1/6 Hot Toys Star Wars Return of the Jedi Stormtrooper Sixth Scale

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup, when I found Sideshow was doing it: nope. Also, Sideshow charges more than Hot Toys these days so yeah.

I'm not crazy about all the little Trooper details. What's really the difference between this version and say the one from A New Hope?

I'm not crazy about all the little Trooper details. What's really the difference between this version and say the one from A New Hope?

Well for one, the mold for the helmets had collapsed by ROTJ, so the ROTJ stormtrooper has a really wonky face.

From the image it looks like there no difference in the helmet for this figure. Which is a good thing imo. Produce then how they intended to look.. not what was left over.
Now what I can't figure out is why HT doesn't make any classic storm troopers in abundance???! Smh.

I'm looking forward to the ROTJ Stormtrooper. I wouldn't mind a deluxe Battlefront version with extra blasters, accessories, and a pauldron.

Besides the shape of the helmet (that really can't be judged with this angle and distortion) you can clearly see at least: black mouth instead of grey, full white boots (no black sole), round shaped hand guards, holster on the right side of the belt.

Besides the shape of the helmet (that really can't be judged with this angle and distortion) you can clearly see at least: black mouth instead of grey, full white boots (no black sole), round shaped hand guards, holster on the right side of the belt.

ESB stormies also have black mouths and holsters on the right.

It's really cool how HT is making the right E-11 blaster for these guys too. In ROTJ they didn't use the regular MK4 Sterling based blasters, but ILM made thern out of the MGC (Model Gun Corporation Japan Co.) Sterlings, which in turn were based on Canadian C1 Sterlings. So the ANH/ESB blasters look quite different from ROTJ Hero ones.

ROTJ E-11 blaster.jpg

ANH E-11 blaster.jpg

For some reason this helmet looks great to me. Must have been the style that stuck in my head as a kid and throughout my life.

Lucasfilm used it extensively in their promos, in the SE edition and in video games. So we see it a lot.

Back