Hot Toys Mark III Original Vs Battle Damaged

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The BD is amazing.
Here is one of my shots from today. I took it after I saw this thread!

DSC_6817.jpg

The BD is amazing.
Here is one of my shots from today. I took it after I saw this thread!

DSC_6817.jpg

Nice photo buddy!

I got an Ex on order, still not sure if I want to keep him. I have the 1:2 IM. I it's time to save the money for some new armor.

I bought the original Mark III before I knew about the BD version. I was tempted by the later version but couldn't quite justify it. Not having the BD version makes me much more excited to get the Mark IV which looks to have a lot of the same features as the BD. Plus for some strange reason I like the stands with the name plate on them. I think they are classy and the BD doesn't look like it came with one.

Is that true? V1 better than BD.

Well the interchangeable chest plate kinda resulted in the chest sticking out from the chest whereas in the movie (and V1) it's almost a smooth transition. so yes there are the ones that prefer V1
But yeah IMBD is in my eyes better in so many ways

sold my original mark III to get me the BD Exclusive , i'm still waiting for Sideshow to ship but i'm pretty sure i won't be diasppointed by this figure

Trying to figure out which Hot Toys Iron Man Mark III to buy. I was told the original looks closer to the movie than the new battle damage.
To be frank, they're both so inaccurate that to opt for the original figure because it's 5% less inaccurate than the other figure would be silly IMO. The paint job on the battle-damaged figure is reason alone to make it the one to get; he has such a great presence, although I imagine I would have appreciated it far less had I not first owned the very flat, very plastic-looking original figure. Then, all of the additional features of the battle-damaged figure make it one of the best bang-for-the-buck figures that Hot Toys has ever sold, in my opinion.

You can see my photos here and here.

The finish on the battle damaged figure makes it no comparison, the original figure looks terrible, really bad, especially when you've seen the two together.

The finish on the battle damaged figure makes it no comparison, the original figure looks terrible, really bad, especially when you've seen the two together.
Yup. Side by side, if someone asked me to guess how much the original figure must have cost I would say at least half as much as the battle-damaged version; it just looks cheap in comparison.

While the BD is undeniably cool, I'm a sucker for screen accuracy. Some list the original's maroon color and matte finish as negatives, but see

iron_man.jpg

VS

dpp006.jpg

The maroon color and more matte finish, in addition to the body proportions, make it a keeper for me. If you're a stickler for accuracy I would go with V1.

Does anyone any place you can still pre-order or buy this figure for a reasonable price? :) THANKS

It has been show in the IMBD thread that nowhere in the movie is the color maroon. The color in this promo shot is simply wrong. Also would it never look like it's the color is plastic which the V1 sadly is. Of HT had at least painted this maroon color on it would hve been more acceptable but as is it looks like very plastic

Back