Hot Toys Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater - Naked Snake (Sneaking Suit Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well it took them a year and a half to get these two up for order, any delays more than a month for these would be extremley poor form

These should happen before the end of the year. It appears HT lengthy delays are becoming a thing of the past.

After the amazing mgs ground Zeroes trailer I cancelled my batman (hype has worn off) and pre ordered this bad boy instead. Amazing fig.

After the amazing mgs ground Zeroes trailer I cancelled my batman (hype has worn off) and pre ordered this bad boy instead. Amazing fig.

Are you referring to the DX 10? No offense, but I would have kept the Batman figure instead. As much as I like Metal Gear Solid 3, this suit just isn't one of the more popular looks for Snake. It's sure to be in retail for a long time, as most people will be waiting for a figure with regular camo attire.

The DX 10 has a fabric suit and an EMP gun with light up features. In addition to a phenomenal Christian Bale sculpt and a cowl with PERS. But hey, as long as you're happy that's all that matters. This Snake figure is still a good one.

DX12 is TDKR batman.

I have decided to pass on this too. Want a camo ver. :(

Ah, ok. Thanks for the correction, bro. That's too bad, but completely understandable. There's just way too much stuff coming out, so it's a tough choice to let some things go.

Yeh that's exactly the thing man.

I'm a huge MGS fan but this is not the defining look and I cannot afford to be flippant.

I have decided to pass on this too.
tumblr_m6lcs9rq301rz3gq7o1_400.jpg

:lol

Yeh Rock I hear ya. Feel these two will be all from the licence unfortunately. :(

Easy to make your own though.Use the headsculpt,tiger stripe uniforms and the necessary accessories can be found at a decent price on ebay.

I'm a huge MGS fan but this is not the defining look and I cannot afford to be flippant.

Exactly my situation pal. If it was a Camo version, then it would have been paid for already.

Naked Snake > Batman... anyday of the week :lecture

And since there is about six Batmen and only one Snake his decision is a no brainer.

If you don't support this figure there won't be anymore. The Boss has alot working against it but this figure looks great.

I know prices are intense these days but it's MGS Snake, it must be bought no matter what outift it is. I only have this and Spider-Man on order, no other offering from HT can take the place of Snake from my order list, none compare.

I won't pass on it because it might very well be the only one we get.

i bought one, anything mgs i will buy

:goodpost: :hi5:

Naked Snake > Batman... anyday of the week :lecture

And since there is about six Batmen and only one Snake his decision is a no brainer.

If you don't support this figure there won't be anymore. The Boss has alot working against it but this figure looks great.

I know prices are intense these days but it's MGS Snake, it must be bought no matter what outift it is. I only have this and Spider-Man on order, no other offering from HT can take the place of Snake from my order list, none compare.

:goodpost: :hi5:

In general, the Batman figures have been some of Hot Toys' rarest and most popular releases. It's not a matter of which character you believe is the better one - fanboy arguments aside. But, from a collecting standpoint, it's the more logical choice to prioritize the piece that will likely be the most rare and hard-to-find at a decent price price going forward. In that respect, if you happen to like both Batman and Naked Snake, it makes more sense to go with the Batman figure first, and pick up Snake later on at retail (and he should be in retail for a long time judging from the lack of enthusiasm from many Hot Toys fans around the net).

I've always disliked the idea of buying figures just to support a line (even if it happens to be something close to my heart like MGS), and besides, $210 isn't easy to come by in this hobby - unless you happen to be rich with lots of disposable income. The products should speak for themselves, and that's the main reason for why I'm not even bothering with The Boss. If enough people like a figure, they'll buy it.

Personally, I love the Sneaking Suit figure - it was always one of my favorite looks in the game, and I'm very happy with this release. However, it probably wasn't the smartest decision by Hot Toys to release this one first. They should have went with a more popular standard camo figure, and have the Sneaking Suit as a con exclusive, produced in limited numbers (just like the Play Arts Version Zero figure).

Back