Hot Toys ROTJ Emperor Palpatine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
7B9AFCA4-C88F-4070-8413-EC0A474B2430.jpg

This is about the best futzing I could do for the hood, not too bad I think. Had to grab the main body of the cloak in the back around the shoulders and pull it up quite a bit to get enough material to actually pull the hood over the forehead. It really is a "meh" figure but for some reason I still want to hold onto it. Shame they couldn't get the sculpt detail and paint as crisp as say the ANH Obi-Wan or even the recent Krennic, it just seems really soft to me. I always go back to my DX08 Joker as the bar for fine details in a sculpt, and it's kinda sad how this figure that is way newer doesn't look nearly as crisp or "HD" in person as that older DX08. I'm also way too paranoid with the white skin tone and black cloak to pull the neck plastic out.
IMG_4338_2_small.jpg

This is about the best futzing I could do for the hood, not too bad I think. Had to grab the main body of the cloak in the back around the shoulders and pull it up quite a bit to get enough material to actually pull the hood over the forehead. It really is a "meh" figure but for some reason I still want to hold onto it. Shame they couldn't get the sculpt detail and paint as crisp as say the ANH Obi-Wan or even the recent Krennic, it just seems really soft to me. I always go back to my DX08 Joker as the bar for fine details in a sculpt, and it's kinda sad how this figure that is way newer doesn't look nearly as crisp or "HD" in person as that older DX08. I'm also way too paranoid with the white skin tone and black cloak to pull the neck plastic out.
View attachment 490116

You need to cut the stitches of the hood, the ones inside as well. The figure will have a different, more accurate look after that.

With some work, this figure can look great. I absolutely love mine.

Looks great, Chakaman.

And I agree, the figure needs some work, but it pays off so so much. He's one of my favorite figures in my collection.
I still need to give the hands a light wash, they're a bit too flesh colored IMO, especially compared to the (repainted) face.

IMG_3884_8_small.jpg

Looks great, Chakaman.

And I agree, the figure needs some work, but it pays off so so much. He's one of my favorite figures in my collection.
I still need to give the hands a light wash, they're a bit too flesh colored IMO, especially compared to the (repainted) face.

View attachment 494249

Do you have a closeup of the repainted face?

And yeah, I love this one too. One of my favorites.

yeah this is a classic, they knocked this one out of the park. Very low key figure but nailed the character. So glad we got classic RotJ emperor rather then say ep 3 version if they're only going to have one go at him.

Irezumi, nice setup! Were those original figures yours from back in the 1980s?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very cool, irezumi. I think of nearly every single collectible I own nowadays, I also had a toy equivalent between the ages 5-15.

And that throne is pretty much the very first collectible I ever regret not having picked up when I had the chance. :slap I'm quite selective in what I buy, and everything I have was bought at retail upon original release. When I got the emperor, I was sure I wouldn't display the throne and it would just sit in its box forever, so I just got the single release. Now I think it would round out my ROTJ shelf perfectly. So if anybody has one for sale, shoot me a PM. ;)

Back