1/6 Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Mandalorian - Kuiil

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another week down and nothing too much to show. Other than a mustard trooper.

I think there will be more to be shown at SDCC (virtual). That was always Hot Toys biggest event.

For SDCC, they don't always do a con-exclusive for Star Wars right? There's always at least one for Marvel it seems.

Las year, i believe we only got 4 Marvel Exclusives. No Star Wars Ex that i can remember.

For SDCC, they don't always do a con-exclusive for Star Wars right? There's always at least one for Marvel it seems.

Only one recent I can remember was the early release of the Sith Trooper, but it was the same exact figure that came out later on.

May 2027 - Hoody: I really hope we see Kuiil this week...

Thank you for joining us for another edition of: Echoes Through Time

Do you honestly think they aren't going to make the ugnaught after producing a damn Blurrg and making a Kuiil prototype? I mean it's Hot Toys so it's possible but I still think it's very likely they release him. Honestly Kuiil seems more likely than Bespin Han at this point, which is kinda crazy to say.

Do you honestly think they aren't going to make the ugnaught after producing a damn Blurrg and making a Kuiil prototype? I mean it's Hot Toys so it's possible but I still think it's very likely they release him. Honestly Kuiil seems more likely than Bespin Han at this point, which is kinda crazy to say.

The whole Max Rebo Band is more likely than Bespin Han at this point.

:lol

I could list so many protos that never saw the light of day it would be ridiculous.

Kuill has the distinction of being an alien AND having a short body type, both of which HT has not done very often. He also doesn't have the following in the broader world that he does on this board. Someone posted that Kuill wasn't getting much love on Facebook back when he was revealed. It is very possible that HT teased him to see the response... and its very possible the response just wasn't strong enough based on how they interpret response. And I doubt the Blurrg sold very well at all.

My opinion is that Kuill will go the way of so many others that have been teased and toured for years at shows and still never made the cut to get made. That's just my opinion. It could very well be the next Krennic. I just doubt it. Krennic got made because of easy reuse. Kuill... alien, complicated outfit on a little body. Too much work, too little pay-off.

I would be very happy to be wrong. Believe me.

Last edited:

I could list so many protos that never saw the light of day it would be ridiculous.

Kuill has the distinction of being an alien AND having a short body type, both of which HT has not done very often. He also doesn't have the following in the broader world that he does on this board. Someone posted that Kuill wasn't getting much love on Facebook back when he was revealed. It is very possible that HT teased him to see the response... and its very possible the response just wasn't strong enough based on how they interpret response. And I doubt the Blurrg sold very well at all.

My opinion is that Kuill will go the way of so many others that have been teased and toured for years at shows and still never made the cut to get made. That's just my opinion. It could very well be the next Krennic. I just doubt it. Krennic got made because of easy reuse. Kuill... alien, complicated outfit on a little body. Too much work, too little pay-off.

I hope you're wrong, but the logic (based on history) is too sound. I can't imagine that Blurrg sold well at all and many will be waiting on Kuiil to go up for pre-order before pulling that trigger. I am always amazed at companies that don't see the collector logic in waiting for the second half of a logical pair. Qmx did it with the Winchester brothers (among other things). It will be very disappointing if this doesn't get made as the proto is a home run, IMO...

Yeah, HT (like many companies) has made some really short-sighted calls... but I suppose its better to be safe than sorry in business. They are still spitting out the bad taste from the lackluster ST sales. I'm sure their caution has everything to do with that experience.

The Armorer is more in keeping with HT's logic: Its another Fett.

Too bad Favreau didn't give Kuill a Mando helmet.

To me the difference between Kuiil and all the other protos that never got made is the Blurrg. Hot Toys never makes creatures like this, I think it's a first. And this particular creature they just decided to make is intrinsically linked to Kuiil. It would be bizarre even for Hot Toys to make a Blurrg and not the character primarily associated with them.

Kuiil is also prominently linked to IG-11 and Scouts on speeder bike releases as well. But yeah, no guarantees with HT until the preorder is up.

He's like the last piece now that they've made the Blurrg. The stupid thing is if you don't put him up for order soon enough to when you put the Blurrg up for order, it'll mess up orders for the Blurrg. I know we're never getting Cara Dune or Greef, but having Kuiil would really put a button on the first season. I still expect The Armorer, but I'm going to be forever bummed if we don't get him after the reveal and having the goddamn Blurrg.

I'm usually a pessimist/realist, but I think Kuiil will happen. Hot Toys makes baffling decisions all the time, especially with the Star Wars line, but this will sell.

I'm surprised they didn't do a two pack with the Durasteel Mandalorian to increase potential sales. Maybe a two pack with IG-11 once IG-11 is sold out, complete with serving tray and tea cups.

Hot Toys tries to do what's easiest at times, but oddly proportioned non-human characters like Avatar Jake, Yoda, Rocket, and Jawa shows they're willing to put the R&D work in for some cases.

I'm not ready to count this one out just yet.

To me the difference between Kuiil and all the other protos that never got made is the Blurrg. Hot Toys never makes creatures like this, I think it's a first. And this particular creature they just decided to make is intrinsically linked to Kuiil. It would be bizarre even for Hot Toys to make a Blurrg and not the character primarily associated with them.

Yeah, it would be like making Hoth Leia and no Bespin Han... oh wait. Or Baze and no Chirrut (mentioned above). Or R2 and no 3PO. :(

Not sure how many things HT made that pair perfectly yet do not get made. Granted the Blurrg is unique, but it does go with Mando too as sold.

Again, I'm on your side about wanting Kuill to get made -- even though I won't buy him. See, that's the problem.

Back