How do you feel about Hot Toys doing second runs of Vader, Chewie, Han and Obi-Wan?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No way there will be any improvements, maybe just variation. Hell look at the quality of the ANH Luke figure components compared to the bespin. Look at the belt, boots, outfit etc. Several years between releases and we have gone backwards in some ways. Hot toys has altogether abandoned the more robust/generally higher quality/lower runs of the DX line in favor of what we get now(which sometimes is still pretty great). It's the Walmart-ization of the growing popularity of higher end sixth scale collectibles and it was bound to happen because there is money on the table.

I think the DX line failed in some ways.... obviously PERS ended up being a nightmare on many of those releases.

I think the DX line failed in some ways.... obviously PERS ended up being a nightmare on many of those releases.

Well PERS certainly wasn't my favorite aspect of the DX series. But I don't think it should be judged completely by that. I also have no idea how lucrative DX was for hot toys, but if nothing else I would say it attracted very positive attention to their products before they were as well known as they are now. If ebay prices are any kind of indicator of their popularity I would say the line was a smashing success.

Seems like R2 is getting a second run to, a local shop just put him up for P.O again, release in November.

If they improved Chewie I'd definitely be interested. If not I'll just wait until ESB version, or TFA version or Han Solo origins movie version. Didn't buy him the first time because of the way he looked, why should I change my mind how it he's the same ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well now I'm wondering why no US website including SS is offering these up for PO??? That seems odd in itself. I was sure SS would be the first here to advertise it....

Apparently the "reissue line" as its being called will be superior to the previous product in every way. HT is happy to solve many of the problems people had with the initial batch -- now called the "test batch" --

Wouldn't you hate to read an announcement like the above? :)

If they do another run on all these figures they will just teach me not to ever preorder their figures again.

Well now I'm wondering why no US website including SS is offering these up for PO??? That seems odd in itself. I was sure SS would be the first here to advertise it....

The Waitlist may be too substantial to advertise right now.

The first batch of Han Solo's was the one where he shot second, they are apparently making the new batch correct , this will be the version that shot first. :monkey3 :duh

I really hope sideshow is part of this re-release. Im not really interested in having to deal with new websites especially ones that I will have to pay a premium for shipping

Popculctha has Obi Wan Kenobi on pre-order for $168 Shipped to US using my pennies but it shows to ship in June

Subtotal $160.26
Shipping $22.39
Discount (750p = $20 off next purchase) -$14.00
TOTAL $168.65
Pennies Earned 100 Pennies
Pennies Spent 750 Pennies
Grand Total to be Charged $241.02

So looks like they got in a 2nd shipment. Who knows :rotfl

There goes theory that they will never make another chewie because of how "difficult" he was to manufacture. Not surprised by this at all.

How do you feel about Hot Toys doing second runs of Vader, Chewie, Han and Ob...

Yikes. I think that's their old price or something. Drops a lot (30%) when you add to cart. If you purchase at that price you might want to pay in full to lock in that price.

i need obiwan. anyone got a link

Here you go:

img_1190-e1299514069675.jpg

I know somebody in here earlier says they have ordered from popcultcha before, but has anybody else?

Their prices seem very reasonable, but the normal international concerns are there since I've never done it. So I'm a bit hesitant to pull the trigger.

$195.57 shipped for the Chewie pre order seems like a great deal if they actually will have some.

Back