Hot Toys ROTJ Emperor Palpatine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
d37e8254e1181c606b355c7ff400af61.jpg

It looks f_______ amazing ...

Just wait till some of you people here, who have posing skills that are 50 times better than mine, get your hands on this figure ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very nice bad-posture Palpatine pose 👍🏽

The limiting factor is going to be the difference in dimension between the base pin height and the throne hole depth.

If you cut off more than this dimension the throne is going to bottom out on the base plate.

If you compare this dimension to the gap between his feet and the table you'll be able to see if that method would work effectively or not.

If one chooses to sand down the peg it might be necessary to putty up the hole. No jokes please;)

Ok so I think there are a couple issues that we may need to consider. Number one is the fact that Ian Mcdiarmid is 5’9” which is almost 2 inches taller than Mark Hamill but the figure looks shorter than the Luke figure. It may be because he’s supposed to hunch a bit but it looks like he is a bit too short which may account for some of the reason his feet don’t touch the ground.

Number two is the base may be too high but before anyone cuts their brand new chair up it might be worth adding some longer ankle pegs to lengthen his legs to see if that helps.

Number three is the emperor slouch. I still think he isn’t slouched down in the chair enough but I could be wrong.

If you get a chance would you put Luke on the throne to see if his feet touch the floor?

1a08b91375f1ecb7a683448e04451742.jpg
058e9e0eabd0c13f1af7eb9e9fc12176.jpg
e0d43b69f739597e09cf7df720e0ef5c.jpg

With ESB Vader:

702f29e6082f40837f90004366755a3a.jpg

b4b474764746f6fec417ab482756936a.jpg

55c6759334d71d4742f26723549dfd61.jpg

Here’s were some issues start, the feet not touching the ground:

1d966d131b690b87bc4c152561d23c8c.jpg
3de080a94413656be51396b11024b098.jpg

df41a2815370d06e6f0fa77e33961fae.jpg

6c438c0b0d82d1482e6e090282898d97.jpg

The only thing that worries me about this figure is the inevitable bleeding dye on the headsculpt from the robe. I mean, you just can't display the Emperor without the hood on, it's part of his appeal for heaven's sake.

Ok so I think there are a couple issues that we may need to consider. Number one is the fact that Ian Mcdiarmid is 5’9” which is almost 2 inches taller than Mark Hamill but the figure looks shorter than the Luke figure. It may be because he’s supposed to hunch a bit but it looks like he is a bit too short which may account for some of the reason his feet don’t touch the ground.

Number two is the base may be too high but before anyone cuts their brand new chair up it might be worth adding some longer ankle pegs to lengthen his legs to see if that helps.

Number three is the emperor slouch. I still think he isn’t slouched down in the chair enough but I could be wrong.

If you get a chance would you put Luke on the throne to see if his feet touch the floor?

I’m not gonna over bend up Jedi Luke, I did just a bit, he fits with feet to the ground ...

7e22fa51d2a986f95574619fab094c75.jpg

Thanks for the pictures. Great figure, cant wait to get it in hand.

For 200+ dollar each figure you would think they managed to tell the factories not to keep overdo the amount of clothing dye.

The only thing that worries me about this figure is the inevitable bleeding dye on the headsculpt from the robe. I mean, you just can't display the Emperor without the hood on, it's part of his appeal for heaven's sake.

Don’t forget the robe potentially dying the chair too.

If anyone does a rinse on the robe take photos so we can see how much extra dye rinses out.

I’m not gonna over bend up Jedi Luke, I did just a bit, he fits with feet to the ground ...

7e22fa51d2a986f95574619fab094c75.jpg

Thank you. That helps out a lot.
I was also doing some research on the chair and it looks like Sideshow and hot toys have designed the base a bit peculiar.

From this image it looks like the base is actually inside and lower that the floor.
1adca8626e6274c7855d363ec9816e35.jpg

The outer rim is not raised but beveled downward before it comes up from the stem.

Also I’m not sure they made the seat deep enough for him to sit lower. From this shot his legs look lower than the arm rests.
4a6dd9a2d54b1c4c0d7595fe9e3a924d.jpg

If you zoom in you can see his feet firmly on the floor. The combination of these two elements plus the fact he is a bit too short makes the gap between his feet and the floor way too exaggerated.

Just soak any clothing you think may have excess dye in water. It will come out in the water. Even just the hood part can be dunked in water without getting the rest wet.

If the die isn't in the fabric it can't stain any more. Not hard.

I'm curious about this dye situation and I still have not rinsed my Luke robes yet. I wonder if left in open air for a period of time the dye will dry out and not transfer?

Don’t forget the robe potentially dying the chair too.

If anyone does a rinse on the robe take photos so we can see how much extra dye rinses out.

Good point regarding the robe possibly staining the throne.

Is it just the camera fish-eye lens affect or does the throne look a bit narrow?

I'm curious about this dye situation and I still have not rinsed my Luke robes yet. I wonder if left in open air for a period of time the dye will dry out and not transfer?

Did this happen to other HT figures? Is the robe easy to take off? How is the clasp attached?

Star Lord v2 definitely had dye bleed issues. Jedi Luke and Anakin robes also have been known to transfer as well I believe.

I think he looks pretty damn awesome. love the throne. i will probably never pose him with the force lightning (okay maybe just once:) ) this is a step or add to figure. you start with the emporer...........then add the throne.............then add a royal guard..............then add another royal guard...........:gah:

Back