Hot Toys : The Crow ( Brandon Lee ) Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys The Crow petition

Mine is on the way. Yayness. :rock

Mine too!

I watched The Crow yesterday for the first time in ages, really looking forward to this now.

Ya bastads!!:monkey3

I was kinda hesitant on getting this but screw it it looks great... Also getting an Eric Draven tombstone made for my Display... It will be painted though...

1499579_10152086756987020_2046851706_n.jpg

Sweet!!!

Thanks! As I have posted many many times. This is my grail. This is probably going a bit far when I say this but it feels like I've been waiting the 19 or 20 years to get this. So many hasbro 90s 12 inch gijoes with crow face paint and duct tape on them.:lol I am tempted to do an unboxing video but do to my overwhelming shyness, I probably won't. I will take SO many pictures though.

Do it man! Get over that shyness and feed us a video review!:panic:

Is that from a UK retailer (Hulk)?

Yes. OSB had them coming in on a container ship that was stopping at every port between China and here. Last spotted at the port of Barcelona!

Thankfully WaiMan said he's not getting duped into filling containers again!

Yes. OSB had them coming in on a container ship that was stopping at every port between China and here. Last spotted at the port of Barcelona!

Thankfully WaiMan said he's not getting duped into filling containers again!

I see.

I never ordered the Hulk but that is sad to hear. At least he is on the way.

Oh hey, they changed the nameplate to "Eric Draven" too. Coolness.

Why is this "coolness?" It's a laughable misconception that the bird itself is "The Crow" because the Eric character is flat-out referred to as "The Crow" in the original comic. Hot Toys was right to put "The Crow" on the base just like they're right to not have "Bruce Wayne" and "Tony Stark" on their Batman and Iron Man figure bases but a few people WHO WEREN'T EVEN RIGHT complained and HT changed it to shut them up.

Ultimately it doesn't really matter but one of my biggest pet peeves is when people "correct" something with incorrect information.

Re: Hot Toys The Crow petition

Yea plus doesn't the base say the crow? I'd rather the plaque say Eric Draven

Why is this "coolness?" It's a laughable misconception that the bird itself is "The Crow" because the Eric character is flat-out referred to as "The Crow" in the original comic. Hot Toys was right to put "The Crow" on the base just like they're right to not have "Bruce Wayne" and "Tony Stark" on their Batman and Iron Man figure bases but a few people WHO WEREN'T EVEN RIGHT complained and HT changed it to shut them up.

Ultimately it doesn't really matter but one of my biggest pet peeves is when people "correct" something with incorrect information.

But this figure is based on the movie not the graphic novel. He's never called the crow in the film...

But it is in Return of the Jedi, so I'm not sure of the point here.

More importantly he was in other material from both before and after the film itself (including his debut appearance) so I don't really see how it's relevant that the name isn't technically used on-screen. That goes for Fett and The Crow both. And it's correct that there's no on-the-nose line of cheesy dialogue in the movie along the lines of "in death I am... THE CROW!" but that doesn't negate the fact that the creator of the character considers "The Crow" to be the name of the character itself.

The question isn't whether or not the movie confirms the naming convention, it's whether or not it contradicts it. Is there a line of dialogue IN the movie where he said " uh, no, actually the bird is THE CROW I'm just regular old Eric Draven." NO. So why have people been perpetuating that nonsense for nearly 20 years?

Who cares? The figure is awesome!

Anyone want a custom stand with either name contact Evilface and be done with the little girl arguments.

Celebrate the fact that in the era of never ending Batman, and Iron Man figures we actually got something fresh, and different. I know I am!

Who cares? The figure is awesome!

Anyone want a custom stand with either name contact Evilface and be done with the little girl arguments.

Celebrate the fact that in the era of never ending Batman, and Iron Man figures we actually got something fresh, and different. I know I am!

:exactly::clap:clap

More importantly he was in other material from both before and after the film itself (including his debut appearance) so I don't really see how it's relevant that the name isn't technically used on-screen. That goes for Fett and The Crow both. And it's correct that there's no on-the-nose line of cheesy dialogue in the movie along the lines of "in death I am... THE CROW!" but that doesn't negate the fact that the creator of the character considers "The Crow" to be the name of the character itself.

The question isn't whether or not the movie confirms the naming convention, it's whether or not it contradicts it. Is there a line of dialogue IN the movie where he said " uh, no, actually the bird is THE CROW I'm just regular old Eric Draven." NO. So why have people been perpetuating that nonsense for nearly 20 years?

Okay, this figure is based on THE FILM. And in THE FILM, the main character was always referred to as Eric Draven. If Hot Toys had produced a figure based on the graphic novel, he would then be called The Crow. But that's not the case. This is THE FILM version we're talking about.

THE FILM.

Back