1/6 How long should we expect the Joe line to last

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't mind some of Sideshows takes on the characters but I don't like there poor QC problems. :mad:

yep! somehow the 10 folks here think just because they don't like Sideshow's Joe renditions, means the line is over.

No. Its Sideshow's snails pace with the 12" line, their apparent drop of everything thing else Joe (environments/premium formats/statue) and the DC line push leads me to believe Sideshow won't support Joe for the long term.

Just because I thought Destro stunk doesn't mean I don't like Sideshow's renditions and therefore assume the line is dead. Minus Crimson Commander and Destro, I think the line has been very solid. All you have to do is look at my Joe collection.

I've bought from Sideshow for well over 10 years, well over a hundred purchases and am familiar with Sideshow's past habits of slowing a line down and then dropping it. Doesn't mean it will happen 100% with Joe, I hope it won't, but its a familiar road we're on.

I dig a good theory.

Perhaps the GI Joes die off because Cobra Command has infiltrated Sideshow as we speak.

I'd believe it!

Like with most SS licenses that aren't Star Wars, not much longer.

I think interest in their Joe line has tapered off, especially after disappointing offerings with Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow variants, Disastro and Cobra Commander. I think these have all been desperately rushed in an attempt to keep collector interest and sales in the line alive. The lack of interesting Joes and a Cobra-centric focus and their insistent "modern interpretations" have alienated old-school fans who would have supported iconic representations of the classic RAH characters. I don't see the line flourishing much longer at all.

No. Its Sideshow's snails pace with the 12" line, their apparent drop of everything thing else Joe (environments/premium formats/statue) and the DC line push leads me to believe Sideshow won't support Joe for the long term.

Just because I thought Destro stunk doesn't mean I don't like Sideshow's renditions and therefore assume the line is dead. Minus Crimson Commander and Destro, I think the line has been very solid. All you have to do is look at my Joe collection.

I've bought from Sideshow for well over 10 years, well over a hundred purchases and am familiar with Sideshow's past habits of slowing a line down and then dropping it. Doesn't mean it will happen 100% with Joe, I hope it won't, but its a familiar road we're on.

Shhhh. Teemu thinks he represents the opinion of the masses who are flocking, like flies to ****, to every Joe release, causing the Ex's and regs to sell out so fast they're going to start doing PPOs again. :lecture:lecture:lecture

Shhhh. Teemu thinks he represents the opinion of the masses who are flocking, like flies to ****, to every Joe release, causing the Ex's and regs to sell out so fast they're going to start doing PPOs again. :lecture:lecture:lecture

and you seem to think everyone shares your opinion :cuckoo:

There are many folks that intend to buy Sideshow's Destro who are just not vocal about it..

I understand the dislike for Destro because he is not done 100% Classic,I get that,but the figure as itself is not a bad looking figure at all..

this line will be around at least another 5 years
at least the Hot Toys versions.

tumblr_lp2gf5IlgU1qbvn8yo1_250.gif

Thank you

Finally the voice of somoene without SSC underoos on

eh,I don't think so...poor comparison

Sideshow's Destro looks nothing alike the crappy movie Destro..

Not really. ROC's Destro was "just another take" on the character. They reimagined all the characters. Given you have zero issue with Destro, you should have zero issue with Hasbro's revisions for the movies.

Not really. ROC's Destro was "just another take" on the character. They reimagined all the characters. Given you have zero issue with Destro, you should have zero issue with Hasbro's revisions for the movies.

it's two different takes on Destro

Sideshow's version contains alot of classic elements

Silver Helmet- Check (and a second Helmet too)
Red Collar- Check
Classic blaster- Check
Wrist bracelets/rockets-Check
Briefcase- Check
Weapons Supplier-Check

Movie Version

Silver Helmet- Nope,a mask appeared due to stupid nanomites
Red Collar- Nope
Classic blaster- Neither
Wrist bracelets/rockets-None
Briefcase- barely carried around but a simple laptop-lame
Weapons Supplier- Not Really

So? You're arguing semantics. Both are "interpretations" of the character. :dunno :lol

And how the **** is he "not really" a weapons supplier in the movie? The entire plot of the first movie is based around MARS's nanomites. :lol

So? You're arguing semantics. Both are "interpretations" of the character. :dunno :lol

And how the **** is he "not really" a weapons supplier in the movie? The entire plot of the first movie is based around MARS's nanomites. :lol

exactly! that is how DUMB the movies are

I think you're pulling a stretch in comparing Sideshow's Destro with Hasbro's movie abomination Destro

Line stops tomorrow and Im fine with it as long as they release the figs they have in the pipe

Id rather see the line end, then release 1 or 2 measley figs per year with zero momentum or care for the line. Gone are the days when SSC seemed to give a ****

I am just sorry that there is such a small base of support that the few dissenters that there are do have a serious impact on the success of the line.

If the line does fail...I'm blaming Canada.

Back