Hot Toys Star Wars Stormtrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Passing on these for the inevitable Han and Luke. (looks so good though)

I collect mostly statues and sold all my Hot Toys a few years ago but these have just dragged me back into the 1/6 Star Wars line :)

I was a little concerned in initial pics that the height difference between the tall and short one would be too much; in reality, its hard to tell - very subtle. Took the 'stormtrooper's sign off mine, and flipped the bases around. Really dig the weapons given, esp the little pistol that was a SSC ex previously. And getting two in the set was just icing....of course for $400 a set, the accessories should be decent

The Hot Toys 1:6 Stormtrooper arrived. A very cool figure no matter its design and accuracy flaws.

Though I had my own problems with my figure: belt was half unglued, the magnets on the leather holster were both unglued and jumping in the box. I glued everything back much better than how it originally was. One cap of the thermal detonator fell off too, so I glued it and reglued the other one too just to be sure.

The HT thermal detonator metal clips are crap - SSC ones are solid steel, much better, the HT clips barely hold on the back of the belt. The SSC E-11 blaster is still unbeaten till today, this is copied after it, but needs improvement, and not in making holes in the barrel. The ankle joints are sometimes visible. All this was not too encouraging to be honest. The figure is great, but QC is just like the thermal detonator clips.

Hot Toys Stormtrooper 15.jpg

I also forgot I had to glue the drop boxes in a better way, not just half through as the fabric part was glued on them.

I also forgot I had to glue the drop boxes in a better way, not just half through as the fabric part was glued on them.

Man you had some issues with him. Sorry to hear, opening mine tonight.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Hot Toys 1:6 Stormtrooper arrived. A very cool figure no matter its design and accuracy flaws.

Though I had my own problems with my figure: belt was half unglued, the magnets on the leather holster were both unglued and jumping in the box. I glued everything back much better than how it originally was. One cap of the thermal detonator fell off too, so I glued it and reglued the other one too just to be sure.

The HT thermal detonator metal clips are crap - SSC ones are solid steel, much better, the HT clips barely hold on the back of the belt. The SSC E-11 blaster is still unbeaten till today, this is copied after it, but needs improvement, and not in making holes in the barrel. The ankle joints are sometimes visible. All this was not too encouraging to be honest. The figure is great, but QC is just like the thermal detonator clips.

View attachment 182202

Would you mind doing a side by side with the blasters? I'm curious what the inaccuracies and differences are...I no longer have my sideshow ig88 which had the same blaster....

What are your thoughts on accuracy? HT vs SSC vs Marmit (and I guess Medi)

Back