Hot Toys : The Crow ( Brandon Lee ) Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow! Absolutely stunning work - to echo everyone else, yeah that's the figure I wish Hot Toys had made. The likeness really does shine in a way the stock figure doesn't quite manage. (Though I still love my rather subpar in comparison figure!)

Part of me wishes that Hot Toys had tried out rooted hair for this one, but the rest of me remembers that they've arguably only just about gotten the hang of it nowadays. Their older rooting patterns are... Odd. Not to mention the fact that Hot Toys still hasn't twigged that they probably need to use finer matte fibres like the brilliant choices you've made here. I somehow doubt the Hot Toys equivalent rooted hair would take to the bedraggled look nearly so well.

I don't wanna steal your spot light but been keen to post mine that has been haired. Slight repaint also helps. Really nice work I'm currently awaiting for mine to arrive back Really nice job though the boots are a nice touch also :panic: :lecture

14650551_1273189776034414_2915092264193090503_n.jpg

Thanks guys! Love the love shown here and it's nice to talk about this guy again. I love the repaint godfather. I always preferred the cleaner makeup but I do like especially the rain blurred black parts of that one.

I'm honestly really happy with him. I am thinking I'd like maybe to lethe crow to magnetically attach to his shoulder in some way.

Like you all echoed it was such a shame to get the figure we did. It was a grail figure and a rare break between iron mans and thors or whatever but it was really crappily done. A good head but the rest of the choices were just bad. The build and the hair were just awful

Here's a list of what I did

- Heightened Bruce Lee body with the neck removed
- Shirt trimmed and tightened to remove excess bulk
- Wires in coat removed for a natural drape
- String for the wedding ring replaced for a natural hang (actually maybe I should give him a real gold ring?)
- hair removed and rerooted. Maybe my second time doing this but very happy with the effort
- Nose scar painted on
- Boots replaced with Newline Miniatures. weathered and colored/finished to screen shots for accurate reference.
- teeth glossed for realism

excellent work on both headsculpts.brandon's likeness comes through even better (gives the head a better shape)and the rooted hair shows what a masterpiece this could have been:clap(HT take note).:mad:
I think the full figure makeover is brilliant and would love that in my collection.i would happily display both of the customs shown side by side.as a full makeup Eric,and a rain washed one.to me Brandon is and will always be Eric Draven the passion he put into that role is very underrated IMO.
I was very happy with the stock figure,but now i'm very envious after seeing this:(..congrats guys on owning 2 great upgrades.:yess:

Incredible customizations guys! :clap Really brings this figure to life....now I may need to finally get him and then get him haired.

Re: Hot Toys The Crow petition

Excellent rooted hair....a tutorial is requested...

You can nab this guy for 120 on the eBay if your patient...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys! Most appreciated!

I'd give a tutorial if I knew how I did it... as with most creative things I do I don't have a technique per se, I have an eye and a will to get things done...and I just sort of feel if out and get things done. This really wasn't easy let me tell you... I don't think I'd be interested in doing this again if someone offered me 1000 dollars! But I'm very happy to have him the way I always wanted him and glad you guys appreciate it.

Based on these pics just went ahead and ordered the figure. Got him for $168 shipped which is a pretty good deal i think.

I saw a few posts about it and wanted to ask. Did anyone who got one with the loose left elbow successful get the shirt off to tighten it up? Like, is the sleeve glued into his forearm sleeve?

Back