How fast will Sith Ani sell out?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tomandshell said:
with the largest total number of figures yet released to the market, it sounds like Sith Eyes Anakin will be the easiest to get Star Wars exclusive yet!!! So be patient, have hope, and avoid eBay!!! :D

If the ES does go as high as 5000 that would make this almost a "regular exclusive" and maybe much easier to get, than say 1250 exc. Lukes...you maybe very right on this Tom..

I wouldn't discount some major changes in the Anakin figure for the SDCC DarthVader/Sith Anakin Exclusive. Sideshow treats SDCC as a MAJOR deal. Most (if not all) of the 12" SDCC exclusives they have offered in the past have been VERY unique. They have had all new heads and costumes (Werewolf Oz, Vampire Angel, Nazis Kroenen, Vampire Angel) not to mean the launching the Dead Line. And since there is really nowhere to go to change the clothes in a major way (except for some burnt edges and holes) and when assume theat we will be treated to a all new head of Anakin...er, Vader.

Since as we've seen in the Production Blog, Anakin's head comes in two pieces... at the very least they coud give him a different hair piece, one that is matted with sweat from dueling Obi-Wan.

As for the number of exclusives, I'm sure it's going to be in the 5000 range... with 20% (I believe) going to Non-Attendees.

Just my two cents. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

Yeah, I'm keeping the faith... just gonna be there for the pre-order... try my best and if I don't make it in time, I'll just put myself on the waitlist.

I probably won't find anyone that is not getting this one, so it will be hard to make a "deal", so to speak...

So I guess I'm just gonna roll the chance cube and hope I'm not rolling against Qui-Gon in odds.... :monkey2

IMO it will be limited between 1500-2500. In this case, i will say the non-attendee will sell out within 10 minutes and attendee will probably sell in 1-2 hours. :cool:

It's gonna be more than that by a lot. Both those going and not going will sell out in faster time than your guessing as well.

Is it harder to go to the show or not go? The majority on here seem to live on the west coast. Just curious.

jlcmsu said:
I saw that. I'm curious to know how the mod from RS already knows the ES of the Vader piece. Anyways who knows what that means really. Does that mean double what the others have been which would be 3500 or so. 5k? 7k? 10k?

I don't think this means he actually KNOWS the edition size (I would be mad if he did because *I* don't even know :lol). I think it just means someone from Sideshow told him that it would be larger than normal to put some of his (and others') fears to rest a bit :duff

if it wasnt at the END (exams/papers) of the semester i would go every year. but unfortunately im gonna be one of the crazy guys trying to get one from home.

DekeStarkiller said:
Is it harder to go to the show or not go? The majority on here seem to live on the west coast. Just curious.

Well, you just gotta be able to afford it more or less. I live in Missouri and this will be the second year I've gone. My flight is gonna cost about $250, my room is another $300, and the ticket to get in is another $50. So that's $600 plus whatever the exclusives costs and the money you take/spend.

SideshowDusty said:
I don't think this means he actually KNOWS the edition size (I would be mad if he did because *I* don't even know :lol). I think it just means someone from Sideshow told him that it would be larger than normal to put some of his (and others') fears to rest a bit :duff

That would be my guess as well and if I was you I'd be mad if he knew and I didn't. :duff

SideshowDusty said:

As long as you make the edition size large enough to get to me I will be happy... since I will probably have no chance to even get the order screen up in the 5 minutes they will sell out in.

I've had good luck in the past (Knock the Hell out of wood) with the preorders, getting my order in within 5-10 minutes on each one that was done at my home computer.... so... I'm hoping that I can have that kind of luck again. There will be less people to deal with, as some are going to be attending... so I would say my chances can't be too bad... at least I hope.

I just don't have the $750 it would take for me to just get to the convention, and that's not even accounting for food, admission or spending money. It's just not in the cards. I can barely afford groceries as it is....:horror

DarkArtist81 said:
I've had good luck in the past (Knock the Hell out of wood) with the preorders, getting my order in within 5-10 minutes on each one that was done at my home computer.... so... I'm hoping that I can have that kind of luck again. There will be less people to deal with, as some are going to be attending... so I would say my chances can't be too bad... at least I hope.

I just don't have the $750 it would take for me to just get to the convention, and that's not even accounting for food, admission or spending money. It's just not in the cards. I can barely afford groceries as it is....:horror

Just jump on the WaitList ASAP if you strike out and I'm sure you'll be okay. And don't believe a 5000 Edition Size for an SDCC Exclusive, it will be 3500 tops, we'll get a shot at maybe 350-500 as non-attendees/WL N-A.

Tom is correct, as usual, many collect-and-go orders will end up back at the warehouse and go to WaitListers.

Last edited:
now that we all know how many sith eyed anakin there will be (6000) , what is everyone's guess on how fast it will sell out?

I'm really pissed, the day the comic-con attendees goes on sale, I'll be in class and won't get out for after 2 hours after the sale. I hope there are still some left over.....

congerking said:
I'm really pissed, the day the comic-con attendees goes on sale, I'll be in class and won't get out for after 2 hours after the sale. I hope there are still some left over.....

Don't worry bro. There will be. Last year some of the figures didn't sell out until the next day. But those were the Hellboy and Buffy but since this is Star Wars, your chances are still pretty good, I hope.

DVD Connoisseur said:
I'm really confused about this special. In the UK, Forbidden Planet are advertising it (plus I've received dealer details!).

https://www.forbiddenplanet.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=30275

I found this kind of odd too. I mean theres only so many reserved for non attendee's so i dont really get how FP will have been 'promised' enough to advertise it on the scale they are.

Ive got in there with a pre-order, but it does say theyre not sure how many they'll recieve, so I guess a lot of people that preorder the exclusive from FP will be dissapointed. Im still gonna try to order it direct from SS though. If im successful I'll cancel the FP preorder so someone else can have a chance at getting it.

Back