Hot Toys Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater - Naked Snake (Sneaking Suit Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That would be so awesome if they did. Bring on jungle fatigues and no eyepatch!!!

Well, yours needs super glue then cause the loop is supposed to be attatched to the sheath. It unbuttons in the middle. My bdu metal boss you slide the knife in then pull the loop over since theres no snap like medicom has. So sorry man but youre wrong.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

Whatever guy, I've just owned the Medi figure since it first came out. And yes, I am far too stupid to figure out how to put the loop around the butt of a knife ;)

I'm not sure how you're going to unbutton a single hard piece of plastic,there is no snap functionality on mine. My Medi Snake is one of the first to be released (Croc-cap version) and all of the combat knives on that version came like that. With the loop physically attached to the knife, there's a small pin on the back of the loop which inserts into the sheath itself so that it lock into place.

So maybe you could/should do some more research before talking in a tone like you know it all.

Ralph, how does Snake compare to say, Christopher Reeve? I always imagines them having the same height and muscle mass.

He comes up to CR's forehead. So he is a little bit smaller. Snake definitely is stockier than CR.

Is there any stretch in the sheath material? Maybe you can pop the loop over the pommel of the knife.

There is, and that is exactly how I finally got mine in place. I had to use a pair of tweezers to get it over the pommel of the knife though. It still does not sit straight/flush to the boot, I'll snap some more pics later :)

Last edited:
I wonder if the Snake body is just not utilizing the extended ankle pegs?

I wonder if the Snake body is just not utilizing the extended ankle pegs?

I'm not sure, I haven't taken off the boots yet to take look inside. He's not super small or anything compared to the rest of my HT figures, but he's definitely as tall as some of them.

Luckily he is taller than Jack Sparrow lol :p

what i want only this one.

230px-Mgs-solid-snake.jpg

that's it
is this hard? ):

ralph, i have them all sitting on my shelves with the exception of the cold war one which i will soon get. whos using a tone? relax and take a valium. no need to get all internet gangsta on me. if you wanna say youre stupid thats fine, but i didnt. so heres a pic for you from my winter wonderfest squares snake. which btw is a first run original figure. the glue came loose on yours dude and look closer at the snap. i just looked at all of mine and they all unsnap.

Last edited:
Jason, I know what you're saying but I swear to God that my snap does not open. It doesn't even have the cut around the button to make it look like it does (if that even makes any sense). It just has a circlular hole in it to make it look like it has a button, I'll try to take a picture of it later.

On topic, here are a few pictures of the HT figure (the first three are still with my original camera before it died, the rest are with my crappy cell phone camera):
FILE0258.jpg

Got the loop over the pommel, but the sheath still looks bent
FILE0262.jpg

FILE0267.jpg

8-2.jpg

9-2.jpg

10-1.jpg

12-1.jpg

Looks awesome Ralph. How did you end up being able to get the strap over the pommel?

I had to insert the knife into the sheath all the way. Then using a pair of tweezers I had to pull the loop over the pommel.

You really need to be careful while doing it, the fabric (faux leather) does not have a lot of give and it's very thin. It's also looped through the actual sheath, so if you pull on it too hard you can rip it right off (hence my original hesitation to do it that way).

It's in now though :p and I'll probably leave it there forever :)

I had to insert the knife into the sheath all the way. Then using a pair of tweezers I had to pull the loop over the pommel.

You really need to be careful while doing it, the fabric (faux leather) does not have a lot of give and it's very thin. It's also looped through the actual sheath, so if you pull on it too hard you can rip it right off (hence my original hesitation to do it that way).

It's in now though :p and I'll probably leave it there forever :)

Thanks for sharing this tip, Ralph.. I'll be ready to be careful with that piece once I receive my Naked Snake. :clap

Any other tips you can share on which other parts are hard to install/put since it is very delicate?

Whatever guy, I've just owned the Medi figure since it first came out. And yes, I am far too stupid to figure out how to put the loop around the butt of a knife ;)

I'm not sure how you're going to unbutton a single hard piece of plastic,there is no snap functionality on mine. My Medi Snake is one of the first to be released (Croc-cap version) and all of the combat knives on that version came like that. With the loop physically attached to the knife, there's a small pin on the back of the loop which inserts into the sheath itself so that it lock into place.

So maybe you could/should do some more research before talking in a tone like you know it all.

He comes up to CR's forehead. So he is a little bit smaller. Snake definitely is stockier than CR.

There is, and that is exactly how I finally got mine in place. I had to use a pair of tweezers to get it over the pommel of the knife though. It still does not sit straight/flush to the boot, I'll snap some more pics later :)

I figured that might work, just didn't have mine in hand to try it. Good to know it worked out and it looks much better in the pic. I'll be doing that as soon as mine arrives and I'll probably never touch it again as well. Is it possible to get the figure into a CQC pose?

I figured that might work, just didn't have mine in hand to try it. Good to know it worked out and it looks much better in the pic. I'll be doing that as soon as mine arrives and I'll probably never touch it again as well. Is it possible to get the figure into a CQC pose?

Sadly, you cannot achieve the gun over knife CQC position :( His arms really don't want to cross in front of his chest. The suit's faux leather is very resiliant, so even if you pose the arms correctly, they'll get pushed into their original position eventually (much like the Toys Con Batman Begins figure).

You can definitely get something simillar to this though:
DSCF4380.jpg

That's probably the one thing the Medicom has over the HT figure, poseability.

I can deal with a pose like that, might even look better with a fist in place of the gun hand. does the HT fig come with the "finger out" knife hand like the Medi?

I haven't been following this thread closely, so I don't know how my feelings stack up with the rest of MGS fans here, but the more I see it, the less I like this figure. The fancy cold war era, space technolgy suit is looking silly compared to simple, tiger stripe pants and jacket. The head portrait - though well sculpted - has little of Naked Snake in it, and leaves me completely cold. Not based on the original in-game model, not even really based on Shinkawa's artwork. Instead, they picked the new look from the updated renders, with Snake sporting that ridiculous, Che Guevara like mustache, which give him the shaggy look of a homless person, or an art class hipster, instead of the Rambo ruggedness of the original Snake.

I really hope HT, will continue this line, and give us a proper dressed, equipped and sculpted Snake. Though at this point, I really doubt they will improve his portrait. They might update it, but it wouldn't make sense for them to go backwards in chosen art-style, and pick the old game model, over the new.

Medicom Naked Snake is still the best for me. More "Snake-like" out of the box, and with potential for even more coolness, with re-paints and some modding.

:lol

Soldiers story came out with a new FBI figure; cool thing comes with black gloves similar to snakes' ....

132842d1354514446-soldierstory-fbi-cirg-fbi-098.jpg

A few trims to the thumb, index, and middle finger; plus 5 eyelets on the front of the hand; perfect.

what i want only this one.

230px-Mgs-solid-snake.jpg

that's it
is this hard? ):

Yamato made one way back and to be honest, it's not that bad. His face needs some repaint & once I did that it looked more game accurate than the Play Arts version.

soldisnake.jpg

Back