1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War - Thor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That was unbelievably hilarious! Was it really a how to or a parody?

I’ve been honestly wiring up capes like that for years and feel pity for people who don’t “have the stones” to do it as well.

It's shtones... I've had few people ask ridiculous things at times so have turned myself up to 11 and created this character for YouTube for the laugh... "how do you dust a figure?" Really? People ask that! Also I thought why not go all out and be a bit funny, we've to many lads who think themselves so serious with their 3 grand studio lights and "professional" reviews. It's all the same. Clipper King had it right. People want to be entertained not watch a keynote on a figure.

The LED one isn’t terribly heavy but a bit of the weight is the battery and the magnet so I’d assume without the 3 gram 2032 plus the magnet plus the electronics, it’s going to be pretty light.

Just did a quick weigh-in:
HT’s Diecast Mjölnir. - 47.5 grams
HT’s IW Stormbreaker - 22 grams
BT LED Thunderaxe - 47 grams (42 grams without battery and magnetic cover)

Unsurprisingly, the diecast Mjölnir is the heaviest of all so if your figures can hold that weight then either LED or non BT should be fine. Personally, I’ll never use the HT Stormbreaker on display unless I setup a custom Avengers weapons vault.

So I spent all that time weighing the 3 accessories and battery, typed it out here to help contribute but no one gives a rats ass. Ok, good to know for future updates!

It's shtones... I've had few people ask ridiculous things at times so have turned myself up to 11 and created this character for YouTube for the laugh... "how do you dust a figure?" Really? People ask that! Also I thought why not go all out and be a bit funny, we've to many lads who think themselves so serious with their 3 grand studio lights and "professional" reviews. It's all the same. Clipper King had it right. People want to be entertained not watch a keynote on a figure.

Agreed man! Hey I had a good bunch of laughs, liked the video and was even the person to comment!

That was unbelievably hilarious! Was it really a how to or a parody?

I’ve been honestly wiring up capes like that for years and feel pity for people who don’t “have the stones” to do it as well.

Agreed man! Hey I had a good bunch of laughs, liked the video and was even the person to comment!

Thanks, you should sub, more to come.

Here is my version of StormBreaker by Bad Tomato.
It has been completely repainted to have the same color as the Hot Toys version and the joints of the 2 parts have been filled.

190410105012683532.jpg

190410105011242632.jpg

190410105011804204.jpg

190410105012259167.jpg

190410105012940996.jpg
What paint did you use also did you use a brush or a spray?

Sent from a point in space and time

So I spent all that time weighing the 3 accessories and battery, typed it out here to help contribute but no one gives a rats ass. Ok, good to know for future updates!

Did you miss this guy?

Thanks for the detailed info! Interesting to see that lil' Mjolnir is as heavy as BT SB and interesting that the batteries weigh that much. Even though they weigh the same I'm wondering if the figure holds Mjolnir easier because it's more compact. I saw in Xeno's vid that BT SB makes the hand wobble and swivel at the wrist is certain positions. I guess I'll see soon enough

What paint did you use also did you use a brush or a spray?

Sent from a point in space and time

I dont know (acrylic may be) it's a friend who made it to me.
If you have yours you can contact my friend "Cecile lhuissier (vermandel)" on Facebook and send her to make yours.

I just ordered this one from sideshow. Right now the only store I have is from the first avengers movie. I really wanted to have a storm breaker. I’ve actually ordered a lot from Sideshow recently as every time I order they give me another 25 off coupon. I ordered nebula with some reward points got a coupon and ordered Ronin. Then I got another coupon I used to order thor.No after Thor I got another coupon I don’t know if I should pick something else that I kind a want or wait to see if they do any more pre-orders at one. Really looking forward to getting this figure. One ironic thing is the only thing I don’t like about avenger thor is he’s wearing pants and not the skirt type thing was wearing the other movies. And this one is also wearing pants.

I'm curious if the fact they didn't even put this out on a thrown together endgame stand means they won't release an endgame version.
i would have thought the opposite. Seems almost certain we won’t get an Endgame Captain Marvel, or Ant-Man - but Thor’s absence hints at a future reveal, along with Black Widow and the like. Endgame Thor and Valkyrie please.

WOW...I don't collect Thor figures but damn it, I may have to break down and get his one. :gah:

We can’t know yet except for what we’ve seen in the trailers. He is wearing this suit in the trailers so it could work. It will be for my collection unless he comes out in some classic armor with helmet

So do you guys think it's safe to order IW Thor and claim this as Endgame Thor?

i’m not an expert but if i had to put money on it i’d say the IW thor is the thor you’ll get in endgame in terms of “his” armor.

and the thor that will be released for endgame will be in the quantum suit

i’m not an expert but if i had to put money on it i’d say the IW thor is the thor you’ll get in endgame in terms of “his” armor.

and the thor that will be released for endgame will be in the quantum suit

:lecture ...and with a proportionate stormbreaker

Back