Hot Toys Justice League Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Going through all the DC films again after going through all of Marvels. Just watched Man of Steel last night, it's really epic. I can understand why some people don't like it. But it is thoroughly made form the stand point of him not being Superman in the film, very firmly his origin in his ideals, who he is, his place. I really disliked the character before this film. I hate the early 1900's Americana dream of someone just being so innately good and always easily doing the right thing.

I liked the take of someone knowing he doesn't fit in or belong and being treated unfairly CHOOSING to still be better and to do good. I take Zods death more as a symbol of Kal-El choosing humanity over his native Kryptonian birth, fulfilling his dads wish in saying that they had their chance.

Also the action really holds up, still probably the best action in a superhero films to date. On to BvS next!

Also sidenote, Snyder loves his dream sequences, I forgot about the standing on the skulls of the planet sequence. Michael Shannon killed it as Zod.

Yep excellent movie. As rumoured, I hope we get more "dream type sequence" with Knightmare Batman in the Snyder Cut. I want a new Hot Toys Knightmare Bats :)

One additional point, I do just love how Zach shoots films too. They look beautiful on screen.

They're beautiful. This film is simply beautiful. The score is outstanding and lends such a grand space opera quality to it. Henry Cavill is fantastic. They really need to get him back and just lighten his tone a couple of notches and they have a winner.

Going to watch BvS tonight, excited for it. Absolutely hyped for the Snyder cut. I don't much care for what people say about the content of his films, but his style and vision and cinematic eye for detail are pretty much second to none. Great casting choices and just seems a really passionate and great director to work for. I'm hoping his real vision for JL will put things back on track. He just needs to have really nailed Superman down for it all to come together, really hoping it works out commercially and that something with him and Affleck can come from it.

No, it?s torn there where the cape attaches to the suit. Sucks.

**** totally missed that! Ur seam looks a bit weird too tho.
Sideshow are usually pretty solid at getting replacements at least.
Mine arrived Wednesday & my light up head wouldn?t light up at all, tried everything.
They sent me out a replacement head yesterday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B9A1FCE6-135B-46F6-AF41-C2487DF430BF.jpg23B2A872-8C38-47B8-B4FF-1F355DAC0D92.jpg32155984-D00B-4102-A094-082CFCAF7531.jpgA8F6AD5F-D4B7-4F9F-AC28-B38E3B96BA18.jpg

Last edited:
I'd thought a few people here had a larger shield they received after the initial batch released. They must be far less common than I imagined.

Is this the larger or smaller size insignia? I love the look of it either way. About 45mm at the widest point.

Attachments

• IMG_0185.jpg
    IMG_0185.jpg
    749.3 KB · Views: 145
They're beautiful. This film is simply beautiful. The score is outstanding and lends such a grand space opera quality to it. Henry Cavill is fantastic. They really need to get him back and just lighten his tone a couple of notches and they have a winner.

Going to watch BvS tonight, excited for it. Absolutely hyped for the Snyder cut. I don't much care for what people say about the content of his films, but his style and vision and cinematic eye for detail are pretty much second to none. Great casting choices and just seems a really passionate and great director to work for. I'm hoping his real vision for JL will put things back on track. He just needs to have really nailed Superman down for it all to come together, really hoping it works out commercially and that something with him and Affleck can come from it.

Awesome. Just in terms of pure cinematography, that alone, you're in for a tremendous treat. Much, much, more than that of course. But just sayin' that it's so gorgeous even just to look at. Shot after shot are like painterly works of art. Seriously.

And BvS's score is equally good to MoS. Maybe even better.

You probably know already but if not, just make sure it's the Ultimate Edition versus theatrical cut! 3:01 runtime versus 2:31.

Awesome. Just in terms of pure cinematography, that alone, you're in for a tremendous treat. Much, much, more than that of course. But just sayin' that it's so gorgeous even just to look at. Shot after shot are like painterly works of art. Seriously.

And BvS's score is equally good to MoS. Maybe even better.

You probably know already but if not, just make sure it's the Ultimate Edition versus theatrical cut! 3:01 runtime versus 2:31.

Just watched the ultimate cut yesterday for the second time. That opening is phenomenal, it really does set a great precedent for why Batman is hellbent on finding a way to stop Superman, it works perfectly. The score once again and the cinematography is beautiful. The introduction to Batman I loved just as much. I don't find it as astonishing as Man of Steel, however.

I think the opening coinciding with the events of Man of Steel was incredible and really shone a light on Afflecks Batman running headfirst into the danger, and that thousand yard stare he gives holding the little girl is haunting. It sets up his determination very well.

Buuuuut, the storyline for trying to figure a way for Superman to be shown in a bad light and to want to fight Batman via Clarks', Lex' and Lois' stories is too convoluted and meandering. It is way too long to get to the bit we all want which is for them to fight. I don't think it flowed as much as Man of Steel. Definitely not as much as Endgame flowed for a similar timed film. Still very good overall, onto Suicide Squad next, which I fell into the hype and really enjoyed a tonne back in 16, don't @ me. :rotfl

Regarding this Justice league version of Superman... I've got what some will probably consider to be a dumb question.

