Hot Toys T-800 Endoskeleton Regular or Battle Damaged ?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vaako

Super Freak
Reaction score
hi everybody

a friend of mine wants to trade a Hot Toys T-800 against my Hot Toys Iron Man Gunmetal Exclusive , but he has the regular version and the battle damaged version

so i've got two questions for you

1) is this trade a good deal for me and

2) which should i choose , the regular or the battle damaged version ?

1. Good deal

2. Battle Damaged is better imo. The black wash over the paint gives him more detail and is more forgiving of the plain silver paint they used on the figure. If the regular was chome, however, that'd be a different story. He also comes with a cool skull base.

It is a good deal, and I personally like the BD version better. Similar to the previous two posters, I think the paint looks better and more realistic. Plus, he looks a little more distinctive and interesting and the base is very awesome. However, if you like the vanilla, "clean" versions of characters, then you should go with the regular edition, obviously.

That's another reason to get the Battle Damaged version as well. If Hot Toys does decide to release a new endo, it will almost definitely be a chromed, clean endo due to fan demand. That way you can have an awesome BD version and a much better clean version than the one out now for a cheaper price.

do the trade, and get BD. base is deciding factor. BD version is also a more limited version, at least in the usa.

if i were you, i would look at each and pick the one that speaks to you (not literally, as i would definitely not choose the one that actually spoke to me. :yuck )

BD has a better base of course, but the actual "battle damage" paint on the figure is quite substandard... blotches of black paint

BD's base for sure, plus the paint apps give it more scale, while the clean version isn't shiny enough to properly portray a clean Endo, and that just makes it look like a toy (a very nice toy) of a Terminator.

Back