Hot Toys Screws and Batteries

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IronManny

Super Freak
Reaction score
Have been using my few days off to remove batteries from my Iron Man figures and others. A few screws are really tight and I cannot get them out. Any suggestions? Can I spray them with something?

Thanks, in advance, for the help!

Have been using my few days off to remove batteries from my Iron Man figures and others. A few screws are really tight and I cannot get them out. Any suggestions? Can I spray them with something?

Thanks, in advance, for the help!

Had the same problem. Firstly use the correct size screwdriver then put some lockjaw pliers on the handle of the screw driver & use this to help twist the screwdriver. The added sideways leverage loosens the screw immediately, then remove pliers & unscrew the screw from plastic. Removing the batteries is a must as 3 of my iron men figures had leaky batteries but i got to them in time before the acid touched the plastic. Good luck!

Thanks for your help! The batteries I already removed had something coming off of them. But the lights were still working.

First, I'll get the batteries out of IM 1 figs, then off to take care of IM2 and the Preds with light cannons.

I'm done!!!!!!!

Here are 12 Iron Men worth of batteries! The helmet batteries were such a pain in the #$$!

wml379.jpg
[/IMG]

Thanks again for the help!

Same way...I used a small, but not too small Phillips and go that small panel on the back of the neck. Don't forget to pull the head off first.

Had the same problem. Firstly use the correct size screwdriver then put some lockjaw pliers on the handle of the screw driver & use this to help twist the screwdriver. The added sideways leverage loosens the screw immediately, then remove pliers & unscrew the screw from plastic. Removing the batteries is a must as 3 of my iron men figures had leaky batteries but i got to them in time before the acid touched the plastic. Good luck!

Thank you for the advice. I'm having the same problem.

they used sucky batteries and it is like time bombs....now we got problems on mk7 already....some of them received leaky.....MK7!!! The company or forwarder must kept the containers too long already!!!

They do the screws up too tight also. I've got a good set of screwdrivers for this sort of thing but they shouldn't do them up so tight.

they used sucky batteries and it is like time bombs....now we got problems on mk7 already....some of them received leaky.....MK7!!! The company or forwarder must kept the containers too long already!!!

Already?!!! Darn it HT! :mad:

They do the screws up too tight also. I've got a good set of screwdrivers for this sort of thing but they shouldn't do them up so tight.

:exactly: HT QC = :thwak

Can anyone recommend quality replacement batteries? All my IM have been with out batteries for a while now

Also, It's been a while since I've seen the batteries, so is there a listing somewhere of the battery sizes I'd need? Here's are the HTs I have that need new batteries

Tesseract case
IM Mk 1 v2
War Machine
IM 3 Tony Stark

Last edited:
just took out midnight wesker's battery today, despite what people say about the bad batteries, mine's pretty clean & still works. i guess not testing the batteries makes it last longer without leaks. removed them just to be safe.

Back