Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars Episode VII: Rey 1/6th Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, I am really considering cancelling now, what's with the teeth? Why fix something that wasn't broken?

You guys getting Rey and Finn -- just switch out Finns pegs and use them on Rey.

I'm getting (Finn's) pegs for my Rey -- just not getting Finn. :)

That's exactly what I plan to do.

He did seem like a huge figure when I took him out of the box but I really didn't realize how tall he was since I got the riot trooper set and posed him just next to the trooper.

Finn has short pegs, but has glued on clear extenders on his actual legs. So, unless you do a lower leg swap, there's no shortening them without hacking it up.

Wow, I am really considering cancelling now, what's with the teeth? Why fix something that wasn't broken?

Really? She looks closer to Daisy now than before and her teeth have always looked like that:

original.jpeg

maxresdefault.jpg

Looks accurate to me.

Really? She looks closer to Daisy now than before and her teeth have always looked like that:

original.jpeg

maxresdefault.jpg

Looks accurate to me.

No, it looks way off from what WAS a perfect prototype!
The teeth showing on the photo were subtle.

Now they're just like a white blob of paint with no definition whatsoever!

No, it looks way off from what WAS a perfect prototype!
The teeth showing on the photo were subtle.

Now they're just like a white blob of paint with no definition whatsoever!

Lol, I suppose. I preordered her either way and planned to display her with her head wrap on because I thought the proto portrait was off (maybe 60-70% Daisy). That plan has been since scrapped as I think she looks better now than before. I agree the teeth/mouth area looks off in some angles but overall I think closer to Daisy than before (maybe 85-90% her).

Can anyone pose Rey next to a female HT figure ((ie. Black Widow)? Whatever different comment each of us make we all can agree that this is not 100% out of the gates. This is not part of my purchase list but I always feel for fellow collectors looking forward to a item and being slightly concern of final outcome.

Hmmm...Overall I like it. The headsculpt I was expecting them to botch in the final product but they got it pretty close to the prototype. The mouthguard thing is a nonissue to me. What is an issue is the height thing we've all been discussing. I cancelled my Finn but if I hadn't, I'd be annoyed. And yet...there are ways around it. If Finn sticks around for a bit(and I have a feeling he will), I may end up getting him eventually anyway and you can easily just pose him crouching or something or heck, even on his stomach, knocked out if you're doing the snow fight lol(which is what I play on reenacting when I get my figures).

Finn has short pegs, but has glued on clear extenders on his actual legs. So, unless you do a lower leg swap, there's no shortening them without hacking it up.

Then I'll just find short extenders somewhere else. Sorry bout the swap mod thing, looked good at first blush. :lol

The height between Rey and Kylo Ren is going to be pretty stark too, but if he's in a dynamic pose that could be minimized a bit.

Hell, the main reason I even got a Kylo was so I could later pose him next to Rey, so I'll be really annoyed if it's not possible to make that work at all.

Although I suppose I could have her up on her base and Kylo standing without one...

Back