Hot Toys SOLO Mudtrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol. Wish they would have done a "Corellia Han" with the black eye (kinda like the BF2 skin). I think I actually like that look more than the brown jacket later in the movie

I have this and the Patrol Trooper on order. Looking forward to them, love the designs.

As others have said, I have a feeling this will end up being like the Shoretrooper.

Me too. Great looking figures. I’m still holding out some hope for the Mimban Stormtrooper.

Lol. Wish they would have done a "Corellia Han" with the black eye (kinda like the BF2 skin). I think I actually like that look more than the brown jacket later in the movie

Ya, it's a lot more of a smuggler look and interesting than the brown.

There’s also a chance they could release all these figures we’ve seen protos for - OT, RO, and Solo, also unseen ones - in the duration of no trilogies in the theatres.

I'm not getting any other Solo stuff so I'm not sure how I'll display this. Right now all I got is with TFA Han, with Rogue One stuff, or stand alone. Any other ideas?

From a purely cosmetic standpoint I think it would look fantastic next to the Jyn deluxe. That is what I am leaning toward. Not my photo below.
538db01254dbcb5fa586f9043731b6b6.jpg

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

I'm not getting any other Solo stuff so I'm not sure how I'll display this. Right now all I got is with TFA Han, with Rogue One stuff, or stand alone. Any other ideas?

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

Would look good posed next to the Shoretrooper, and maybe the Death Trooper.

I haven't ordered this one... but it's on my list of wants. It just doesn't seem like the HT Star Wars figures are retaining their value and with how lukewarm the reception was for this film (which seems unfair) I feel like this will be one I can at least get for a decent discount if I just wait a bit.

Before I sold off my Han and Luke in Stormtrooper disguise I had intended have have a "in disguise shelf" with K-2SO, Jynn in the Imperial outfit, Han and Luke in Stormtrooper disguise and the Mudtrooper Han. But now I'll just have him, Jynn and K-2SO represent the pre-ANH era.

Before I sold off my Han and Luke in Stormtrooper disguise I had intended have have a "in disguise shelf" with K-2SO, Jynn in the Imperial outfit, Han and Luke in Stormtrooper disguise and the Mudtrooper Han. But now I'll just have him, Jynn and K-2SO represent the pre-ANH era.

Pretty cool idea! I have all those disguised figures.

From a purely cosmetic standpoint I think it would look fantastic next to the Jyn deluxe. That is what I am leaning toward. Not my photo below.

Of all the Solo designs, I think the Mudtrooper fits in best with Rogue One designs. It does seem like some precursor hybrid of the TIE pilot helmet and AT-AT Driver helmet.

Like a WWI helmet is to a WWII helmet.

This figure will be the only exception that I buy from my "hated SW list", love the design and it has the nazi vibe from latest Wofenstein series from Bethesda. Couldnt care less about young Han sculpt though.

It's too bad we're probably never going to get the Officer Mudtrooper. I think he looks a little cooler than the standard "Han" trooper. This figure would be a perfect choice for a Con Exclusive. Just take out the Solo head and add some pouches for the most part. Looks like the gun is slightly different as well. The standard is scheduled to release right around SDCC. Hmm, probably just wishful thinking on my part...

han-solo-mudtrooper_star-wars_gallery_5c4c41e7cca4a.jpg

Regular Mudtrooper is likely going to go the way of the Grunt Shoretrooper... never to be seen.

You can pretty easily get those ammo pouches. Could theoretically get a stormtrooper belt and paint it green too.

Personally, this is the only "Solo" figure I am getting, so I'm glad that I can make this Solo or Mudtrooper if I want.

It's too bad we're probably never going to get the Officer Mudtrooper. I think he looks a little cooler than the standard "Han" trooper. This figure would be a perfect choice for a Con Exclusive. Just take out the Solo head and add some pouches for the most part. Looks like the gun is slightly different as well. The standard is scheduled to release right around SDCC. Hmm, probably just wishful thinking on my part...

View attachment 453493

There are no officers, just visual variations of Mudtroopers (a.k.a. with pouches, one or two belts), except for the medics with the white bicep (they're show on the official guide, not sure if there are any onscreen). The rifle is the same E-10 (Muddies can also equip E-11 and E-22).

This is my favourite trooper design since the OT. Simple, plausible in the real world, firmly in line with the OT aesthetic. I wouldn't be surprised if the aftermarket prices on these is ridiculous.

There are no officers, just visual variations of Mudtroopers (a.k.a. with pouches, one or two belts), except for the medics with the white bicep (they're show on the official guide, not sure if there are any onscreen). The rifle is the same E-10 (Muddies can also equip E-11 and E-22).

It wouldn't kill them to include those pouches or belts in the final release tbh. Rather that than a Han head that looks nothing like the actor.

Back