Hot Toys - MMS: IM2- WAR MACHINE (Special/MILK Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got mine today and hes pretty awesome! Using him in my marvel superheros display. Hes got the perfect comic look to me which is what Im aiming for. Had no problems with FP either,they did send me the letter with the price screw up. I imagine the price is higher on the website than what was said in the letter($216.99)because they might be trying to recover some of that lost money.:dunno. Anyways off to stare at this cool mofo! Congrats to those who have got him!

Jay, I wouldn't worry about it too much, because I have my original WM posed very similar to yours. The other day I dusted off the fig and reposed him back to the original pose without any issue.

Jay, I wouldn't worry about it too much, because I have my original WM posed very similar to yours. The other day I dusted off the fig and reposed him back to the original pose without any issue.

Sounds good to me. :yess:

Thought i'd post a picture of how i have my War Machine displayed with some other IM figures.

6764530647_0e2ecfb2ba_b.jpg

Don't mind the Cap base i didn't have the IM one handy last night. :lol

I got this figure a few days ago... but the screw on the back of the neck is already stripped. The one on my original WM is stripped too? is there any way i can get it off....or break the panel off? Since the panel is hidden behind the back for the most part, i don't care if i need to break them off, I just want those F__king batteries OUT!

I got this figure a few days ago... but the screw on the back of the neck for the light up eyes is already stripped. The one on my original WM is stripped too. Is there any way i can get the screws out....or break the panels off? Since the panels are hidden behind the back for the most part, i don't care if i need to break them off, I just want those batteries OUT! I'm not going to sell them anyway.

Cheers guys.

I'm a bit scared about him breaking after reading the post on the other page. :panic: :lol

Nah his pose isn't putting any stress on his waist so he should be alright.

yeah, don't get me wrong. With adequate caution you should have no concern about breaking your war machines waist. I understood before I even got this figure that the waist was fragile, and that you could only twist him side to side and backwards and forward. It's only if you try any variation of those directions that your waist becomes in danger of breaking. my only warning to everyone is to make sure you always keep that in mind especially when putting him in flight positions. when you have him suspended like that its very easy to some how unknowingly put pressure on that joint and snap it. (take it from me it will snap much easier than you think)

I still love this figure and highly recommend him, and I don't want to scare anyone who has or is thinking about buying him. I just want to caution everyone here, so none of you have to go threw what I have gone threw. I had this figure for over a year, and I treat all of the figures in my collection with respect and care. So trust me when I say that if it can happen to me it can happen to you.

here is a picture of my war machine now
046.JPG

see not to bad. not a complete waste right???

and this is a picture of him in the position he was in right before he broke.
124.JPG

I got this figure a few days ago... but the screw on the back of the neck for the light up eyes is already stripped. The one on my original WM is stripped too. Is there any way i can get the screws out....or break the panels off? Since the panels are hidden behind the back for the most part, i don't care if i need to break them off, I just want those batteries OUT! I'm not going to sell them anyway.

If it were me, I would put a small dab of super glue on the tip of the mini-screw driver, and place it into the screws head. give it a moment to dry then twist while keeping lots of pressure on the screw driver. I imagine that even if the glue doesn't hold (it probably wont) it will create enough imperfections in the screw head to resist the torque motion you apply to it. Whatever you do DO NOT just break the panel off, I can think of a million ideas that would be better than that.

I remember someone talking about this exact problem in the war machine thread. I remember they found a solution that there eye doctor had suggested to them. I think it was something along the lines of what I just described to you above, but I would suggest combing threw that thread if my suggestion doesn't work for you.

I still love this figure and highly recommend him, and I don't want to scare anyone who has or is thinking about buying him. I just want to caution everyone here, so none of you have to go threw what I have gone threw. I had this figure for over a year, and I treat all of the figures in my collection with respect and care. So trust me when I say that if it can happen to me it can happen to you.
It's always worth posting info like this so thanks. :hi5:

Looking at this photo really makes me want an Iron Patriot Variant Iron Man
Iron Patriot would be great! I'd also like Detroit Steel. :yess: :lol

detail.jpg

Back