1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War - Thor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Despite the lack of change in appearance, I don't think Hot Toys will skip the Endgame Thor since he's such an important character. Which I would expect to come with a properly scaled Stormbreaker.

At which point I'd probably just switch the IW Thor to the pre-Nidavellir look and leave the fun size Stormbreaker in the box.

Think I'd do the same.. I've been tempted to buy two of the same figure before (Terminator Arnies), but I don't think I could buy a second copy of Infinity just to do it.. Give me Endgame and I'd have no problem, lol..

Saw this on Insta. The BT strmormbreaker really does complete this figure. Tho if HT does another figure for endgame with a proper accurate axe, id def try to get it parted out

53865751_156548625286834_2270619572565604376_n.jpg
52897001_266042937607387_8323782487989914351_n.jpg

Looks like the discs on his suit are silver instead of black, not sure if that would warrant a figure, just sayin'

Yeah, that’s enough for a new figure.

Silver arms, no swap out arms, no eye patches, new Stormbreaker, reuse the sculpt, and provide a new base, $279.

Would be a great figure. Probably 1 of atleast 2 Thor figures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you compare close ups of the entire chestplate from IW and EG, the center lining is slightly different in some places. The spaces for the discs are also slightly wider now. It looks horrible in my opinion but look under the top two discs. Look at the huge gap underneath them. First one didnt have that. There also seems to be a lot more hard edges near the shoulders. Also the flaps over his right shoulder looks sloppy. But it is in fact different. HT may just make it. His undershirt peaking out from his neck appears to be blue and not black this time too. Tho that may just be the lighting. All check marks for HT im sure lol

Twas' loud and forthright as Prince Hemsworth doth declared "No more wigs of flowing golden lock's !!" to his comrade Taika Waititi.

And thus Lord Feige and his merry band of Marvel Men obeyed their Prince of Asgard.

So we now have a Thor with short hair (cause Hemsworth was tired of his wig).... :(

I don’t get it. Black widows hair can grow out but not Thor’s?

Hell, in universe maybe it takes asgardians hundreds of yrs to grow their hair out. It would explain why this extremely long lived being would be so worried when stan lee decided to cut it. "It took me 500 yrs for this length!!" :( lol

Could be a writer/director by writer/director thing. Different stories that dictate how characters should act and look like. Could very well be as simple as Hemsworth asking to forgo the wig because it's itchy :dunno

Perhaps in this case, the Russos and Marcus & McFeely are making Thor age slower than others. Maybe they allude the same for Carol.

Cool to speculate but I guess we have to wait 'til release day. (Or leaks)

The directors said they manipulated what was in the trailer with CGI because they know people will be looking at every little thing and wanted to throw us off. They might have changed hair, outfits, people in scenes, etc. So we can not believe anything until we see the movie.

Back