1/6 Hot Toys - MMS472 - Thor: Ragnarok - Loki Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love how you have Thor holding Surturs skull like that. Roadworn is definitely one of the best Thor’s. Just something about him, he commands presence on the shelf.
Thank you! It was a lot of trial and error on the wrapping and balance of the fig, but it's a great counterweight to the pose.
What’s the story with that half shelf at the bottom? It’s a pretty neat solution for Hulk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So I had a custom shelf cut by a local glazier based off of a design template I made. It's something like 7.5" deep by the full width of the detolf, but it curves inward into that U shape about 2.5" in on both sides. I did my template by hand, and to the credit of the glazier they copied every imperfection in it, but it's close enough you wouldn't know on the shelf. The catch is that getting the thickness and corner finish of a shelf that matched Ikea's was difficult in my area. So this is a little thicker, I believe .25" with seamed edges rather than the double angled of Ikea's. It works because the whole area is in itself dissimilar to the rest of the cabinet. And the green edged glass works with Hela and Hulk.

If Thanos becomes a thing for my collection one day, I would happily do this again.
2ed41f65bbfb4c9a5af70bf10a49b3ff.jpg

Cutting the glass in an irregular star type shape might also look cool. Like he's smashed his head through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Before I go and buy a Ragnarok Loki body off ebay or TA, what other body would be closest in size to the Hot Toys body for Loki? I really want to make a custom, but I don't want to buy a body that looks undersized for the Ragnarok sculpt. Help please!

Both Loki & Hela have shipped from SSC, its going to be an awesome Christmas this year. This is the first xmas in a while where figures I actually want are shipping during the holiday so I don't have to settle on gift cards :yess:

BTW does anyone have an extra loki or banner chitauri scepter they are willing to sell??

Just received my Loki and loving it... The headsculpt is def not 100% tom hiddleston sadly but from far he looks good enough. But I love the overall look of the char and glad I own this version.
I got the short scepter the other day but couldn't find the long one...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I love my loki but i do kinda dislike the pleated cape a little bit. It's pleated so it keeps it's shape well, but at the same time it doesn't drape or anything. I would have preferred a nice drape instead.

ummm don't forget to take those dagger sheaths off Loki ! [emoji38]

Loving mine too. Such a cool costume and iconic look with the helmet.
Lol you noticed... I actually liked the look with the sheaths on lol...

Well I guess they'll get used. I don't think there's somewhere to put them other than in the box. But I haven't read my instructions yet.
Yup no where to put them except in the box... Might as well put it on the daggers.

So odd they even gave sheaths. Is Loki’s weapon ever sheathed? Seems like he pulls it out from his magic
Yup don't remember having the sheath on. But the dagger is quite sharp, maybe it was meant for safety

Got my Loki today! I honestly only like him with the head piece on. He looks great with it!

46351170042_ac1d0b9935_b.jpg

Got my Loki today! I honestly only like him with the head piece on. He looks great with it!

46351170042_ac1d0b9935_b.jpg
Agree sadly... Without the helmet it is a good figure, with the helmet it looks amazing lol.
Have a feeling that the headsculpt was sculpted for the helmeted look. It just looks perfect with it on. There is something off with the head, just like gladiator thor headsculpt. But the issue with loki is even worse than thor.

Fantastic pic. From pics I've seen, gotta agree w. Biofan - maybe the head was primarily done to work w. helmet - but that's kind of cheat. He'll be my first Loki - maybe the only one - so mostly will have helmet on him. Would've been nice to have options tho. I mean I don't think the sculpt is horrible but not HT's best like DS.

Back