How many came to SS for Star Wars and ended up addicted to SS?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First thing I ever ordered from Sideshow was the the Dark Crystal Jen and Kira (yes I still have them). Also I ordered the Young Frankenstein figures at the same time. I dont really remember what year that was I think it was 2002.

Last edited:
I have the Twilight Zone SS Figures (Wish the lines wasn't discontinued ) and a few others, but didn't starts really spending losts of $ until SW. I don't see myself buying anything else from SS. SW is enough.

I started with Spinal Tap and the original Franky. Kudos to everyone who started with Star Wars and have since discovered the other lines. It was through Sideshow that I began to appreciate the Universal Monsters. I know it's backwards, but the toys made me take notice of the films....

I came to SS for the Star Wars PFs. Bought all of them through Obi-Wan and then discovered that I didn't have the room to display them. I also started to go back and pick up the Twilight Zone line and a couple of other lines before I ran into real money trouble. Spent the next 6-12 months selling off my comic statue collection and all the SW PFs and the older SS lines. Set myself a budget after digging myself out of the credit card hole and decided to limit myself only to SW collectibles.

Then the 12" SW figures hit and I've got a complete exclusives collection. Then even though I made a rule to myself not to get any comic statues, I've been delving deeper into the SS Marvel PFs. True, I've only got 3 of them, but I've got another 4 on order and an additional 3 on waitlist.

So now I tell myself, well, I'll only limit myself to specific comic characters...:lol

Back