How many Freaks felt the Oklahoma earthquake?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Being born and raised in CA it's always interesting to see how people react to quakes.

I feel the same when I hear of other states experiencing tornadoes that aren't used to them. At least I know when one of those is coming. Not the case with quakes and Oklahoma is a hot spot for them now.

Do the Japanese feel the same way about Californians?

Overall I would say yes. I mean after a big one you might be nervous about them but they have them constantly. There was a smaller on when I was there soon (weeks) after the last big one they had that caused the Tsunami and most people paused for a second then went about they day. If you have smaller ones as often as we do you get numb to them. That's I always joke nothing under a 5 even counts as those don't do really do much except maybe tip a few things over.

I feel the same when I hear of other states experiencing tornadoes that aren't used to them. At least I know when one of those is coming. Not the case with quakes and Oklahoma is a hot spot for them now.
I prefer quakes over tornadoes. I like the idea of knowing its coming but if a tornado hits my house there is going to be damage but if a quake hits my house even a larger one I fell like a have much better chance of having little to no damage.

Being born and raised in CA it's always interesting to see how people react to quakes.

Agreed. Here in Kansas people trip when there's a slight tremor which is understandable since many here have never experienced an actual earthquake.

Do the Japanese feel the same way about Californians?

Short answer; yes.

As a native Californian I'm more scared of earthquakes than tornadoes. Like you said with tornadoes at least you know when they're coming.

Felt a tremor about 5 years ago, in northern NJ. Weird experience but nothing to worry about in this area. Good thing Mr. Green doesn't live in central US.

How's the warning system there? Do you always know they're happening or even when a storm has a high potential for producing one?

We got sirens & the news but not much else. But I swear to god , the storm in June shook the bed, it almost bounced me out and there was a tornado about 10 minutes away that night

I never experienced thundersnow until I moved here, so I fully expect quakenados at some point. :lol

Overall I would say yes. I mean after a big one you might be nervous about them but they have them constantly. There was a smaller on when I was there soon (weeks) after the last big one they had that caused the Tsunami and most people paused for a second then went about they day. If you have smaller ones as often as we do you get numb to them. That's I always joke nothing under a 5 even counts as those don't do really do much except maybe tip a few things over.

I can't imagine that level of instability. Maine has them very rarely (tornadoes too) and they're a curiosity at best.

5.3 two miles west of Cushing about 15 minutes ago. Lots of damage to a friend's house in that town. Shook us pretty good and we're about 15 miles away from it.

We didn't feel much at our house this time, but other friends in Bartlesville felt it. Lots of friends and co-workers in Tulsa did, too.

I forgot about this thread too. That earthquake the other day was a big one for us. It felt like it went one for almost a minute. Luckily, we didn't have any damage.

Yea the one from the other night shook for a bit. Knocked over one of the figures I was fiddling with.

Back