Hot Toys ROTJ Emperor Palpatine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a guess but it seems HT (as well as Sideshow) have been receiving their stock in waves. I guess that's more noticeable for long awaited/successful releases.

At least now there's notices going out, when I got my DX15, you just saw people getting their shipments form Sideshow in waves and watching some folks get them and then the notices stop, then a few weeks pass and more, and a few more weeks, meanwhile we all waited in the dark making guesses as to what was happening.

View attachment 428930

Sitting forward and it looks like the cloth is bunched up a little give it more height to get closer to his feet.

The head doesn't look great there. Reminds me of that Kim Cardassian guy from Star Trek.

scarydukat.jpg

Can the throne be bought separately, or is it only available with the figure?

Soon on eay for $100+++

That's a great deal. The old Sideshow throne was $140 almost ten years ago and had no light-up features. Using that as a guide, the new HT one would have been around $200+ if it is sold separately.

You'd be surprised back then how many people here convinced themselves that the standard head had the better likeness. :lol

With a bit of a repaint -- perhaps as simple as a gray wash -- that gritted-teeth Ex head will make quite a nice alternate "mean face". Like the Dramatic Arts masks: one happy, one sad.

It'll have to do as the "You'll pay for your lack of vision" expression.

You'd be surprised back then how many people here convinced themselves that the standard head had the better likeness. :lol

With a bit of a repaint -- perhaps as simple as a gray wash -- that gritted-teeth Ex head will make quite a nice alternate "mean face". Like the Dramatic Arts masks: one happy, one sad.

It'll have to do as the "You'll pay for your lack of vision" expression.

I guess we'll never know how cool a HT angry Emperor headsculpt could have looked.

Personally, with the somewhat odd ("pedo"/"drunk") smile and the "potato sack" robe, I'm still getting it, but I'm somewhat disappointed with this figure overall. The throne is awesome, as is the sculpt detail and paint apps on the figure, and it's without a doubt a major upgrade on the SSC Palps (though I've never had that in-hand) but as a 1/6 Emperor, this is pretty middling for me.

Some pics it looks cool, some it doesn't, some it looks like Sidious, some I still see the Ed Harris thing. The right lighting helps obviously. Maybe it's just that when I heard about HT doing Palps, it sets up certain expectations and this figure is a ways from what I was hoping for, even if sculpt detail and paint app quality are everything you could want (yellow vs brown eyes aside.)

I wouldn’t mind seeing the old Sideshow robe on the new ht head and body. I still have the robe I use for my Prequel Darth Sidious.
d0175702a49b7cb2fef9c6c9fdfadcb1.jpg

BOOM! For the group that said "how can HT possibly improve upon the Sideshow Emperor?"

I will keep that 2nd Emperor head though. At least the eyes are yellow.

View attachment 429047
It's not THAT much improved lol. I mean yeah, the paint apps are a hundred times better, but the face is mostly kept in the shadows. That's just not a good comparison pic with the SS one. A very easy remedy to fix the oversized robe is to put a couple little magnets from a craft store on the back of it. Mine drapes as natural as can be..but I'm still upgrading to the new one😎

To anyone that has this figure; can someone upload a pic with them holding the cain in their right hand while using the force lightning with their left. I'd love to see if that can look alright. I want to get the best of both worlds look, but not sure if it'll work.

I'm going for three worlds: Emp seated forward on throne, holding his cane as if to get up, while blasting someone with purple lightning.

I might even make him cross streams with Peter Venkman.

Back