Hot Toys Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater - Naked Snake (Sneaking Suit Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Or when hollywood decides to do another ESCAPE movie. i can almost imagine Grindhouse Kurt Russell with an eyepatch

Hollywood will combine it all together. Escape from Detroit starring Robocop turned Snake Plissken and his partner-in-crime Tony Stark.

well, my snake should be shipping soon. i cant wait to put him in my collection. hes going to look so amazing. we all knew hed have issues with posability, that was a gimme. but, you cant deny the fact that hell look amazing on the shelf (well on mine anyway). i know theres people in this thread who dont really care for it but i think hes a must buy for me. ill find a real cool pose to put him in and then ill never touch him again. im so glad that he has so many guns, this guy comes jam packed. definitely going to display him near his box. its silly that you use the packing tape for the box to hold his knife, im going to immediately use black because tan looks silly. i dont have any issues other that that with this guy.

Congrats Jack! I hope you end up loving it as much as I do!

Please let us know if the US release's sneaking suit restricts the posing as much as mine does. I'm hoping there might have been some tweaks in-between the releases.

Will do guys. I'll post some pics later tonight when I get home from work.

Posted this in the other thread by mistake.

Here's some real quick pics of Naked Snake. Loving this figure already. In hand he's very impressive. I do already plan on switching out or beefing up this body, he should be more built.

Arms stay where you put them, without creeping back down, but because of the suit it's hard to get him into a proper pistol stance. But again, I will mess with him more later, this is just a quick pose up.

Don't get me wrong, I'm very impressed with the figure. The suit is well made. Just want to make him bigger, going to try a modified Kaustik/HT hybrid body or something like that.

Don't get me wrong, I'm very impressed with the figure. The suit is well made. Just want to make him bigger, going to try a modified Kaustik/HT hybrid body or something like that.

I think the original T-800 body or the Chris Redfield would work perfectly.

Yeah exactly going to try all of them and see what works best. I think once it's on a bigger body with a thicker neck it will look 100 times better.

I hope by default he should at least look like a well built soldier standing side by side with other HT figures? It would be embarrassing if he's smaller than say, Captain America. Snake should be Christopher Reeve equivalent at least!

Will have to wait to compare until I'm home, but I'd say he's about in proportion to the usual HT figures I have like First Avenger Cap. I just personally want him bigger.

if we put him on the bruce lee body or something smaller, would it be possible to achieve a proper CQC pose? Or is the costume just too limiting regardless?

No way!!! Haha don't put him on a smaller body!!! He'd be swimming in that outfit. Let me get it home and mess with it and I'll see how it can be improved. The base body is like a TT Advanced, so the articulation is there. But a combination of the gloves lacking wrist articulation, the thick material at the shoulders and the hard plastic chest piece a proper two-handed pistol grip like he uses with his arms in front of him in a triangle is not going to happen.

Back