Hot Toys Moon Knight

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One slightly disappointing thing about this figure for me is that it's "below average" height (i.e., about 11.5 inches.) Now I know that's show accurate as Oscar Isaac is probably about 5'8", but nevertheless I'd prefer for the Moon Knight on my shelf to be a tad taller. It's been years and years since I've done this but I'm going to have to find ankle extenders for him. Assuming Hot Toys even constructs their ankles the same way as they used to; it's been years since I've taken a boot off a male figure. Anyone know the cheapest way to pick up a pair of ankle extenders, and do they all work with every Hot Toys male figure?
Good catch on the height - I didn't think to check on that. From Justin's Secret Base video it was confirmed that this is a split cut boot (it's not obvious from the promo pics), so if he's still that short come production time then adding extenders should be pretty straightforward. I usually go with OSK's - they typically have the best fit. There are cheaper ones on eBay if you prefer, but you may need to put a tiny piece of cloth inside to get a tight joint.

OneSixthKit 1/6 Height Adjusting Leg Extension Set Compatible with Hot Toys Body

The last episode REALLY makes the lack of OI head sculpt stand out. And even more missed opportunities on accessories.

The show really has so much potential for display options. While I’m skeptical, I keep hoping they’ll pull a Mysterio and toss more in later.

Find out in 2 years, no incentive for me to give them any money right now. They have a lot of work to do on this figure before I give them a penny.

Cannot wait to get this figure!!!! I am head over heels on the figure, the crescent darts and the awesome back piece of a big crescent dart. Looks great with the figure!

I understand the concerns of a headsculpt, as in EP3 shows Oscar without a head piece in the suit. After hanging out in the Trek forum with nanjin talking about dealing with licensors, I understand how a company might want to pass on a headsculpt. Lots of waiting and issues there and a perspective most consumers don't understand.

I am a little concerned about the plastic color in contrast to the cloth sections of the figure. Thinking on making this figure, I could see how those wraps would be a problem. To keep it tight across the face and the chest piece would put a strain on the cloth. Maybe they could have laid it on there then just secured on the back side. Not sure if that would look accurate enough.

I did see a cosplayer on YT use cardboard for the hood. I've read issues with the Assassins Creed figures having issues with their hoods. MK always has the hood and mask in the same place so perhaps it is the right decision for that.

I guess if you are annoyed enough, you could just get a pair of your whitey tighties out, cut some strips and glue it on the mask and chest. :lol

I was curious what Matticus thought of this figure. Glad he's happy.
Oh I'm giddy for it.

giphy.gif

We're down to the final episode for Moon Knight. It's been a phenomenal run of a series, possibly the most intriguing one on Disney Plus yet... and we've yet to see Mr Knight as a figure or a potential headsculpt of Oscar Isaac.

Comeon' Hot Toys, we all know you can do it...give us the sculpt we want!

Back