Is this outfit... The brighter blue with a silver undertones... part of Zach's vision or a Whedon addition?

I'm very interested in a black suit Superman from Zack's version but I'd only want this one if I knew it was also part of what he intended and not a Whedon addition.

Anybody know?

Regarding this Justice league version of Superman... I've got what some will probably consider to be a dumb question.

Is this outfit... The brighter blue with a silver undertones... part of Zach's vision or a Whedon addition?

I'm very interested in a black suit Superman from Zack's version but I'd only want this one if I knew it was also part of what he intended and not a Whedon addition.

Anybody know?

This is what I've heard discussed by YT channels that have been following the Snyder cut for a long time:

The chrome layer was Zack's idea. But he had done it originally with the intention to make a black version of the suit pop more. He realized after watching the black Kryptonian suits in MoS that they'd be more dynamic visually if there was a chrome layer underneath. Such a black suit was designed by Michael Wilkinson. Zack shot some screen tests of Henry in the suit for JL, or maybe even some actual footage with him wearing it.

Geoff Johns however insisted that they use the blue and red suit in keeping with the 'hope and optimism' course correction route in reaction to critics trashing BvS. But Zack always planned to recolor it to black and silver in his director's cut.

And the true color of the JL suit I think is actually captured by Hot Toys. It's interesting how well it works for the figure. The chrome is subtle and feels organic to the suit. The suit really does have an amazing luster. In the film Whedon changed the color grading and as a result that beautiful saturated blue looks more green-ish, a sort of turquoise. Also, Whedon's lighting makes the chrome layer look very pronounced and it stands out as artificial looking.

Just my opinion, but I think Whedon's cut makes the suit look terrible.

In the scenes of Superman we know that were shot by Zack Henry's hair looks good. In the scenes shot by Whedon it lays on his head all sort of lumpy-like. A lot of HT collectors wanted his hair to be movie accurate, but thank goodness it wasn't. Because Henry's hair is going to look a hell of a lot better in ZSJL.

I mean, obviously mustache-gate was a disaster. But that notwithstanding, I think Whedon absolutely butchered Superman.

Edit: lol well, alrighty then about my prediction about the scene with Alfred meeting Superman. :eek: never mind :) Although we'll see what the dialogue is in time.

The storyline for trying to figure a way for Superman to be shown in a bad light and to want to fight Batman via Clarks', Lex' and Lois' stories is too convoluted and meandering. It is way too long to get to the bit we all want which is for them to fight.

If you're expecting the standard sort of linear construction, I can understand such a complaint. I don't think it's that sort of film though. It's not conventional at all. It reminds me more of the storytelling approach that Kubrick uses in 2001: A Space Odyssey. Or to some degree Blade Runner. Anyway, the film demands a bit of work for you to make sense of it. It's designed to be rewatched. I think it's more of a right brain, dream-like experience that steeped with visual symbolism than a linear left brain narrative.

I'm used to getting grief for even proposing that because it sounds like it's making excuses for poorly constructed narrative. But right in the opening sequence... a dream, mind you... with poetic narration... you see the film Excalibur referenced. You'd be hard pressed to find a film chockful of dream-like sybolism.

2001 is actually referenced as well: Lex's tee-shirt when he meets the senators. I suspect Lex's walk through the airlock into the giant hangar with the scout ship is a nod to 2001 also. The monument to the Black Zero event uses monolith-like slabs.

Anybody know?

In addition to Alatars excellent sum up.

In my head canon, which does not account for "Josstice League" at all (that didn't happen).

I see this brighter suit as the final suit Superman would have worn more towards the end of his arc. Whether we will actually see that is still open. I really hope we do. But if not, my way of thinking is that we have the HT figure for it already. So a Black Suit Supes will fit in between if you will.

Purely from a Justice League display point of view, I think it looks better to have the "classic" Blue + Red suit of course.

But this is why I am really hoping that Hot Toys does both the Black Suit Superman and a re-release of Nightmare Batman for the Snyder Cut early next year. Just so they can be paired together in a display as two darker figures.

Otherwise it'll be just a Black Suit Superman off to one side somewhere.

Something like this would look great I reckon.

Screenshot 2020-07-24 at 19.07.06.jpg

It's hard to imagine a re release of knightmare since it was a toy fair exclusive. Maybe if they updated him like they're doing with avengers 1 Cap. Maybe give him a better coat, new BW Head and possibly a sick base with background are some things that come to mind. But who knows of we will even be seeing him pop up in the new movie. Everytime we think we know facts, new facts come out to contradict them. I'm still half on the fence that this will even all happen. I dont think I'll believe it till 5 mins before end credits start!!!

Anyway, the biggest mystery that I would love solved is the emblem . I wanted the fatter S from the proto pics and then when we got him, it was more narrow. So, I thought that they were ALL like this. But I keep seeing the fat S pop up and I'm struggling to fight myself on buying another in Hope's of getting one.. theres nothing wrong with the "normal" version, I just wanted the fat one because I missed the BvS release and it was identical minus the d.blue. is this eating at anyone else?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Back