Hot Toys Justice League Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the input. I did try to be fair with Hot Toys and pose the cape. However due to the fact that the body has been modified, it doesn't sit well on the body. I simply wasn't able to pose it the way the bloggers posed it. And since I didn't push the cowl all the way down, I wasn't able to flip the cowl pleats. I've tried to pose it several times, I simply couldn't get it right. So really there was no intention to make the original cape look bad.

NOTE: the second after I opened the box, I mod it right away.

Great review and thanks a lot for the mods!

The only thing I really don't like in the video is that I think you're intentionally displaying the Hot Toys cape to look as crap as it can look, with it splayed out all the way when he's standing and making it look all frumpy and to not drape at all. There's numerous reviews where it does drape properly with some even saying there's absolutely no need for a custom cape. When you look at 12:51 to the change in cape at 12:52 it's most apparent this is the case.

I understand why, you want to make your capes look better, but as a video labelled as a review, you putting Hot Toys cape on in such an overt shoddy manner is a bit unfair.

Again, I just want to emphasise it was a great review and it's greatly appreciated by many, I just heavily feel the Hot Toys cape was intentionally displayed to look awful.

People using extenders on this? The scale of the regular fig is already in the 6'6" range (so already too tall)... with extenders he'd be above 6'8"!

People using extenders on this? The scale of the regular fig is already in the 6'6" range (so already too tall)... with extenders he'd be above 6'8"!

FYI, the extenders I purchased from One Sixth Kit for JL Tac Bats did not noticeably increase height. They just slightly de-stumpified the look of the legs.

The photography and video of this figure thus far has me still ambivalent about it. The egg shape of the cowl I still don't care for. But the greater definition in the neck does look good however. Will I eventually be able to look past the egg shape? Maybe. Anyway, I'm not sold on the cowl for this one. Not yet anyway.

I think I like the musculature of BvS Batman better, despite most reviewers saying they prefer this new figure in that aspect. Looking at the comparison videos I've seen thus far I'm actually surprised anyone would like the musculature for the JL figure more.

This new suit looks like it has a sheen on it, and I don't know what to make of that but I know that I love the more matte finish on BvS Bats' suit. Also hearing that there is a hint of blue in the JL suit, which would be fine to set it apart. But damn, that BvS suit was just about damn near perfect imo, so...

I use custom capes for my BvS Batfleck, and have several, so whether the stock cape on JL Batman is good or bad isn't really an issue for me.

I already have the excellent Eleven Bruce Wayne head sculpt, which I'm very happy with. Cost me $25. It looks age appropriate to the films. I don't really need the younger looking HT one. Not sure I will prefer the new younger looking one to the older looking one I already have, honestly.

I still may get this figure but I'm not quite sold on it yet based on what I'm seeing thus far...

Anyone own this and the bvs version. How do they stack up compared to each other? Worth replacing bvs with this. Don't really have the room to have both of them...

Anyone own this and the bvs version. How do they stack up compared to each other? Worth replacing bvs with this. Don't really have the room to have both of them...

08b5d92dd13e4d64e224949b5838a372.jpg
c02c1dcabf1865019a68ce01b7535903.jpg

i put up a few photos last wk when I got mine.
I wouldn?t replace my bvs for it but it?s a great figure too & a nice evolution to the bvs armour

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9c433ac4ec3a79c5862b679b6255aa42.jpg

Don?t think the heads very egg shaped either

Hope this Bats finally shows up, cause 2 years waiting for it is excessively long. Is HT getting weak?
Hope? It's already released from n Hong Kong. It'll hit NA retailers in 6-8 weeks like every other release.

I'm not sure what "getting weak" means, but this figure was obviously delayed because Hot Toys prioritized the production of Infinity War figures, no doubt because they expected the IW line to be more profitable than the JL line. Manufacturing resources are limited.

