1/6 Hot Toys - MMS353 D16 - CA: Civil War - Iron Man Mark XLVI Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are anyone else's arm rockets super fragile? I went to remove one I had on and two pieces instantly snapped off. This is my first diecast so I don't believe I'm being too rough. Back to the glue station!

Are anyone else's arm rockets super fragile? I went to remove one I had on and two pieces instantly snapped off. This is my first diecast so I don't believe I'm being too rough. Back to the glue station!

That's common with all the figures, in budget stark's review he broke both of his. the rocket arms are held very poorly, i haven't used mines because of fear of the, breaking.

With mine no they're quite sturdy pics will come soon to show. I pray nothing else snaps off! I hate that mine is so reluctant to let anything come off. They need to to work on their accessibility I swear last HTs Iron Man I will ever get trust me when I say that as I hate buying different versions of the same character.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep. Snapped the gold piece off of it when I was trying to snap it in. Didn't realize that it's a separate piece held together by 2 tiny plastic pegs. Little bit of Krazy glue worked just fine so it's not a huge deal. Definitely just gotta be aware that it's not one solid piece.

One of mine was broken before I even took it out of the box!
Sideshows advice-was for me to glue it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmm, after reading about the QC issues, I wonder if H.T. might rectify them as they did when the Deadpool figure was initially released. Though I'm probably not going to be too bothered as I'm mostly a MIP collector.

IMG_5712.jpg

IMG_5660.jpg

IMG_5657.jpg

Any other recommendations for brands of glue I can use to fix the magnets that fell off the armor in the box? Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I like the Loctite gel glue. It has never let me down.

Probably stating the obvious here, but before you apply the Loctite double check that you're gluing the correct side of the magnet. If not it will actually repel when you try to attach the shoulder armor. I caught myself just in time.

Hmm, after reading about the QC issues, I wonder if H.T. might rectify them as they did when the Deadpool figure was initially released. Though I'm probably not going to be too bothered as I'm mostly a MIP collector.

Doubtful. If memory serves me correctly, the Deadpool issue was discovered before they were shipped to
Sideshow. The MK46 was received by Sideshow several weeks ago. I suppose that HT could send them a
second batch, but the magnet issue is nothing new and it has yet to be corrected.

IMG_2310.jpg

Held off buying an Iron Man and ended up selling most of my other armors.. but oh my goodness. This guy is awesome.

The only thing that bugs me are the way the battery panels are held on. Those are bound to break someday... :slap

View attachment 355694

Held off buying an Iron Man and ended up selling most of my other armors.. but oh my goodness. This guy is awesome.

The only thing that bugs me are the way the battery panels are held on. Those are bound to break someday... :slap

Looks like Cap is about to get blasted in the chest followed up by a kick to the nads :lol

Such a great armor, especially when it's all lit up. Nice pick-up!

Well this is interesting. They're sending a new torso to fix my dead LED. But instead of me shipping it back they want me to smash it.

Well this is interesting. They're sending a new torso to fix my dead LED. But instead of me shipping it back they want me to smash it.

Pretty much what they do all the time, i had to destroy a stark body (the mechanic one) and the new DC Mark 1 War Machine because of a bad chest light.

OH yeah there's a video on things like faulty figures that ppl want to send back to Hot Toys think it's regarding a Hot Toys BvS Superman but they're told to destroy it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pretty much what they do all the time, i had to destroy a stark body (the mechanic one) and the new DC Mark 1 War Machine because of a bad chest light.

Ah ok. Do they send an entire body? Arms and legs? My email said torso but i cant at all fathom how to safely remove the limbs.

Back