Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars Episode VII: Rey 1/6th Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just checked and can confirm that my Rey is coming direct from Hong Kong. Wtf? Snail mail too!! Argh. Bloody hell sideshow! [emoji35] [emoji35] [emoji35] [emoji35] [emoji35]

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

It just doesnt look like her. What is up with HT quality control lately? At least Finn's sculpt looks somewhat like John Boyega. This looks almost nothing like Daisy. Its barely recognizable as her. And even though I did get the Finn figure and like it, still he was too tall, wrong color shirt which I cant even wrap my head around how in the world this is possible. HT really slacking lately.

The last figure I got from them, Kylo, which I do like overall, had this crappy cloth underneath his eye section, so you cant even take lit pix of him from the front without it looking horrible. Who approved this?? Should have been a black lens or plastic or something! Anything but black cloth lol. Oh well

For some reason they made her chest way bigger than Daisys who is very small. So bazaar that they would do this.

/rant

Yes Im aware the helmet had it in the movie... except you can shoot a movie to make sure you dont see it. We shouldnt have to do this with a figure. You literally cant light the front of this figure without it looking really dumb. Should have been a pitch black little piece of matte plastic.

You could always just not buy them if none of the figures are up to your standards.

As others pointed out though, the cloth mesh screen on Kylo's helmet is accurate. HT has nothing to do with how the film makers of a film chose to design the costumes for the film; they just make the figures accurate to how the costumes/suits were designed and generally do a very good job at doing it.

I find it pretty easy to hide the mesh visor on the Kylo figure unless I'm shining light right in there. I think Hot Toys did an awesome job on him.

I can see complaining about Rey's headsculpt but complaining about the job they did on Kylo's helmet seems a bit ridiculous.

P
It just doesnt look like her. What is up with HT quality control lately? At least Finn's sculpt looks somewhat like John Boyega. This looks almost nothing like Daisy. Its barely recognizable as her. And even though I did get the Finn figure and like it, still he was too tall, wrong color shirt which I cant even wrap my head around how in the world this is possible. HT really slacking lately.

The last figure I got from them, Kylo, which I do like overall, had this crappy cloth underneath his eye section, so you cant even take lit pix of him from the front without it looking horrible. Who approved this?? Should have been a black lens or plastic or something! Anything but black cloth lol. Oh well

For some reason they made her chest way bigger than Daisys who is very small. So bazaar that they would do this.

/rant

I would never want to challenge anyone's right to their opinion on anything...particularly likeness which is truly in the eye of the beholder but I got this one yesterday and I think it is amazing... Excellent likeness and over-all quality. The pictures I thought were meh, but in hand this is one of my favorites and easily my favorite HT Star Wars figure...this one definitely needs to be seen in person to be truly appreciated!

Got mine, but there's a wierd smudge on her forehead, what do you guys think.
be025a7a783592f312ed5b235e368538.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

It's not that discernible to me. How's the rest of the figure? If everything else is ship shape, then I'd keep it. In my experience, you're never going to get a 100% flawless figure; there's always going to be something, even if it's the tiniest of things. If you return it for a new one, there's no guarantee you'll get a better one. The new one you receive might end up having something that bothers you even more than the current one.

You must do what you feel is right of course, but I personally think it's ok.

So...how soon after my final flex pay has been taken can I expect Sideshow to ship my Rey out?

I have confirmed that SS have taken the payment. It is showing up on my cc statement. But, curiously, SS are showing a message saying that my order is locked while they process my payment.

What can I deduce from this?

It's not that discernible to me. How's the rest of the figure? If everything else is ship shape, then I'd keep it. In my experience, you're never going to get a 100% flawless figure; there's always going to be something, even if it's the tiniest of things. If you return it for a new one, there's no guarantee you'll get a better one. The new one you receive might end up having something that bothers you even more than the current one.

You must do what you feel is right of course, but I personally think it's ok.
The rest of her looks great, I'm very happy with her. I'm not usually that picky because I know hand painted items are never "perfect". This just stuck out to me, and probably has a lot to do with lighting.

Often times, what look to be paint blotches are indeed just a result of lighting angles.

It looks to me like the paint brush slightly grazed her forehead twice while they painted the hair. It doesn't photograph well, but in person you can see it. On the plus side, she has the teeth detail and it looks fantastic.

Here, I used a flashlight to get the teeth to show:
9c84b32509b600bf19255bddcbf754fe.jpg

And a group shot, I need to rearrange my cabinet soon:
8ce3be75e95e234ba804b4ecad73a265.jpg

It looks to me like the paint brush slightly grazed her forehead twice while they painted the hair. It doesn't photograph well, but in person you can see it. On the plus side, she has the teeth detail and it looks fantastic.

She's not exactly clean in the film, so I think yours is pretty damn cool to have that on the forehead. I'd keep it.

I'm waiting for Slave Leia, but I'd consider Hoth or Bespin Leia.

I want a Hoth leia very badly but I would also buy the slave if the joints are not too unsightly. I would also like an endor leia....well 2 endor Leia's.....the speeder one and the ewok village one. FML star wars is an awful line to collect :gah:

She's not exactly clean in the film, so I think yours is pretty damn cool to have that on the forehead. I'd keep it.

:exactly:

I usually try and find a way to turn a "blemish" on a figure of mine into a positive. Sometimes things such as that can make the figure actually look more accurate.

Back