Hot Toys Making The Matrix?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which Hot Toys Matrix DX?

• Neo with lobby scene, real world and/or kung-fu outfits

Votes: 43 63.2%
  • Neo with Reloaded and real world outfits

Votes: 13 19.1%
  • Trinity with Matrix and real world outfits

Votes: 3 4.4%
  • Morpheus with Matrix, real world and/or kung-fu outfits

Votes: 3 4.4%
  • Agent Smith with Matrix and Bane outfits/heads

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • The Twins (nuff said!)

Votes: 4 5.9%

• Total voters
3732609510_41285098c4_o.jpg

Except for the dish that thing looks exaclty like the McFarlane one. I guess McFarlane did a fine damn job, didn't they. Unless this is 1/6, I'm calling copy cat on it and saving the $250+ this will likely be compared with McF's $40 version. And if you look at the claw just below the dish you can see that those claws fall off just like the McFarlane ones do.

Meh. Wake me when they do 1/6 Neo and Smith.

Being a huge Matrix fan, I have the crappy N2 toys Neo and Trinity and they suck @$$! I know Hot Toys would make some killer versions of The Matrix characters!!!

From the earlier discussion here is the original Hot Toys Neo figure... and an extra shot of the box. Pretty hilarious that it is completely generic and doesn't even mention a movie affiliation.

These aren't the original glasses, but you can see them at his feet.

sellm.jpg

selln.jpg

How old is that? It still looks pretty decent. For the longest time I've been trying to hunt one down to mix and match parts for my own kitbash. It never came to fruition, but I guess now if HT's Matrix announcement results in 1/6 figures I won't have to hunt anymore.

I think he's around 10 years old... although I can't be 100% sure on that. I purchased him about 5 or 6 years ago and he'd already been out for awhile.

And a bit of a shameless plug, just listed him on eBay :lol
Hot Toys Neo

Wow you should PM Plasmid about it :D

:D I'm sure there are folks out there who really want to own an early HT figure for hardcore completists. I'm sure he'll get more from it if he puts it on ebay. Me, I'm going to see what HT has up their sleeve now.

I always liked that piece.

Well I had til now satisfied my Matrix fix with the McFarlane pieces.. so this is a welcome surprise and something to look forward to.

Eh, don't want to be that pushy :lol

I actually don't know what it will sell for... kind of curious myself. I paid around $100 for it, but at the time it was one of the better 1/6 out there. Now its somewhat dated, but be interested to see how the nostalgia factor plays into it.

Are we likely to see any real news on this anymore?

I thought there was some kind of toy show going on in Asia we were waiting on or something???

I'm hoping Lobby Neo is favorable because of the ammount of weaponry he has versus other appearances. After the first film, Neo never really was armed, it was mostly kung fu and other fighting, occassionally taking a weapon from the locale, like the chateau fight.

But reloaded Neo would probably come with a variety of kung fu hands which many will buy just to get hold of the different hand types.

Are we likely to see any real news on this anymore?

I thought there was some kind of toy show going on in Asia we were waiting on or something???

All that was shown was a small scale Sentinel... seemed like a companion to the previously released ship.

Im really worried they won't do any figures. Theres gotta be some kinda hold up, or something. I mean why would they show a Sentinel first? What kinda company gets The Matrix License and than makes a Sentinel FIRST?! If they had Neo they would've shown Neo. Thats the money maker. You don't introduce a new franchise with a nameless drone enemy.They didn't start the Wolverine line Sabertooth :mad: Something is gong on:sick

Im really worried they won't do any figures. Theres gotta be some kinda hold up, or something. I mean why would they show a Sentinel first? What kinda company gets The Matrix License and than makes a Sentinel FIRST?! If they had Neo they would've shown Neo. Thats the money maker. You don't introduce a new franchise with a nameless drone enemy.They didn't start the Wolverine line Sabertooth :mad: Something is gong on:sick

They could just be creating hype, making a build up to a GOOD release. Look at their Watchmen line, who would have thought they'd start it with Silk Spectre?

They should have started with agent smith or somthing. This is like starting Watchmen line with the Nite Owl spaceship. Im not gonna buy that till I know theres figure to go with it. It seems they just made the Sentinel so it can latch on to that Spaceship ( which is cool I admit ) . But the DVD holder is their whole focus, like its all they have. Very odd :confused:

Also The Matrix would have made a better Viral campaign than Mars Attack, oh well maybe a white rabbit will show up on their website next :lol

Back