Hot Toys : The Crow ( Brandon Lee ) Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm assuming the figure has been modelled on this scene from Gideons.

309hgqs.png

I personally prefer this kind of look though.

nq1iv.png

Tbh most of my figures remain in their boxes and if they do get display rotation time, then like yours they are posed once.. I don't play with them.

That was the first impression I got from you when said you preferred sculpted clothes. I thought you were more like a statue collector.

Its simply the physical properties of some the materials involved.. I think it was Eamon who mentioned in a recent podcast, that a figure he owned and checked recently, had a wetsuit that had disintegrated inside the packaging.. and there have been various other fairly high profile issues with some figures, covered in threads on this and other collecting forums.

Those types of issues with rotting or disintegrating have to do with chemistry of the compounds and not really clothes. It could happen to any type of figure even a sculpted figure that might have another piece of plastic sculpted onto it.

To be fair, sometimes these issues affect areas that are not clothes.. figure's limb connections can fail.. rubber bodies can 'rot'.. as can tires on vehicles.

Yeah true so why bring it up if your argument is about clothes. :huh

I'm just not sure how far 'realism' can be pushed with 1/6 scale figures, because of current production techniques and materials.. stitching can only be reduced to a certain size and that combined with for example, a (standard thread count cotton) shirt means getting a truly realistic drop and drape is going to be a struggle because of the 'bulk' of the materials involved.. shirt collars can look out of scale for similar reasons, too.

Wow sounds like you have put such a great deal of thought into this, it seems like you have a background in sewing then. You might be totally correct but I really think you should just not worry and let see what happens. I mean they still have mego dolls that are still perfect after 40 years!

For all these reasons I prefer a moulded figure.. after all, I am collecting what are essentially, toys.. and some people are going to refer to them as 'dolls' anyway.. so its just my personal preference over the 'look' of the figure, rather than terminology.. combined with an effort not to get figures that are going to have a fairly predictably short life cycle, simply because of their construction materials

Ok I understand your reasons then, but I prefer something that looks real even for a short time than something that is sculpted like the statue of liberty and last a long time.

Sideshow are putting a lot of SDCC exclusives and more up on their website now. I wonder when they'll add the Crow?

Sideshow are putting a lot of SDCC exclusives and more up on their website now. I wonder when they'll add the Crow?

i think it's a bad move to release 4 figures that are wanted by many all at once. thankfully only the SC ex requires a deposit.

:goodpost:

Ok so the idea is good but is not practically for 1/6 figures for mass production right? Gotcha! :wink1:

I just thought people hated the idea of rooted hair to begin with, regardless whether it is custom or mass produced.

You and I have discussed this before, but I think Adam nailed the hair in 1/6 more than anyone else. His combination of rooted and sculpted hair nailed the realism without causing it to be bushy or unruly like rooted hair can be.

I've also said time and again that Bobby's 1/6 efforts actually suffered thanks to the hair, in my eyes. Way too bushy and not fine enough. Fully rooted hair on a 1/6 figure is still something that hasn't been perfected. Now, MonkeyRobotMaster is REALLY close, but it's still not quite there. It's just too thick for the scale.

You and I have discussed this before, but I think Adam nailed the hair in 1/6 more than anyone else. His combination of rooted and sculpted hair nailed the realism without causing it to be bushy or unruly like rooted hair can be.

I've also said time and again that Bobby's 1/6 efforts actually suffered thanks to the hair, in my eyes. Way too bushy and not fine enough. Fully rooted hair on a 1/6 figure is still something that hasn't been perfected. Now, MonkeyRobotMaster is REALLY close, but it's still not quite there. It's just too thick for the scale.

That I would have to agree with and like I said I am before, I am neither for or against it if someone can pull it off and I think like you said Zack can come close, then I am all for it. As for Bobby C, I thought you were more against the caked on sloppy paint job and head sculpt, never knew you had a problem with the hair?

Yeah I am really surprised it isn't up yet, as soon as Hot Toys releases images for their products the next day Sideshow usually has it up for pre order.

I wonder why it is taking so long in this case?

:confused:

Oh? I thought it took a few weeks or a month for SS to put new figures up? Ha ha sorry never really used them before.

But I might just for this figure!

no rush for me to PO. no release on this for at least 6 months.(around my birthday if your reading this wifey ;)

true but the 2014 date means I can wait..even till xmas (nooo the dreaded word!!) and around the £170 mark,cant see it selling out straight away

true but the 2014 date means I can wait..even till xmas (nooo the dreaded word!!) and around the £170 mark,cant see it selling out straight away

I am just wondering whether SSC will ever get it in, since it might not be the type of figure they will get in as they usually get comic and action movie stuff from Hot Toys. Does SSC get everything in Hot Toys makes? Did they get in Sweeny Todd? Think I contact sideshow about this.

Last edited:
I am just wondering whether SSC will ever get it in, since it might not be the type of figure they will get in as they usually get comic and action movie stuff from Hot Toys. Does SSC get everything in Hot Toys makes? Did they get in Sweeny Todd? Think I contact sideshow about this.

They are the official distributor of HT. They will have it. Give it time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

They are the official distributor of HT. They will have it. Give it time.

Well that makes sense but the crow was shown on the 25th of July way before the new Iron mechanic figure, which is up on sideshow now for pre order.

Well that makes sense but the crow was shown on the 25th of July way before the new Iron mechanic figure, which is up on sideshow now for pre order.

I really think you're worrying about nothing. Evil Superman was shown before Iron Man Mechanic too and that's not up yet though the other two EX's are up. (Cap and Joe). They probably just split them up. I expect Crow and Evil Supes up later today or next week. Like I said give it time...

Back