Hot Toys : The Crow ( Brandon Lee ) Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys The Crow petition

off to work.a quick pic of head minus peg,just with some blutac.

Sorry Chris that head looks enormous, must be closer to 1/5th scale than 1/6th. I think these pictures prove that it isn't the long neck that makes figure look like it has a bobble head but the head is just too big for the body, since u reduced the size of the neck. So glad the figure looks fine with the coat, can't wait for him to show up here so I can see it in hand. :yess:

I removed the wire from the back of the coat and the arms. I'm already happy with the results. I might go back and remove the wire from bottom too. It's a bit more tedious.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Wow didn't know the coat was wired in so many sections. So is it just the arms, bottom and back of the coat? Also is it necessary to remove all the wire from the coat or just certain sections to achieve that perfect look?

Last edited:
Re: Hot Toys The Crow petition

Very pleased I made my own custom after seeing this.

IMAG0243.jpg

IMAG0241.jpg

Arsyn's head and a TTM19 body look way better I think

:clap

Excellent work, congratulations.

WIP:
New body. Cut neck off of head sculpt and used sculpted neck and chest. No more weird bumpy shoulders without coat. Made him taller also.

:slap :rock :thud:

Now that is a body that would make someone displays him proudly without the coat. Amazing work friend, could you please keep us posted when this thing is finalized what type of body you used and how you got the whole project accomplished, I wouldn't mess with his hair cause I don't know how to do these things but I'd definitely would love to get him a better body than this wacky piece of ***** HT gave us. Thanks again.

Now that is a body that would make someone displays him proudly without the coat. Amazing work friend, could you please keep us posted when this thing is finalized what type of body you used and how you got the whole project accomplished, I wouldn't mess with his hair cause I don't know how to do these things but I'd definitely would love to get him a better body than this wacky piece of ***** HT gave us. Thanks again.
that is the bruce lee dx body and honestly it doesn't have the brandon's physique..

I think the Bruce Lee body is a pretty decent match, actually. It's more cut than the TT19, but without being too bulky.

Unboxing+Hot+Toys+DX04+-+ETD+Bruce+Lee+%252B+Extra+Body+34.JPG

This is a statue, but check out EB's Game of Death from their Real Masterpiece line:

IMG_0849a.JPG

The way those muscles look is a near-perfect match for this:

e72aln3wquxhnlw7.jpg

Random-ish question. I can never find it so I figured I'd take a stab here.

On the original VHS release of The Crow, there was a teaser for The Crow: City of Angels. It was fairly short, with just a voiceover from Sarah that was pretty much the same, "when someone dies . . . " dialog, but at the end she tagged on "I thought that Eric was the last. I never dreamed there would be another." They then showed a shot of a blank tombstone and the name Michael Corvin appeared on it, then "The Crow: City of Angels" over a black screen.

I haven't been able to find it on YouTube or anywhere. It's not on any other DVD/Blu-ray releases I've seen. Anybody seen it anywhere?

Edit: It figures . . . I modified my search and I found this new-ish video on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dO_r4zbyr2g

Anybody know of a high quality version anywhere? I've been looking for this for years.

Brandon had a big head...honest.

It still doesn't look as big as the one on the Hot Toys figure IMO.

At least his hair was poofier and his body buffer. Also his neck wasn't nearly as long as it is on the figure.

Yeah but even without the neck the head looks huge. I think the reason this figure looks better with the coat on is because it makes the shoulders even wider making the head appear narrower and thus, not so large. :dunno

Last edited:
I think the Bruce Lee body is a pretty decent match, actually. It's more cut than the TT19, but without being too bulky.

That's what I used, but it's way too short, so you have to do some major survey to mix and match the legs and arms. Also the sculpted neck means you have to cut off the neck on the Crow head. Looks great when done though..

Thanks! I will get around to finishing him soon.. :duff

Brandon had a big head...honest.

Yup! He did he had a very large head and quite a strange body shape.

That's what I used, but it's way too short, so you have to do some major survey to mix and match the legs and arms. Also the sculpted neck means you have to cut off the neck on the Crow head. Looks great when done though..

I'm cool with having to cut off the neck. Is there a way to take the legs from the original body and put them on the BL? Or maybe just the shins?

If it's just an issue of him being a little short, I'm cool with it as long as it still looks proportionate. Can't be worse than it is now. :lol

I'm cool with having to cut off the neck. Is there a way to take the legs from the original body and put them on the BL? Or maybe just the shins?

If it's just an issue of him being a little short, I'm cool with it as long as it still looks proportionate. Can't be worse than it is now. :lol

That's exactly what I did. Bruce lee torso, Crow legs. Unfortunately it looks bizarrely short just on the stock BL body. It was a quite tricky switch over but very doable.

Brandon Lee isn't suppose to be that tall. He was only 6 foot tall.

The HT Bruce Lee body is very small and not in scale.
More like 5.7 in scale. So it needs extending for this figure.

was it easy to switch over the forearms from the Crow to BL?

If you want to use the sculpted Crow forearms, you need to break them off the body and hollow them out slightly. Then cut the BL body just below the elbows and fit them on. It wasn't that hard, but it's still major surgery! :lol

The HT Bruce Lee body is very small and not in scale.
More like 5.7 in scale. So it needs extending for this figure.

If you want to use the sculpted Crow forearms, you need to break them off the body and hollow them out slightly. Then cut the BL body just below the elbows and fit them on. It wasn't that hard, but it's still major surgery! :lol

WOW, sounds kinda risky and you have to cut off the neck, hmmmmmm....

Back