Ultimately, I would rather wait two years for a figure and get something that looks perfect, like this figure does, than have the opportunity to get a worse figure early. If you look at the D23 exclusive Cap, you see what you get when a release is rushed.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

I still think the BvS suit(especially the SS figure) is king but this is a nice addition to. I'm looking forward to seeing it in hand but long term it may get sold on whereas my SS Batman will never leave the collection.

I still think the BvS suit(especially the SS figure) is king but this is a nice addition to. I'm looking forward to seeing it in hand but long term it may get sold on whereas my SS Batman will never leave the collection.

Ditto sj2106's sentiments. And for me, the Batman performance in BvS is something that makes the BvS figure special for me. I'll never part with that figure. Hopefully I'll feel similar one day with the JL Snyder cut.

But anyway, I have to say, at some angles the cowl on this figure looks awesome. And the thin neck is a solvable problem:

I watched Lucky's (i.e., Lucky of Unreal Toys) modding tips video and... when... I eventually get this JL figure I will at least mod the neck to widen it slightly as Lucky shows. I don't think I'll bother widening the pecs and lats, though. What with this figure's quads being less muscular and more movie accurate (Ben evidently hates leg day), I think with this JL version I'd rather have a more slimmed down version of Batfleck anyway. The choice to make his Bruce Wayne head sculpt looking younger is odd, and I still think I like the more age accurate Eleven sculpt better from the videos I've seen thus far. But this figure also allows us to imagine Batfleck as a younger Batman, and that's actually also kind of neat.

Maybe it's just vanity on the actors part. They give approval to a younger looking version of themselves but maybe not an old grisseled version. [emoji23]

Nah totally making this up. But who knows perhaps HT have seen this issue with approval before and automatically do a slightly younger interpretation just to make approval easier ?? Who knows.

Anyone got unreal toys' bvs capes? I plan to get one from him but I don't like how it folds inward. It seems like the cape's thin and it doesn't drape like an actual thick cape should be or am I wrong?

70766345_10220471367636184_6803367916445106176_o.jpg

You are wrong, it folds as a cape should.
I have one of these capes and they have the right thickness for the scale.

Anyone got unreal toys' bvs capes? I plan to get one from him but I don't like how it folds inward. It seems like the cape's thin and it doesn't drape like an actual thick cape should be or am I wrong?

View attachment 465888

I have the concept drape cape by Lucky, and it's quite long and rather thin, but it does drape beautifully. It's not weathered in any way. I think the idea behind it is like in the comics sometimes Batman's cape is unrealistically large to show it dramatically swirling and billowing for artistic effect. I've toyed with the idea of cutting it down, actually.

Some time ago Lucky promised to send me the movie accurate standard BvS cape, which does have dirt and weathering on it, but he never got around to it. (It was just a favor to be fair!) I think I would get that one over the concept art drape cape. Because for that style of cape if you wished you could go to a fabric shop, find a suitable fabric, cut it into a V shape, and make a slit to fit over the head peg, and then cut the bottom of it jaggedly to give it a worn appearance.* I think the movie accurate one would give you more of Lucky's skills. With that one he's added the dirt to the bottom, etc. From the photos it does indeed look like what Batman wore in the film.

And speaking of his skills: the double-sided wired cape for Batman is sensational! Imo that's just an amazing accessory.

*Then of course you're going through a bit of trial and error to find the right fabric, and spending time shopping for it, buying enough of it, and getting the dimensions right to make your cuts, etc. So the concept drape cape is still a solid buy.

I think Justin minimizes that in the film the neck does look broader--and then the head looks less egg shaped--than the figure. But there's an easy modification to fix that (see the Unreal Toys modding video), so not a problem. In the last comparison shot in this video you can see more musculature in the quads which the figure is missing. If you watch Lucky's video for this figure one can imagine a fix for it but it probably would not look as good as if HT had incorporated it into the padding beneath the fabric. And I agree with Justin that the Bat symbol should have been painted darker to stand out more. Maybe if Lucky continues to tinker with the figure we'll see quads and chest Bat logo modded as well:

Back