1/6 Hot Toys Wolf Predator 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also I am almost positive that hot toys forgot the back spikes on wolf. If you watch on YouTube (avpr wolf predator on set) ADI workshop video it shows his whole back and he has around 12 bone colored spikes on his back. The old hot toys wolf had them but we're not painted and the SH monsterarts wolf predator has them but again not painted anything but his skin color. This cool props photo shows what I'm talking about:
jolee baby name

So how do you guys all plan on posing him, at least to start out with? Bio-mask on or off? With the combistick, whip, plasma pistol, dissolving liquid, etc?

I'm personally going with the bio-mask on, and based on the room I have in my display, I'm thinking either just a neutral pose with the dual plasmacasters out, or a pose with him simply using the dissolving liquid.

Helmet always on.

Whoops. Looks like they got the pistol grip facing the wrong way. Way to go Hot Toys... way to go. Glad I still have my original Cleaner Kit version cos I don't think this would be easy to correct.

QVgsc5Rh.png

M3DUryP.jpg

But I'm so glad the plasmacasters can be pivoted outwards. I hate how in the promo shots they were posed almost vertically and too close to the head. This was one of my biggest pet peeves in the original HT Wolfs.

ycwd08Ll.jpg

Just finished watching AVPR again in the early morning when it’s still dark and no lights on in the house. Still dark in places but a better viewing experience. In the end the movie is what it is, it does move fast with quick editing to move the story forward. I never felt it lingered on a scene too long. Naturally the star is the Predator. You can tell the directors are fans as they push Predator weaponry further. Unfortunately for the Aliens, there’s nothing here to expand their lore and suffer from what “Aliens” have made these creatures “Shoot them up” pests!! PredAlien was also a let down in creature design. You shake your head when you see the concept art and the very cool designs they could have went with. BOTTOM LINE where the hell is the YouTube unboxing?
Let down

Never noticed that regarding the grip on the pistol handle being backwards, that's funny. Especially when there was a pretty detailed close-up shot of it at the end in the briefcase.

However, I wonder if it was intentional? Looking at this particular photo, it looks like having it face backwards might be an obstruction with regards to allowing the figure's hand to hold it comfortably. Even with the placement of the handle, it looks like it's still wedged up against his gauntlet if you angle his hand downward in order to get him to point the pistol straight out:

image.jpg

As was mentioned though, the CK version pistol was accurate and I presume was able to hold it with it pointed straight out, so perhaps they simply got it wrong. Though it's difficult to fathom how they got it wrong the second time when they got it right the first time; that demonstrates that they know, or at least knew, which way it's supposed to face.

If these are all in fact this way in production, Hot Toys should send everyone a replacement. The handle being the wrong way when there's tons of reference photos is a big mess up. Even Ray Charles can see how the handle should be.

Would have been nice if he zoomed in on the figure rather than keeping the camera on the other side of the room. Unfortunately that review didn’t help me much.

Looks really cool. As already mentioned, just wish that there were some closer shots so that way you could see the finer details. I'm glad though that the dio base allows for you to do a neutral pose and doesn't force you to have to do a Captain Morgan pose on the Xenomorph head, unlike the dio pyramid steps Grid head base that comes with Celtic.

^
Wolf and Walking Dead Wolf. AND he doesn't look as sleepy as on other photos.
i'll definitely buy at least the head with the helmet, if they are available. doubt i'll afford the full figure.

I noticed on the first YouTube video from China that the mask apppeared small. These images confirm this. Cleaners is huge and I like how the mouth area is pointy and jets out!! Captures the essence of Wolf. New one is subtle

HW Wolf looks to be an improvement in almost every aspect, most notably in body, sculpt, bio-mask and just overall detail. The CK bio-mask looks like the MMS90 figure where it protrudes out way too much at the mouth.

I wonder if the hand set from the CK would be compatible with HW Wolf, being that HW Wolf doesn't offer very many options for hands. Though it kind of looks like the paint wouldn't match.

Back