Hot Toys Star Wars Stormtrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would rather have a more aesthetically pleasing version of something rather than a nostalgia inducing version.

Would rather have a more aesthetically pleasing version of something rather than a nostalgia inducing version.

Sure, I'm not criticising you in any way, we all see things differently (thank God!). But designs with rough edges can be aesthetically pleasing too because of their imperfections, which match the wy things look in the real world - and was part of ANH's design aesthetic. For example I prefer the first versions of Vader and Fett to their second versions, somehow they're more 'real' and pleasing to my eye even though the second versions of each are glossier and more streamlined.

I might even just keep my ANH version and get the RO too. I'm selling all of my First Order troopers anyway.

That's a great decision. I cannot imagine a collector ever selling off his TFA troopers and then regretting it down the line.

We've got at least 2 more movies worth of those new troopers so I don't see them becoming a rarity any time soon.

The RO Stormtroopers look so dumpy with that clunky awkward armor and stumpy legs, not to mention the soft, rounded look to the eyes and helmet. They look like cosplayers. I don't know how anyone could prefer them, but to each their own as they say.

I might even just keep my ANH version and get the RO too. I'm selling all of my First Order troopers anyway.

Well, good luck with that. I can't imagine more overstocked figures than anything from TFA. I'm selling my Squad Leader for a couple of months by now without a luck. And i don't want to donate him for free which appears as only option to get rid of him :D

I noticed the First order troopers are cheaper than the ANH one. Is it because they are still widely available?

My Stormie showed up today.

099c90eadaec27c064e61e0e4977f352.jpg

85131f314c856dad3c8815cb42751be2.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

The classic Original Trilogy Stormtroopers and their variations (Sandies, Spacetrooper) will always be more iconic, and thus more sought after in the long time, compared to any other troopers, including PT clones, TFA Stormies or R1 Stormies.

Decided to sell my ANH Stormie and buy a RO version instead.

Regret this, you shall.

yodaupset-copy.jpg

The classic Original Trilogy Stormtroopers and their variations (Sandies, Spacetrooper) will always be more iconic, and thus more sought after in the long time, compared to any other troopers, including PT clones, TFA Stormies or R1 Stormies.

Yeah, that is the truth.

Indeed, I'd wager that this new yearly release schedule by Disney will induce collector burnout within 3 years. The afterglow of The Force Awakens has dulled throughout the course of 2016, with the vintage flavour of Rogue One hastening its demise. We might see the same effect upon Rogue One when Episode VIII debuts, and so on and so forth until collectors suffer from outright fatigue. The saga/stand alone ping-pong every year is going to undercut each previous iteration, and (new) Star Wars will no longer be special. In that environment, the charm and appeal of the original trilogy will only grow.

Well, good luck with that. I can't imagine more overstocked figures than anything from TFA. I'm selling my Squad Leader for a couple of months by now without a luck. And i don't want to donate him for free which appears as only option to get rid of him :D

Have you estimated what you might get for him if you parted him out, based on completed auctions?

Back