Hot Toys Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater - Naked Snake (Sneaking Suit Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know, you're probably right. It does look like the usual quality from Hot Toys. It's just sometimes one gets the feeling that some HT products are done by-the-numbers and as routinely as possible. That may or may not be the case here (the inclusion of the cardboard box shows that some love went into this figure), my distaste for the suit and HT's recent price hikes probably affected my feelings. It's just that, after such a long wait, I was ready to be wowed; floored. This isn't it.

With all the waiting and hoping, although the figure is great you just expect to be floored and feel like the wait was for something and i think that these figures aren't revoltionary that it justifies the wait, it feels like "why couldn't these have been sooner, they don't look to hard to make"

You ever think that just by us collectively using a lil restraint in not purchasing that HT's would say "hey guys I think we have to dial back our price points."

No actually. It just causes them to put more pressure on their good selling licenses. That is why I am worried about MGS at this point. People who buy The Boss will exclusively be hardcore fans or people who are buying Snake (which is likely the same type of people in the end), but then the Snake buyers are reluctant to get him because they either hate the sneaking suit, or think Hot Toys is going to release a more traditional Naked Snake figure and so they are waiting for that release.

Now of course Hot Toys would be more than glad to make more figures, but it would be a hell of a hard time justifying the releases if so many people aren't buying the first two figures.

When it comes to Hot Toys all not buying their products from a lineup does is convince them to abandon that lineup (Watchmen).

Yep, they've made that pretty clear with Assassin's Creed. They outright said they would want to make more AC figures if sales are good. Guess they weren't.

No actually. It just causes them to put more pressure on their good selling licenses. That is why I am worried about MGS at this point. People who buy The Boss will exclusively be hardcore fans or people who are buying Snake (which is likely the same type of people in the end), but then the Snake buyers are reluctant to get him because they either hate the sneaking suit, or think Hot Toys is going to release a more traditional Naked Snake figure and so they are waiting for that release.

Now of course Hot Toys would be more than glad to make more figures, but it would be a hell of a hard time justifying the releases if so many people aren't buying the first two figures.

When it comes to Hot Toys all not buying their products from a lineup does is convince them to abandon that lineup (Watchmen).

As prices go up a across the board sales will down across the board no matter what license. Eventually when that happens HT's will have 2 clear options #1close shop or #2lower price points.

Unless they drop 1/6 altogether and focus on other formats like 1/4 or statues like Enterbays going to start doing. Whatever they can make for less and charge more for is what their showing us.

Not sure why people pre-order anyways. These days you can get figures after they're released, CHEAPER!

Not sure why people pre-order anyways. These days you can get figures after they're released, CHEAPER!

Exactly I just laugh at all the guys who run to mindlessly preorder. Hey here's an idea, lets run and immediately drop a bunch of money on something i wont get for 8 months and sit and then watch everyone else get it in 6 months in Asia. and every day check the mail for two months to finally get it for 20 dollars above what the local store in town has sold it for during the last month they've had it before I did with my preorder.

These days even the limited release ones are in editions of three thousand. :dunno

Odin, Thor, Cap America, T-600, T-700 to name a few.

Even the Christopher Reeve DX was found under retail after release. There are windows where you can get a deal with almost every release just like there is a strange window where they shoot up to insane prices after a while.

i've pre-ordered just to show my support, if Sideshow reports back to HT on P.O number i want mine on that list for MGS

People who buy The Boss will exclusively be hardcore fans or people who are buying Snake (which is likely the same type of people in the end), but then the Snake buyers are reluctant to get him because they either hate the sneaking suit, or think Hot Toys is going to release a more traditional Naked Snake figure and so they are waiting for that release.

Many did the same for Captain America and Thor and so on, yet they still made the next versions, Cap is still in-stock and they still put of for order another version, :dunno

You ever think that just by us collectively using a lil restraint in not purchasing that HT's would say "hey guys I think we have to dial back our price points."

Perhaps, but I also think that getting everyone to join forces and do that just is not realistic.

Even the Christopher Reeve DX was found under retail after release. There are windows where you can get a deal with almost every release just like there is a strange window where they shoot up to insane prices after a while.

Yep. I'm not saying people should wait a whole year to pick them up, but you have plenty of time after initial release to get figures for a good price.

I bought three Sparrows lately for $160 each, all "EX". I realized right then I'm not pre-ordering anymore. I have no doubt I'll find figures like 89 Bats and Joker for a deal soon.

Perhaps, but I also think that getting everyone to join forces and do that just is not realistic.

I can agree with that statement as well unfortunately. Do as you wish, but I see it as a way to do my part. Individual responsibility sort of thing, food for thought.

The best part of this is the 'sneaking suit version' in parenthesis. The version I want is on its way wahooooo!!!

Yep. I'm not saying people should wait a whole year to pick them up, but you have plenty of time after initial release to get figures for a good price.

I bought three Sparrows lately for $160 each, all "EX". I realized right then I'm not pre-ordering anymore. I have no doubt I'll find figures like 89 Bats and Joker for a deal soon.

I just got an awsome deal of ebay won a bid on a brand new chris reeves superman got it for 175 shipped.

I just got an awsome deal of ebay won a bid on a brand new chris reeves superman got it for 175 shipped.

Yep same here. I PO'd a Jack Sparrow and then sold it once i picked one up for about $170. Picked up Classic Predator for 160 odd shipped and 89 Bats for 199 shipped as well. There is no point to PO anymore anymore given the larger production runs of figures that Hot Toys is putting out. HT might be increasing MSRP prices but you can find almost all recent releases for below retail if you wait.

Back