Hot Toys Star Wars Stormtrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yesterday, I found a Stormtrooper on eBay for $277 shipped. It sounded too good to be true, but I went ahead and bought it anyway because eBay has a money-back guarantee. Does you guys think this is a scam? Or is this price still common for the Stormtrooper?

Let us know how it went:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quick question. Just got the tall STORMTROOPER. Everything looks perfect. Is the helmet only attached with a short peg with foam wrapped around it? I haven't seen Hottoys like this unless there is a second sculpt like Luke in Disguise. Also can't see the green tint in the eyes as well as like the SpaceTrooper. The green tint is there because if I shine a light on the inside the lenses are green. Just want to make sure I got the right helmet. Thanks!!!

I just received my Stormtrooper. Is there supposed to be some bits of wear on the breast plate? I can't tell if this is intentional or not.

I just received my Stormtrooper. Is there supposed to be some bits of wear on the breast plate? I can't tell if this is intentional or not.

In short, no there should not be wear on the breast plate...probably why the reduced price. However it will add some realism to the figure on the plus side.:wink1:

In short, no there should not be wear on the breast plate...probably why the reduced price. However it will add some realism to the figure on the plus side.:wink1:

I didn't pay a reduced price. It was about $277 from a Hong Kong seller on eBay. I'm not sure how I feel about this. It's not bad enough to be noticeable from a distance. But it still sort of bugs me. There is someone selling just the armor on eBay. I could just buy replacement armor...

I didn't pay a reduced price. It was about $277 from a Hong Kong seller on eBay. I'm not sure how I feel about this. It's not bad enough to be noticeable from a distance. But it still sort of bugs me. There is someone selling just the armor on eBay. I could just buy replacement armor...

Do you have a photo? Maybe it could be buffed out with toothpaste or polished somehow?

Here's a photo of the damage:

8911f59686f8e4e1ff0f4305a7b74541.jpg

Here's a photo of the damage:

8911f59686f8e4e1ff0f4305a7b74541.jpg

That looks pretty bad. Looks like he got tossed around and played with a lot. Sometimes new figures from Sideshow
do come defective.....from my experience.

BTW I wonder if that chest piece can even be from Sideshow Stormtrooper if you bought it used.

That looks pretty bad. Looks like he got tossed around and played with a lot. Sometimes new figures from Sideshow

BTW I wonder if that chest piece can even be from Sideshow Stormtrooper if you bought it used.

I didn't buy it used. The listing said it was brand new. I have a money-back guarantee from eBay. I've already contacted the seller. I'll give him a day to respond. If I don't hear back, I'll open a case with eBay.

" Hen88" I didn't mean reduced price from retail ...reduced price from the current average asking prices. But yes what are the chances he was asking less than the average and did not know of the issue.

That's not an SSC chest piece. It also doesn't look like wear and tear. Looks like a factory defect on the finish. The figure is almost certainly brand new, just not a great production sample.

I didn't buy it used. The listing said it was brand new. I have a money-back guarantee from eBay. I've already contacted the seller. I'll give him a day to respond. If I don't hear back, I'll open a case with eBay.

Was it sealed? If so that may be an uphill climb getting your money back. Also the eBay guarantee will only get your purchase price back. You are looking at $50 with insurance and signature to send that back which is NOT covered by eBay. You can return it, but that is your own dime. You are better off going and buying a new chest pice for the money you'll spend returning the item. Just an FYI.

Was it sealed? If so that may be an uphill climb getting your money back. Also the eBay guarantee will only get your purchase price back. You are looking at $50 with insurance and signature to send that back which is NOT covered by eBay. You can return it, but that is your own dime. You are better off going and buying a new chest pice for the money you'll spend returning the item. Just an FYI.

Yeah you have to buy tracking, if ebay can't track they'll close the case in the sellers favor and international tracking is expensive. I too would just buy a new chest piece.

Even on a defective item?

You could always ask the seller for a partial refund that covers the cost of a new chest piece.

Back