Hot Toys SOLO Mudtrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I highly suggest that if one is on the fence with these "Solo" troopers, they bite the bullet and pre-order them.

I have a feeling that production will be on the lower side and we'll see another "Shore Trooper-like" scarcity a short while after they start shipping.

I highly suggest that if one is on the fence with these "Solo" troopers, they bite the bullet and pre-order them.

I have a feeling that production will be on the lower side and we'll see another "Shore Trooper-like" scarcity a short while after they start shipping.

Yup, just bit the bullet and ordered this and the Patrol trooper.

The other thing with ordering now is the more people want these, the more likely it is that we’ll see the Range and a Mimban troopers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dude, you’re scaring me! Did those shore troopers sell out during pre order? I thought most were available at the time of release but sold out shortly after.

There were Shoretroopers available a little after release. The Stormtroopers and the 2-packs sold out during pre-order if I remember correctly.

Yup, just bit the bullet and ordered this and the Patrol trooper.

The other thing with ordering now is the more people want these, the more likely it is that we’ll see the Range and a Mimban troopers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They must base their production numbers on preorders - they have to; get a certain amount of POs and make an extra 100 pcs. Except in TFA case where they probably expected huge sales.
Lack of PO’s for the Shoretrooper = Smaller edition size. Low PO count for Solo figures, which I assume is happening, equals lack of supply and most unfortunate lack of further/teased figures released. That’s just how I see it anyways.

But didn't all the rogue one figures sell out also?

Most likely lower manufacturing numbers. Maybe not for Death Trooper since there are still some hanging around.
Dude, you’re scaring me! Did those shore troopers sell out during pre order? I thought most were available at the time of release but sold out shortly after.

Yeah they were available for a few months after release then suddenly got bought up.

Yep. I had pre-ordered both the Shoretrooper and the 2-pack immediately, so wasn't affected by the craziness.

I did the same thing with the Mud and Patrol troopers. No second-guessing or grinding of teeth for me.

They must base their production numbers on preorders - they have to; get a certain amount of POs and make an extra 100 pcs. Except in TFA case where they probably expected huge sales.
Lack of PO’s for the Shoretrooper = Smaller edition size. Low PO count for Solo figures, which I assume is happening, equals lack of supply and most unfortunate lack of further/teased figures released. That’s just how I see it anyways.

This is exactly how it works unfortunately. Therefore I always pre-order figures I really want. Waiting and seeing often leads to paying higher prices or missing out if you are not on top of it at release.

This is exactly how it works unfortunately. Therefore I always pre-order figures I really want. Waiting and seeing often leads to paying higher prices or missing out if you are not on top of it at release.

Most of the figures I’ve wanted I PO’ed right away - mainly the ones that I see are a must have. Some I can wait out but also if those sellout I really won’t be too bummed out on the loss.

Well, some figures are a sure thing, like Vaders and Fetts, so they probably make tons of those no matter what the pre-order numbers. Some, like troopers and the main characters they think are a sure thing too and also make tons. But sometimes those you would think are definite sellers stick around for a little bit (see Jedi Luke and Hoth Leia).

With something like these Solo figures, and even the TLJ figures, HT is probably hedging their bets and really paying attention to pre-order numbers. I haven't yet, but I'll be pre-ordering this one and the Han deluxe just to be on the safe side. Although I can't remember the last time a SW figure sold out during the pre-order phase. They all usually have at least a little time when they're officially "in stock".

Most of the figures I’ve wanted I PO’ed right away - mainly the ones that I see are a must have. Some I can wait out but also if those sellout I really won’t be too bummed out on the loss.

Yep, that's how I also play it. Far easy to forget those nice to have ones if you do miss out.

And keep in mind the true pre-order window is really only around 30 days. That’s when retailers have to put in their orders with Sideshow so Sideshow can put in their order with Hot Toys. So only pre-orders within the first month or so contribute towards the overall edition size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And keep in mind the true pre-order window is really only around 30 days. That’s when retailers have to put in their orders with Sideshow so Sideshow can put in their order with Hot Toys. So only pre-orders within the first month or so contribute towards the overall edition size.

Yep, due to my location closer to Asia I use Asian suppliers. One even states a pre-order cut off date which roughly reflects that timing.

It actually makes total sense. If you were Hot Toys would you take an estimate on edition size and take the risk of having heaps left over ? No way. Make to "pre-order" is the only way to minimise potential losses.

I think HTs are watching the number of POs for the current 3 Solo figures to see if they should make more Solo figs.

No doubt about that. I wouldn't consider the chances very high at all for that Pimp trooper making the final grade.

But call me bitter and twisted after "Rogue One Gate".

Yep, due to my location closer to Asia I use Asian suppliers. One even states a pre-order cut off date which roughly reflects that timing.

It actually makes total sense. If you were Hot Toys would you take an estimate on edition size and take the risk of having heaps left over ? No way. Make to "pre-order" is the only way to minimise potential losses.

I think they are learning that process very fast. Hot Toys made a massive mistake by over producing TFA figures thinking that they would be big sellers. You only have to look at current website prices on these figures to see that there are far to many Still out there that won’t be sold. Some versions like TFA Stormtroopers seem almost impossible for retailers to shift. That was a harsh lesson learnt very quickly for HT.

No doubt about that. I wouldn't consider the chances very high at all for that Pimp trooper making the final grade.

But call me bitter and twisted after "Rogue One Gate".

To be honest, I wouldn't bet on them either just based on the number of likes on their FB in comparison to their other prototypes.

Think I’ve decided I want a Han from this film. Not sure if it’ll be this one or the regular. On the one hand this one is cool and unique but I kinda like the regular because it’s his main look for the film.

Back