Hot Toys Justice League Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I’m hand, might change your mind. Lately the big neck has been less aesthetically pleasing. Even tho at first it was preferred. The abs on the bvs is way better than these less natural looking abs on the jl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Damn! Why would you sell the SS Bats? I dont this version topping it, the suit just isn't as good.

I think it's good, both of them, but the legs are really bad imo and the body isn't that close to how it is in the film. It's a good representation, and although the BvS/SS is far better than JL suit, I'm hoping that the tailering and body build will be a far better quality and jump in closeness than what they were. Also I'm hoping it'll put into affect a cosmic push into them making a BvS 1/4 which I still won't stop going on about, especially after them doing it for Spiderman :')

He is right. Let's be honest. We are getting JL Bars only for Affleck sculpt. And maybe that badass base.

That's why I got the Eleven Batfleck head sculpt, after watching the video of Keyboard Warriors putting it on Tac Suit Bats (here).

But remember how horrible the BvS Batman prototype photos looked with his baggy suit? I don't care for the proptype pics for this one either. And I don't have this figure on order. But I won't be at all surprised if in hand the actual figure is yet again another home run. I'm just waiting to see how it is reviewed. I have faith that it's going to be a great figure.

This video gives me hope that despite what are to my eye downright bad looking (well, most of them anyway) prototype photos from Hot Toys, the actual figure in hand may end up being a must-have for Batfleck collectors.

Let's presume that the Prime One 1/4 statue showcased below is a faithful reproduction of the character in the film. The JL standard Batman suit (mainly were talking the cowl) actually looks damn good. At the end there's even a comparison of this statue with Prime One's 1/4 statue BvS standard Batman.

The thicker neck for BvS Batman was apparently to make him look more like a beast, more intimidating and menacing. And in BvS he's a brawler. Whereas I think in JL they wanted to show him as more of an agile fighter.

I wish Hot Toys made the grey as light as Prime 1 do. It's my one critique of the HT Batflecks, the grey is too dark to allow the black parts to really pop.

This video gives me hope that despite what are to my eye downright bad looking (well, most of them anyway) prototype photos from Hot Toys, the actual figure in hand may end up being a must-have for Batfleck collectors.

Let's presume that the Prime One 1/4 statue showcased below is a faithful reproduction of the character in the film. The JL standard Batman suit (mainly were talking the cowl) actually looks damn good. At the end there's even a comparison of this statue with Prime One's 1/4 statue BvS standard Batman.

The thicker neck for BvS Batman was apparently to make him look more like a beast, more intimidating and menacing. And in BvS he's a brawler. Whereas I think in JL they wanted to show him as more of an agile fighter.

Thanks for the video Alatar. Gotta say I admire the passion that statue collectors have. So expensive for a non-poseable figure.

But yes, I have the exact same feeling when I look at the Hot Toys JL Batman. It just doesn't look right. Really hope they are making some modifications.

P.S Totally agree with this guys comments at the start about the state of DC. Who were the people who hated so much on BvS (Ext. cut) and MoS anyway ? Fans or just the public ?

I loved it for it's thoughtful take on serious topics. Yes it was dark, but that's fine for DC imo. Just seems strange. Perhaps it was the theatrical version which didn't cut it for BvS ?

Thanks for the video Alatar. Gotta say I admire the passion that statue collectors have. So expensive for a non-poseable figure.

But yes, I have the exact same feeling when I look at the Hot Toys JL Batman. It just doesn't look right. Really hope they are making some modifications.

P.S Totally agree with this guys comments at the start about the state of DC. Who were the people who hated so much on BvS (Ext. cut) and MoS anyway ? Fans or just the public ?

I loved it for it's thoughtful take on serious topics. Yes it was dark, but that's fine for DC imo. Just seems strange. Perhaps it was the theatrical version which didn't cut it for BvS ?

I think it was a combination of 1) it was a Watchmen-style deconstruction (Snyder explicitly said he was doing just that--i.e., applying the same project of Watchmen to Superman and Batman--in a WSJ interview that was published on opening weekend)... which I suspect many critics didn't even grasp... and 2) Lex Luthor is just so weird, creepy, and offbeat... that the result was something too non-traditional for many to tolerate.

