Hot Toys Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater - Naked Snake (Sneaking Suit Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree. This figure may not be placed in the most dynamic poses, the shelf presence appears to be awesome.

This is on my "want to have" list.

people complain about the suit being restrictive to movement. i dont know if they tried moving the body and adjusting the suit back. all you have to do is do this a couple of times and you can do just about any arm and upper torso movement. the legs bend fine too. the only problem is at the waist and hip area. you cant get too much of a tight crouch at all. you can make him do like a run or a cut but an unawkward looking crouch is the best. the suit is very durable, it doesnt make me think it will tear. it doesnt pull too hard in the wrong areas. the rubber vest he wears is a tad too big IMHO. they could have made it a little less restrictive at the waistline.

people complain about the suit being restrictive to movement. i dont know if they tried moving the body and adjusting the suit back. all you have to do is do this a couple of times and you can do just about any arm and upper torso movement. the legs bend fine too. the only problem is at the waist and hip area. you cant get too much of a tight crouch at all. you can make him do like a run or a cut but an unawkward looking crouch is the best. the suit is very durable, it doesnt make me think it will tear. it doesnt pull too hard in the wrong areas. the rubber vest he wears is a tad too big IMHO. they could have made it a little less restrictive at the waistline.

img6594i.jpg

Here's a picture of mine

i totally agree, i tried out a whole variation of poses before settling with this quite easily. if your just mindful of how you bend him and you manipulate the suit, its not much trouble at all. I doubt it'll tear

Personally i dig the sneaking suit

Last edited:
right click and open the picture independent of this page

Mr snake holding his m16 :)

infact, here is the direct image link to jaegars snake

img6594i.jpg

I don't know what i'm doing wrong haha :slap

EDIT: wait i found the source. It's all good
well, on the page it was linked to you left click on the image, taking it to a new page where the image is more central, right click and copy the direct image url (i right clicked and opened image in new tab, and it took me direct to the image. im using google chrome )

edit @ your edit. its all goooood snakes all round

nice pic man!!!!! i just took these ones of mine now that im inspired.

cheers man. You didn't have much problem with the articulation no?

He looks abit dark skinned tho the lighting is rubbish in my place. I need to get some decent lighting for inside a detolf cabinet. Any ideas?

yeah ikea has light kits for the detolfs called dioder. they come in different colors and shapes. and yes i have constructed the box heres a pic.

The Cardboard box is a nice touch. I don't actually think you'd be able to put Big Boss in a knelt position coming out of the box in and natural way though.

I mean you will be able to, whether it looks good or not is another issue. I'd like to see some pictures if anyones done it?

i had an idea for a box-hiding illusion

take both the boots off, stick a pole out of each boot and lower the box over the feet, but the poles long enough to elevate the box an inch and a half off the ground, have 1 foot half an inch more forward than the other and it could look like somebody was sneaking with it

infact, buy an extra pair of boots on ebay and do that with the box, display it next to the full figure and make it like theres 2 figures >_>

yeah, i thought about using a cheap body, some sort of game accurate fatigues (just the pants), and some of those rubber jungle boots. itll look like a fatigues version is under the box. probably cost me like 20 bucks or so.:dunno

i had an idea for a box-hiding illusion

take both the boots off, stick a pole out of each boot and lower the box over the feet, but the poles long enough to elevate the box an inch and a half off the ground, have 1 foot half an inch more forward than the other and it could look like somebody was sneaking with it

infact, buy an extra pair of boots on ebay and do that with the box, display it next to the full figure and make it like theres 2 figures >_>

yeah, i thought about using a cheap body, some sort of game accurate fatigues (just the pants), and some of those rubber jungle boots. itll look like a fatigues version is under the box. probably cost me like 20 bucks or so.:dunno

Does the box come with the hand holds for snake to peep through? that's how i envisioned him under the box, with his eyes peeping through having a look around

Both your ways seem like they would be a good cheap option to get the desired look. I'd quite like to see one of Snake just exiting the cardboard, holding it up with one hand and the other ready with the pistol

Back