Hot Toys Justice League Cyborg

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I spent a good 20 minutes applying as much pressure as I could muster while also fiddling with angle of pressure, etc., and it just would not catch. For that compartment it worked out fine, though, because the backplate holds everything together, and the head doesn’t get radical poses, etc.
Have you tested if the screw will go in without the compartment cover on?

Nice to have the team finally complete, just as all the actors are being recast.

IMG_2598.jpg

Got my invoice today from One Sixth Kit for the Youngrich Cyborg accessories pack. When I get it I’ll post some pics of the figure with accessories.

Same. Probably only using the cape and motherbox.

Honestly, it was an impulse buy when I was psyched about getting the figure. Now many months after the fact it's feeling debatable to me whether it'll end up being a waste of money. I found a decent enough poncho for him already.

The container for the mother box is okay, but it'd be so much better to have the actual mother box itself.

Actually, I do have a STL file for an activated 1/6 mother box. The problem is that the box consists of three different parts within the same file. Several months ago I tried to have it printed by Craftcloud, but they said each part needs to be printed separately. So I need to break it up into a separate file for each piece. Not sure how to do that!

But I'm working with someone currently for my Baldur's Gate series of kitbash figures who designs head sculpts and prints in 8K. I may ask him to figure out how to print this for me.

cyborg activated mother box STL.png

My plan is to put a LED light inside it operated by a WiFi a remote control. And to paint it a metallic charcoal color.

Honestly, it was an impulse buy when I was psyched about getting the figure. Now many months after the fact it's feeling debatable to me whether it'll end up being a waste of money. I found a decent enough poncho for him already.

The container for the mother box is okay, but it'd be so much better to have the actual mother box itself.

Actually, I do have a STL file for an activated 1/6 mother box. The problem is that the box consists of three different parts within the same file. Several months ago I tried to have it printed by Craftcloud, but they said each part needs to be printed separately. So I need to break it up into a separate file for each piece. Not sure how to do that!

But I'm working with someone currently for my Baldur's Gate series of kitbash figures who designs head sculpts and prints in 8K. I may ask him to figure out how to print this for me.

View attachment 670943

My plan is to put a LED light inside it operated by a WiFi a remote control. And to paint it a metallic charcoal color.
That sounds like it will be very cool!

View attachment 670943

Again, same here. I have the poncho that looks good enough and a gun. Oh well, at least it's not a figure that coming I'm meh about. That motherbox looks like the one that came with the MarcoArt Steppenwolf. What is the middle upright piece for?

Again, same here. I have the poncho that looks good enough and a gun. Oh well, at least it's not a figure that coming I'm meh about. That motherbox looks like the one that came with the MarcoArt Steppenwolf. What is the middle upright piece for?

My guess is it acts like a pin to hold the bottom piece in?

The Steppenwolf one just has tape holding what you call the bottom piece on top and it flips up like a lid.

I found this about 2 years ago at a site where 3D artists freely share files for various designs with each other. It was in 1/12 scale, so I doubled the size to make it 1/6.

Received the Youngrich Cyborg accessories pack today. It actually looks better than I was expecting from the promo pics. Here’s just a quick unboxing. I plan to do a shoot with the accessories on Friday. Just a few quick hot-takes:

1) The machine gun looks detailed and convincing and has some pretty good weathering effects applied to it. Unclear how to mount it on his shoulder, there’s no instructions.

2) The cape has tears and tatters but zero dirt! I’ll be applying Vallejo weathering powder to it for sure. It has two magnetic clasps at the neck area. It has very thin wires inside the two front edges.

3) The tailoring for the jogging suit looks fairly good.

B1AF293F-E744-4076-B7D1-FD1EC29F5F4D.jpeg

BB76D172-4650-4AFF-91B0-743A26AAC4F4.jpeg

95763BCB-AA41-4FD1-B8F4-BD256124C39B.jpeg

0ACE5E98-69B7-4A8B-A48F-020E41E5755D.jpeg

26BE1064-6E87-43AC-8E1A-35EBB4663AFA.jpeg

Edit: Oops! I missed this part that is buried in a small compartment in the foam packing!

IMG_1263.jpeg

Last edited:
Received the Youngrich Cyborg accessories pack today. It actually looks better than I was expecting from the promo pics. Here’s just a quick unboxing. I plan to do a shoot with the accessories on Friday. Just a few quick hot-takes:

1) The machine gun looks detailed and convincing and has some pretty good weathering effects applied to it. Unclear how to mount it on his shoulder, there’s no instructions.

2) The cape has tears and tatters but zero dirt! I’ll be applying Vallejo weathering powder to it for sure. It has two magnetic clasps at the neck area. It has very thin wires inside the two front edges.

3) The tailoring for the jogging suit looks fairly good.

View attachment 672237
View attachment 672239
View attachment 672240
View attachment 672241
View attachment 672242

Edit: Oops! I missed this part that is buried in a small compartment in the foam packing!

View attachment 672301
I ended up cancelling mine. Looks good though!
The extra arms hold the gun. Handle in one hand and ammo box in the other.
PXL_20230530_104651336.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL.jpg

I ended up cancelling mine. Looks good though!
The extra arms hold the gun. Handle in one hand and ammo box in the other.View attachment 672324

Thanks I appreciate this feedback. Looking at the scene in the film and seeing how the gun, ammo box, and ammo belt are displayed in the Youngrich add…

B46DBEB2-2F40-4FD6-A454-CE8AA2225001.jpeg

this is the pose I’ll be going for when I start taking pics this afternoon:

95570908-0DA4-41A5-A026-2BCECDE2EEB0.png

The cape doesn't drape too great out right out of the bag. To drape more naturally I'd expect that it needs to be soaked in water with a few drops of fabric softener. Also, as mentioned it needs further weathering with dirt/dust powder. I doubt I'll go to all that trouble though, lol. I'm satisfied with the pics I got.

The ammo strip accessory isn't long enough to reach the machine gun if he's holding it on the opposite side that the gun is on, as in the movie. So I positioned his second/rear left arm so that the hand is on the same side as the gun.

Last edited:
You know, now that I think about it, Cyborg having a minigun, to stop Superman, is really stupid.

So can the light bleed through the sweats?

Last edited:
You know, now that I think about it, Cyborg having a minigun, to stop Superman, is really stupid.

So can the light bleed through the sweats?
I don't think it is to stop Superman. I think it is for general use against everyone they might encounter and at the very least to make it less easy for Superman. If Cyborg has the option to add a minigun that can fire at least 50 rounds a second he might as well use it. It's purely about surviving long enough to send Barry back.

Back