The pure shock of what this film does artistically and at philosophical meta-levels I think get translated into "poor execution," "Snyder doesn't get what makes the character's tick," and "Snyder is a terrible storyteller who sucks at narrative structure," etc. There is typically no explanation, no shift in approach to understanding or appreciating the movie, that will satisfy people that see it that way. Imo they chafe against what this film did at its core even if they sometimes say they could have tolerated the same themes and aims of the story by some other director who if given the chance would "execute" it better.

I've had conversations with those that dislike the film where I have compared certain aspects of BvS's narrative structure and overall tone or mood to 2001: A Space Odyssey and Blade Runner and they completely deny that there was anything whatsoever challenging for the average GA viewer to those films regarding narrative structure and often how little exposition there was, i.e., where the viewer has to work a bit, and maybe require several viewings, in order to make sense of meanings that on first viewing may not be easy to follow. It's just outright denial.

BvS is going to continue to grow it's cult following over time, I am confident of that.

I think it was a combination of 1) it was a Watchmen-style deconstruction (Snyder explicitly said he was doing just that--i.e., applying the same project of Watchmen to Superman and Batman--in a WSJ interview that was published on opening weekend)... which I suspect many critics didn't even grasp... and 2) Lex Luthor is just so weird, creepy, and offbeat... that the result was something too non-traditional for many to tolerate.

The pure shock of what this film does artistically and at philosophical meta-levels I think get translated into "poor execution," "Snyder doesn't get what makes the character's tick," and "Snyder is a terrible storyteller who sucks at narrative structure," etc. There is typically no explanation, no shift in approach to understanding or appreciating the movie, that will satisfy people that see it that way. Imo they chafe against what this film did at its core even if they sometimes say they could have tolerated the same themes and aims of the story by some other director who if given the chance would "execute" it better.

I've had conversations with those that dislike the film where I have compared certain aspects of BvS's narrative structure and overall tone or mood to 2001: A Space Odyssey and Blade Runner and they completely deny that there was anything whatsoever challenging for the average GA viewer to those films regarding narrative structure and often how little exposition there was, i.e., where the viewer has to work a bit, and maybe require several viewings, in order to make sense of meanings that on first viewing may not be easy to follow. It's just outright denial.

BvS is going to continue to grow it's cult following over time, I am confident of that.

Totally agree- great insight!!! BvS WILL become respected in years to come as I have always maintained....

OK nice. I wasn't following the discussion so closely at that stage. But like i think I have mentioned, the depth and thought that went into it all was so good. Even stuff such as the bullet and apparent framing of Superman, to the "apple juice" in the cup, to putting him in that court house and blowing it up. Lex was one of the best bits I thought. Sure he was creepy and offbeat, but the craziness and intelligence behind it all was so good.

"The bell cannot be unrung".

"Creepy" isn't the word I'd use to describe Eisenberg's Lex. Let's just say I shed no tears when Eisenberg recently said he wasn't coming back.:lol

You can place the characters in very dark scenarios without completely deconstructing them. That's what Wonder Woman did so well and MoS got wrong in my opinion. Snyder tried too hard to make Superman more like Batman and never truly understood the character.

You can place the characters in very dark scenarios without completely deconstructing them. That's what Wonder Woman did so well and MoS got wrong in my opinion. Snyder tried too hard to make Superman more like Batman and never truly understood the character.

Why, because he had Superman kill Zod ? I think Mr Goody two shoes boyscout Superman was for a certain time (like the 50's). This is a more modern take for a more modern time. But that's just my opinion.

Batman, Superman and WW all took the same journey imo. Started out thinking that the world was sunshine and rainbows and that they were going to come in and help and all would be okay. Soon discovered that it was a bit more convoluted than that and that humans are fallible, and that despite their best efforts to help, bad things kept happening. Realized that the bad things that happen in the world aren’t their fault and that they can only do what they can, and that despite the bad in the world, there’s more good.

