How do you feel about Hot Toys doing second runs of Vader, Chewie, Han and Obi-Wan?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They'd be stupid not to re-release the Stormtroopers with all of the army builders out there it just means easy $$$ for Hot Toys.

Now Chewbacca, Han and Obi-wan are getting second runs. How do you feel about this? I don't buy so I can sell on so I'm not worried about the value dropping. I'm glad for those people who want them. But I am annoyed that the second run might have improved QC re: Vader's electronics and Chewie's fur colour. It just feels like I might be left with an inferior product because I bought them on the first release.

If they improve Vader's gloves and electronics I might get it too.

I'm OK with it with HT re-releasing - why not allow all collectors a chance to buy these figures.

I've been in the same boat before of missing out on figures, especially when I first started in the 1:6 hobby about 4-years ago. It took me a while to "catch up" on the secondary market. I was able to get most at reasonable prices but had to overpay on some. It would have been great if I had the opportunity to pay original MSRP had HT re-released some of the figures.

I guess I'd be more miffed on any potential improvements for a 2.0 but that's the nature of this business.

As a long as a company is transparent with their intentions, I'm fine.

I remember there was some controversy with how Star Ace released their Steve McQueen - Great Escape figure, and then announced a Deluxe version (w/ the German outfit) shortly after. People who preordered the original figure from Day 1 were pissed at the double-dipping. The hardcore fans would have held out for the Deluxe version had they known.

If they improve Vader's gloves and electronics I might get it too.

ditto. a great feature but poorly implemented.

not to mention it's difficult to insert Vader's saber arm in... I snapped his hand from the arm but was able to glue it back together.

The Chewie and Han Twopack is the prefered version .. and they r rereleasing the solo figures .. so its okay for me :)

Although I drove round like a madman to get the last Chewbacca and overpaid by about £40 I am fine with this news.
There are loads of people out there who are only just realising these figures exist and would like to buy them at retail not ebay markup prices. They are expensive enough without scalpers getting involved.

I'm glad that these ancient characters are still popular enough to get a 2nd run.

I'm certain no improvements will be made.

However, there may well be differences as HT may not be able to get all the same materials at the same price for every figure -- meaning that some materials (possibly fur, shirts, pleather) may be slightly different.

It's fine by me. I have them all and glad that more people can get them. I think Obi Wan will shelf warm after a second run.

I however will be pissed if they are improved, especially Vader and his electronics.

Bring on another run. The more SW that sells, the more that will be made. The more people that collect these, the more demand for more characters. I wouldn't mind a second Chewy at retail price either. I don't even personally care if they make improvements. If they improved them (the core characters) enough I'd buy them again to have the best version available even though it would kind of stink to have to do it. I think we all benefit by having this line be a huge success.

I bought Han and Chewy below retail and Obi Wan at retail so Im ok with it. If I had overpaid on the aftermarket I'd be a little irritated.

Good news- GREAT news for people who missed out on them and don't want to pay almost double for them on secondary market- SMART SMART move on HT's part- demand is overwhelming...this is really good news

I personally cannot forsee any major changes to the figures. If anything some of the clothing may be of a similar fabric. It's good news for all of those who weren't able to get them .

I see ZERO changes/updates- HT will just go back and do more of them- maybe boxes might be altered or maybe not...

Back