Hot Toys Justice League Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Makes perfect sense. MoS and BvS weren’t good, and JL doubles down on the same tone while also trying to be comedic. It’s not saying the previous ones were good, just that it doesn’t make sense to only partially move on. I would have preferred a consistently bad JL than the horrible mess we got.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I beg to differ....
MOS and BVS were amazing.......

I beg to differ....

You were in the vast minority that thought so.

I'm sure you did love it and have good reasons for doing so. But the majority of audiences; fans and general viewers alike; did not. The studios couldn't keep going on the same destructive path.

You were in the vast minority that thought so.

I'm sure you did love it and have good reasons for doing so. But the majority of audiences; fans and general viewers alike; did not. The studios couldn't keep going on the same destructive path.

I disagree. Also loved both MOS and BVS and prefer them over WW and JL. SS doesn’t even count movie beyond sucks.

No, if you enjoyed it, you're in the majority of audience members. For audience rating, CinemaScore gave it a B and RT has it at 63%. Not a vast minority at all.

No, if you enjoyed it, you're in the majority of audience members. For audience rating, CinemaScore gave it a B and RT has it at 63%. Not a vast minority at all.

Exactly and the ultimate cut has a higher rating than that. The RT score does not reflect the majority view. If majority means more than 50%, and last time I looked it did, then the majority like the movie. Certainly there is a very loud minority than hate it.

Exactly and the ultimate cut has a higher rating than that. The RT score does not reflect the majority view. If majority means more than 50%, and last time I looked it did, then the majority like the movie. Certainly there is a very loud minority than hate it.

WB wouldn't have completely reevaluated the direction of the franchise and ordered massive tonal shifts for a "vocal minority".

If you like these films than that is fine, no one is saying you can't. But you also have to recognize the reality that a very large percentage of people did not. Critics and audiences alike tore these films apart. And the reviews and box office earnings speak for themselves.

You can't blame this on some ridiculous Marvel conspiracy nor fault WB for not sticking to a vision people just weren't responding to. If the films were doing fine and were being received well than the studios would be pressing ahead. But they aren't. This crosses beyond simple opinion of the movie and is pretty much a fact.

And last time I looked, 63% was a D-

Last edited:
I beg to differ....

I think thats what got me most about justice league,
I thought man of steel was a perfect interpretation of superman.
It was really relevant to “our time”.
I loved the casting and cinematography.
It’s a film I can watch again& again.
I know lots will disagree.

You can see they took notice of batman begins.
Bvs was okay but was too early and should have been 2 films with a solo batman film before it.
Justice league just forgot about all that & went completely off what had been laid out before.
I wanted to like justice league-but it’s so obviously just trying to tick boxes for audience pleasing it’s pathetic.
I think Ben Afflecks a great batman & I know he’s a massive batman fan but I can see why he would want to walk away from it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Might be a D- in school, but it's winning an election in politics. No matter what, it's not a vast minority. You say others have to recognize that a very large percentage of people did not like it. Maybe you should take your own advice and recognize that a very large percentage of people do like these movies.

If they were doing so great, why are critics tearing them apart? Why are the box office numbers so low? Why did WB order a complete tonal shift and now reevaluation of weather or not this franchise will even move forward?

If they were doing so great, why are critics tearing them apart? Why are the box office numbers so low? Why did WB order a complete tonal shift and now reevaluation of weather or not this franchise will even move forward?

If critics hated MoS and BvS so much because they weren't the way they wanted them to be, why is their main reason for hating JL because it wasn't enough like MoS and BvS?

As mentioned, sounds more damned if you do, damned if you don't to me. Criticisms seem inconsistent.

If they dislike a film that's fine, but at least be consistent with what your standards are going to be when judging a film. Don't keep moving the goal posts.

If critics hated MoS and BvS so much because they weren't the way they wanted them to be, why is their main reason for hating JL because it wasn't enough like MoS and BvS?

As mentioned, sounds more damned if you do, damned if you don't to me. Criticisms seem inconsistent.

Honestly I can't answer that, as my criticisms for Justice League don't match the critics.

I hated BvS and MoS for being inappropriately dark, too self-important without the tangible depth to justify it, and shallow characterization of the leads. BvS in particular reminded me alot of the film "Southland Tales"; a movie that wanted to be important because it was dark and brought up current issues, regardless of the fact that it never explored them in any meaningful way.

I just found Justice League to be boring honestly with a lame villian that made a point to remind you of his second-tier status and mediocre story.

Last edited:
Honestly I can't answer that, as my criticisms for Justice League don't match the critics.

I hated BvS and MoS for being inappropriately dark, too self-important without the tangible depth to justify it, and shallow characterization of the leads.

I just found Justice League to be boring honestly with a lame villian that made a point to remind you of his second-tier status and mediocre story.

No worries. My opinion would differ from yours, in the sense where I loved MoS and BvS because I liked the tone of the films. I thought both had much more tangible depth than at least any modern day superhero film and both were palatable for my taste.

Even though I immensely enjoyed JL, it's probably why I still like MoS and BvS better because WB switched up the tone a bit just to pander to the critics, which they're seemingly never going to please because the goal posts keep moving.

Critics like the Ghostbusters remake and Superman Returns so I find it hard to take most of them seriously. Sadly that RT score does effect the box office but even that has been underwhelming rather than terrible.

The tonal shift was planned by Snyder long before BvS even released so I don't buy it was all ordered. It's obvious if you watch that movie it set's up Batman's redemption and the return of hope through Superman's. They did add more jokes, no doubt trying to replicate some of Marvel's formula, and brightened the colours but I suspect those are the only things Snyder wasn't doing already.

I hope someday we do get Snyder's full version. Critics will hate it of course but fans of MoS and BvS will probably be much happier.

Really wondering the delay on announcing this and the rest of the HT JL figures....

Selfishly I wouldn't mind if they don't show up until after Christmas. Not the best time of year for laying down more deposits. :lol

But a good time of year to convince yourself that a deposit is a good Christmas present..... Can deal with the remaining cost next year :)

No worries. My opinion would differ from yours, in the sense where I loved MoS and BvS because I liked the tone of the films. I thought both had much more tangible depth than at least any modern day superhero film and both were palatable for my taste.

Even though I immensely enjoyed JL, it's probably why I still like MoS and BvS better because WB switched up the tone a bit just to pander to the critics, which they're seemingly never going to please because the goal posts keep moving.

And that's great man. If you loved these films than awesome. Hell, quite a number of my favorite films were torn apart by critics.

I just am addressing the people that thought they should have stuck to the path set forth in the early films for the sake of tonal consistency, even though it was clear that audiences and critics just weren't digging it.

Back