Yoda/Dagobah Luke 2-pack, R2-D2/C-3PO 2-pack, Darth Maul, Qui-Gonn Jinn, X-Wing Luke"

Two more Lukes being planned? :rolleyes: If any character needs multiple figures, it's Obi-Wan (old and young).

Don't get me wrong, I will buy EVERY SW 1/4 released, whether it be from the OT or the PT. The only problem for me will be space, which I am quickly running out of. I'll probably pick and choose my favorites once I have them in hand and sell the others. It's much easier to make that sort of decision once the line has ended and we know what's out there.

My LOTR display is fun to put together right now, because I know what every single piece released will be. It makes planning much easier.

I'd probably only get Vader, Grievous and Stormtrooper, Darth Maul and Boba Fett if they are announced. Maybe a FEW others.

I agree Richard. We need an EPIII Obi-Wan, when he was a Jedi in his prime, in 1/4 scale.

From what I understand, this interview is a bit misleading. Those figures are just tossed out there as examples of where the line could go, rather than a list of upcoming sure things.

I don't notmally care for Luke items, but I would much rather have had a Luke Jedi or Luke Bespin (Post Vader ASS Woopin') than the farm boy(s)!

The number '25' is a rumor, nothing more. And although the current deal is for three years, there's no reason to believe the line won't continue after 2007.

Keep working on those wish lists...

Sideshow Brant said:
The number '25' is a rumor, nothing more. And although the current deal is for three years, there's no reason to believe the line won't continue after 2007.

Keep working on those wish lists...

COOL! Keep bringing'em on! If I have to sell off my MR and Code 3 stuff to make room, I'll do it! :D

Back