Even though DCEU is in shambles and was miles behind the way the MCU was able to bring everything together, I actually like the way the Trinity came together to form the JL as opposed to the way the Avengers were formed in the MCU. The latter felt kind of forced (Fury even saying they needed a push), whereas the Trinity all took different paths but faced the same trials and tribulations, then their paths met and they came together to fight for a common good based on having shared the same experiences. It felt like they all had skin in the game, so to speak, because they were sort of deconstructed and made vulnerable at first, then elevated.

Why, because he had Superman kill Zod ? I think Mr Goody two shoes boyscout Superman was for a certain time (like the 50's). This is a more modern take for a more modern time. But that's just my opinion.

Meanwhile, Captain America, another character people used to claim was "old-fashioned," has whooped Mr. Modern Superman's ass at the box office. :lol That's the problem: audiences are not opposed to a more classically heroic Superman, just as they were not automatically drawn to the darker more modern take. The tone is not the end all be all; the movie actually landing with people is.

Meanwhile, Captain America, another character people used to claim was "old-fashioned," has whooped Mr. Modern Superman's ass at the box office. :lol That's the problem: audiences are not opposed to a more classically heroic Superman, just as they were not automatically drawn to the darker more modern take. The tone is not the end all be all; the movie actually landing with people is.

That's exactly the point. I don't see them being much different personally.

So why the hate for this Superman at the box-office ???

Actually, MoS made more at the BO than TFA, BvS more than TWS, and CW was essentially Avengers 2.5, which included Iron Man. Cap is undoubtedly probably the second most popular character in the MCU, but I think Iron man also had a lot to do with the character’s success, and the dynamic of his relationship with Tony Stark.

Because people thought Cap's movies were good. That's really all it takes.

Actually, MoS made more at the BO than TFA, BvS more than TWS, and CW was essentially Avengers 2.5, which included Iron Man. Cap is undoubtedly probably the second most popular character in the MCU, but I think Iron man also had a lot to do with the character’s success, and the dynamic of his relationship with Tony Stark.

I was referring to TWS since in this context BVS and CW would both fit that same category of "It doesn't count because a popular character is bolstering views." I'd definitely say MCU Cap is more popular than DCEU Superman right now.

It also helps when you’re able to put together a cohesive universe, where that character’s personality plays perfectly off of the personalities of the other characters. DCEU wasn’t really able to put together a cohesive universe and have the characters all share the same relationships as MCU was able to do.

Superman being the old fashioned big blue Boy Scout alone wouldn’t have helped the DCEU with the larger problems it had as a universe.

That's what I'm saying about tone not being the problem, though, it's the end product. I guarantee if you got an Abrams Superman reboot movie out tomorrow, it'd honestly crush a billion. Or at least get close to it. And I say that as someone who is not crazy about the guy's work.

I agree about Cap, but I also think part of that has to do with him belonging to an overall more cohesive universe and how the character fit into it, and interacted with the other characters in it. When TFA was released, Evans’s portrayal was lukewarm if I recall correctly, and the film was seen as average. Much of DCEU’s early installments all outdid the MCU’s at the box office. MCU was able to perfectly pull everything together though which became evident in the first Avengers film, whereas the DCEU, wasn’t, because they hastily tried to cobble a working universe together without really knowing what exactly it was they wanted to do.

I think we’re essentially saying the same thing, because I’m also asserting that the tone of the characters isn’t the issue. It’s WB having their collective heads up their asses.

Personally, if it were me and everything was already planned, my personally DCEU movie slate would have looked something like this:

Phase One:

MoS (Villain: Zod)
BvS (Villains: Luthor, Doomsday)
WW (Villain: Ares)
Aquaman (Villain: Orm)
Justice League (Villain: Orm/Ocean Master

Phase Two:

MoS 2 (Villain: Brainiac)
Flash
SS
Batman (Villain: Deathstroke?)
WW 2
Justice League 2 (JL Dark)
Aquaman 2

Something along those lines. I think it would have been a bit cooler to have Aquaman join the JL after he was already anointed King of Atlantis, and with the way Orm left in Aquaman, have him come back as Ocean Master in JL, which is also the film where Superman gets resurrected, then immediately comes back for MoS 2 in the first film in Phase Two given how he essentially came full circle as a character at the end of JL.

Back